PDA

View Full Version : Freshwater Track - How Rough

whichway
30-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi all

My brother is thinking of taking a Forrester into Freshwater (from the Rainbow Beach Road) in a few weeks. He doesn't mind the sand, but doesn't want to knock the car around too much. I went through a lot of years ago and it was fairly rough - A forrester would have made it OK, but you would want it to be someone else's Forrester. Anybody been though since Easter?

Thanks

Whichway

kleiny
31-03-2005, 05:07 AM
i havn't been through since january it's always pretty rough but that's why i go on it as far as ir damaging the vehicle i don't think it would, only go as fast as the track will allow & no damage will be incurred but if the tides right i would be going around double island way.

madman1
02-04-2005, 07:10 AM
would the forrester have enough clearance? I went up there in my Jackaroo around Christmas and bottomed out entering the track from the beach.

Good luck.

MEGA'bite
03-04-2005, 03:53 AM
Hi went up there over easter in my courier was quite chopped up. My dad has a forrester and ,personally dont think it be a good idea. Ground clearence and not to mention the hold ups for others if you get stuck. If he goes best of luck . Adzs

SURF_SNIPER
06-04-2005, 12:35 PM
he has got no worries, i travel through freshwater almost every weekend and have seen 2wd drive it, they have just graded the western end of it and the track is in very good condition, alternatly you could take kings bore road as it is used by hardly anyone.

drew