PDA

View Full Version : Car/Boat Fridge

robman
28-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Hi team, I have started this tread in General chat as well, hope you don't mind.

I am looking for a small car/boat fridge. Ideally I would like it to work off 12 and 240 volts. It would be used to keep drinks/sandwiches cold 95% of the time and very occasionally maybe some food like cheese and bacon and Bar-b-Que meats etc. Also one that does not draw too much out of the battery when it use. Can any of the Ausfishers throw some suggestions my way? Where do I start?
Regards Robman

FLATHEAD1
30-03-2005, 03:48 AM
I think that the engel and waeco are both good products.
Both would suit your needs. The engel ius generally a few hundred dollars more expensive.

Cheers
FH1

freefish
03-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Just to keep a few drinks & some BBQ supplies cool one of the small cheap cooler/warmers is Ok but for long term any of the dedicated fridges is the best.(Engels Waeco Trailblazer) Current draw can be high but do a great job. My Engels is over 20 years old & still going strong. Hope the Waeco lasts as well

SteveW
07-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Currently enjoying an Evakool 47 l (12/240V). Good efficiency and well built. Price equivalent to Engel.

Cheers,
Steve

bj
09-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Robman as mentioned you can't go past the established brands,such as Engel ,Waeco,Trailblazer or Evakool. I run a Trailblazer and have had it for 15years and never a problem and it has been all over this country and on some very rough tracks. The newer Trailblazers are even more economical due to the Danfoss compressor that most of them have these days. I also have just bought a new Evakool and a Waeco 36amp hr battery pack and on fridge only "not freezer" the fridge run for 24hrs with still 12.5 amps on tap so very good for a week-end away with a few beers and food. By the way I was very careful how many times and how long I lifted the lid opened.

SURF_SNIPER
09-04-2005, 12:04 PM
ive got a snapper freezer had it for nearly1.5 years now and cant praise it enough it runs in my landrover 24 hr aday/ 7 days a week, INDESTRUCTABLE!!! it al depends how much you wanna pay, trust me pay a little more and get somthing of quality you will have it for ever. ther are only 4 fridge/ freezer combos im my opinion should be looked at best to worst: snapper fridge, trailblazer, explorer, engels... but dont get me wrong, the engles is still a fantastic fridge freezer i just belive the others are a bit better

Drew.