PDA

View Full Version : Clubs

Phoenix
13-04-2005, 04:19 AM
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how I can get in touch with 4WD clubs in the Brisbane area please? Thanks.

In the not too distant future I am looking to get a crew cab defender 130, or a 110 station wagon - just thought a club would be a great place to pick up tips.

SURF_SNIPER
13-04-2005, 01:26 PM
hi phoenix, im thinking of selling my 110 now and buying a new 130 dual cab its a beauty if your looking to buy

drew.

ghost
13-04-2005, 06:01 PM
HI THERE, there are plenty of clubs around BrisVegas,Like
-Brisbane 4wd club
-Redlands
-Logan
-then to makes like
-Toyota
-Mitsubishi
-Even Lada use to have a club.
Just depends on how extreme you want to go. I would say they all do a driving test of some sort.

There is a lot of fun at a club as I was in one for about 12yrs
till I sold my 4wd for a bigger boat. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Most clubs will invite you along for a look and then decide for yourself. Goo luck. ;D ;D ;D

adrian
14-04-2005, 05:25 AM
at the 4wd expo in brissie they allow clubs to put up a stand .
please be careful in what club you want as some clubs are very family and don't do the much 4wdriving. i left one such club after a xo officer changed the reason for the club to a pansies only ( if it's got dirt then forget it we aren't going ) . other only worry about self image . ( we can't hold a meeting there it's got no bar ,comfy seats ) . so find out what you to get out of your 4wd and what you and the rest of the family want. some clubs offer day out ,weekends away and longer trips. they will also get you to do a training day or two but these days are there too help you to get confindice in your vechile if these days feel like a competion then you are in the wrong club . i've been are trainer in a couple of clubs it opens poeples eyes when they have to do basic things on easy hills but then put them in a scary hill and you see that they neede the skill after all .

i've left 4wds and got a boat and now if i see a hill in the boat i know i should not be anywhere near there

good luck in finding the club you want

Anzac

MTpockets
14-04-2005, 10:37 PM
I joined the Brisbane 4wd Club a few months ago and I can tell you they are a very well run club, with a family atmosphere. They have regular offroad activities, social outtings, anything from easy day runs, to pretty extreme offroading.
Basically with the 80 odd members in the club there is always a trip on and regular training days. Like the post before me.... if you feel its a competition, your in the wrong club..... I can vouch for this club, they are well credentialed, they just hosted the annual 4wd coroborree at Blackbutt at Easter.
Here is a link to their website. Hope to see you at a meeting one day.
cheers
Les
http://www.brisbane4wdclub.org/