bullbar
heavy duty winch
dual battery system

Oh what a feeling!

Tony :D

Daintreeboy
03-04-2004, 11:46 AM
OMG!! Three Landies to start the thread :o :o :o

99 Nissan Gu Patrol Trayback 4.2 litre Turbo Diesel. Bull bar, side bars, side steps, Spotties, Warn 9000lb Winch, UHF, CD, Tint, Dual Batteries, Ultra Heavy Duty Suspension (3700 kg GVM) Toolbox, Water Tank, Turbo Timer, ROH Sunraysia Wheels, Headlight and Bonnet protectors, flares, safari snorkel, rear power outlet, dual tow plugs.

beats a cruiser any day ::) ::) ::)

cHiCo
03-04-2004, 11:51 AM
85 Model Cruiser
80's Series
4.something Litre Turbo Diesel
Bullbar

Im a cruiser man meself ;)

landy1
03-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Once a landy man, always a landy man. Now i just need a big paddock to start building a collection. Already eyeing off the next purchase but might have to get the move sorted out first. #::) ;D
cheers
Mick

DaneCross
03-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Our '84 dual cab hilux does the hard work around place. 2.4L diesel, no decorations just the standard accessories, bullbar, tow bar and an ugly yellow paint job. The thing'll rust away before it stops going.

Also picked up a RAV4 (I don't know if I'm allowed to mention this car in the 4x4 section :-/) recently for my fiance. Yet to take it off-road but plan to give it a few beach runs. According to other rav owners they handle the beach/sand quite well. Oh well, it tows the boat pretty well :D
DC

blaze
03-04-2004, 12:05 PM
85 mitsubishi 4x4 van 2.6 magna motor
work van come fishing van
good for sleeping in

agnes_jack
03-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Daintreeboy
Those nissans come with a winch as standard don't they?

Just in case you have to cross the nature strip ;D ;D ;D ;D

landy1
03-04-2004, 12:11 PM
The above piccy was the before shot, this is the after
cheers
Mick

Gorilla_in_Manila
03-04-2004, 12:14 PM
2001 GXL 100 series Land Cruiser
4.2 turbo diesel auto
3 batteries (it came with two)
Came with two fuels tanks 90L and 45L
Alloy winch compatable bull bar
Alloy rims with 60/40 Coopers tyres
wired for rear accessories; fridge etc
UHF CB
Rhino roof racks with lockable rod holder (actually a snow ski holder)
Safari Snorkel
Electric anti rust
Side steps
Electric trailer brakes
Extra bash plate
Custom roof topper boat rack with winch, rollers and luggage cages.
Sand mats, front, middle and back.
Headlight and bonnet guards.
Sat phone

Will be reunited with it in about 4 weeks. :D

Cheers
Jeff

Daintree,
IN YOUR DREAMS! ;D

Daintreeboy
03-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Hey Mick did you see the ad I put in for my mate? He's selling his County if you're interested?

Ya got me there Tony lol.....although Inoticed you have a winch on your cruiser ;D ;D ;D

agnes_jack
03-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Daintreeboy
Yeah mate
Thats for rescuing nissans! ;D ;D ;D ;D

landy1
03-04-2004, 12:58 PM
What county, where

Zeeke
03-04-2004, 02:51 PM
1989 Model 3litre V6 Mitsubishi Pajero NF Model with sports exhaust system.. pretty standard other then that cept is now a 5 seater.. and ive installed a cd player and GME TX3200 UHF Radio, plan to fit a safari snorkel in near future and maybe winch when i can maybe afford it towards the end of the year..also got roof rack mounted water tank (100mm PVC pipe at 2200 mm long) and Roof rack mounted rod tube at same length as water tank

Tim

stevo
03-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi there have had many but for now it's a Toyota Prado (jap import)
All the goodies
happy enough ,would like the three litre though [smiley=shifty.gif] [smiley=shifty.gif] [smiley=shifty.gif]

Justme
03-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Mines a 2003 Mazda Bravo 2.5 litre inter-cooled turbo diesel tray back. Handles Toowoomba range in 5th gear easy.
Stock standard with bullbar + 3 x 100w spotties, towbar & UHF.
Zooooom Zoooom

basserman
03-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Toyota Hilux 3l desile cab chassie
full steel bull bar
safari snorkel
hevey duty tow pak
9000lb super winch
helea spred spotties
dule batteriys
uhf cb
standard split rims
a/c
tint
cd player
drives rought
plys rougher
pull a tank
one tough ute! (also has real men drives utes sticker :P)

Robbo_Townsville
03-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Toyota Hilux Dual Cab
3Lt Diesel
B/Bar
Canopy
S/Steps
Fluffy dice
4 doors
4 windows
wife and two kids

Needmorerum
03-04-2004, 05:55 PM
'93 80 series Cruiser GXL Silver in colour, 4.2l diseasel. (1HZzzzz)
Bar with 9000lb winch, IPF Spotties, Under Bonnet Air Compressor, Extended Diff, G/Box & T/fer breathers, 2" OME Suspension Kit, 1" Spacer Kit, Cargo Barrier, Full Length ARB Roof Rack (for extended trips), Air Lockers, Rewired Centre Locker for manual switching, Winch hard wired to control switches inside, 315x16 BFG Mudders, Interior Roller Draws, 39l Engel Fridge/Freezer, 6l Waeco fridge, Custom Side Steps, Dual Batteries, Rear Wheel Carrier, Rear mounted Spotties, UHF (in car & handheld), AM CB, Pioneer Stereo, Custom Sub Box (fitted in rear quarter panel), I think thats it for now... Oh yeh 2003 Stacer 395 Proline Angler always attached.

