PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Jackaroo Turbo diesel

Angla
06-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Was thinking of trading in the 92 Pajero V6 3.0l and saw a 99 and 01 Holden Jackaroo SE both Turbo diesels. How do they rate for towing the boat from Bris to maloolabah. the boat weighs in at 2000kgs. your thoughts as I have about $20000 more or less to play with.

Angla

zulu
06-06-2005, 02:54 PM
I have looked at these and I think, they are great value, great motor and drivetrain. Definetly worth a look,
Troy

boatboy50
12-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi Angla,

Ive got a 3.2 Jackaroo Petrol 1992 model.

I cant fault it in any way, apart from being pretty thirsty at most times.

Ive had a few boats with the Jackaroo, and at around 2.0 tonne they tow very well, even at 100km/h. Steady, powerful enough and happy.

I currently have a 2.8 tonne boat which is well overweight, but im happy towing it around town and within about 5ks of my house and ramp. I have been impressed when having to pull it up at lights, even when the trailer brakes werent working. I wouldnt take it onto the highway though, and am extremely cautious when towing it.

Only reason id get rid of it is to downgrade to a normal car when i dont need to tow big.

Regards

Darren

Angla
13-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks darren for the information.
As it happens it was too good to pass up at the price and looks the goods to do the job. Towed 1,000 kg to the tip in the trailer and did not even know it was there. Economy should be better than the petrol but am yet to try that out. Might have to hook the boat to it tomorrow just to see.

Got the happy snaps too

Thanks for the comments

Angla

Angla
13-06-2005, 10:35 AM
And another ;D