sharkbait
03-04-2004, 06:47 PM
single cab hilux, 1990, comes with heaps of aftermarket accessories and decorations including rust, rust, some rusty bits, a thing that is covered with rust that i dont know what it is, some rust and some rust that you cant see but you just know is there. damn.

landy1
04-04-2004, 12:40 AM
;D

Reefmaster
04-04-2004, 04:14 AM
100 series gxl Landcruiser
petrol auto
air bag rear suspension
daul battery
raised springs
and a shit load of extra power outlets in the back

And also a
60 series landcruiser wagon
Unreal condition and in storage as i dont want to sell but i just have to :( looks like i will have to put it in the trading post soon. Bugger

Theres nothing ike that toyota feeling

Lachie1
05-04-2004, 08:11 AM
1994 White Toyota Landcruiser Trayback
4.2 Diesel, manual
Very nice 16 inch sunraisyas plus 5 split rims for out bush
Bullbar with Hella spotties
Snorkel (bloody hard to put on)
Freshly painted tray
Side steps
Stainless steel mud flap things (bloody hard to put on)
Stickers (not many)

Looks very schmick :D
More to come like bigger bullbar, UHF and dual tanks (when money is available) :P ::)

Cheers, Lachie

P.S i feel sorry for all you nissan people out there too ;D

Strike
05-04-2004, 09:25 AM
98 Jeep Wrangler
4L Manual
2" lift
31" BFG's
exhaust/extractors
no room

Lucky_Phill
05-04-2004, 11:09 AM
98 Ford XH ute !

OH 4 wheel drive............I see

well, it has LSD ( that's 2 ) fly wheel, ( that's 3 ) and the bloody steering wheel. Yep ! that's 4 wheel drive.

Zeeke
05-04-2004, 11:58 AM
that looks like Mooloolaba coast guard ramp there Fillup.. with a tiny lil red thing.. oh hangon, thats your ute..

Tim

Big_Kev
05-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Careful with that steering wheel Phil by the look it has a loose nut holding it on LOL.
Gee that boat of yours looks good.I wish I had one of them.
Cheers Kev.

Justme
05-04-2004, 03:18 PM
There's a lot to said for your tilly Phill.
You'll only bog 2 wheels instead of 4 if ya happen to get into a place ya shouldn't be in the first place.
Cheers
Larry

Kerry
05-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Phill, what's your all up towing weight.

Cheers, Kerry.

PS Any concrete house stumps in the boot ;D

bugman
06-04-2004, 05:12 AM
Hey Mick,

Do you ever notice that all these guys with Toyotas - especially those with Landcruisers - have heaps of "extras" on their cars like diff lockers or extra suspension to ensure better travel and to actually get to the place they're going.

I don't know why they don't go out and buy a Landrover off the shelf. Gets there in style with no added extras.

Heh heh heh ;D ;D

And for all those observant posters - yes I have a winch - so far it's been used to rescue Landcruisers, Patrols, Hiluxes, Suzukis and Challangers - not one Landrover - seriously.

Bugman

mackmauler
06-04-2004, 07:11 AM
LMAO bugman

Daintreeboy
06-04-2004, 07:25 AM
Mick, here is the link. Don't have any photos yet but it's been built up to look like the Lara Croft Tombraider vehicle.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Classified;action=display;num=10801 87345

Moffy
06-04-2004, 09:27 AM
93 GQ Nissan Trayback
coils all round
polyairbags
BFG A/T's
Snorkel
UHF
Snatch Strap to pull DaintreeBoy's Nissan out of puddles.

DaintreeBoy - you forgot to mention your most recent addon - the green paint (from where you backed in to your missus' Hyundai. ;D)

Daintreeboy
06-04-2004, 10:00 AM
:D

Lucky_Phill
06-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Hey, Brett, the only option needed on the Landy was a " TOW HOOK ?

Bloody $60,000 car and no tow hook on the front, WTF ?

You did use the winch once to get a Landy out. Yours, when you had NO TOW HOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Phill

Lucky_Phill
06-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Kerry, the tow cap of the Ute is 2,300 kgs with an auto box. The manual only handles 1,200kgs.

ReBait only goes 1,800 all up.

You'd be very surprized how easy the towing is in the Ute, probably due to the dual axle under ReBait.

Phill

Big_Kev
06-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Brett the landys would be good if they didn't break down so much.
They aren't towed out as much as they are towed home.
But landy owners love em so much it's not worth trying argue any different, LOL ;D
Cheers Kev.

mackmauler
06-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Havnt had 1 breakdown in 5 years with mine. ;D roadside troubleshooting a few times ;D ;D

Kerry
06-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Well at least one can usually fix a landrover with some fencing wire and a pair of pliers :P, try doing that with some of the "new" monstrosities.

Cheers, Kerry.

Big_Kev
06-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Kerry you have obviously forgotten that current model Landrovers fall into the catagory of new monstrities as much as any.
And the ability to carry out the repairs as you have mentioned is still viable on current models as much as older. :)
Cheers Kev.

Big_Kev
06-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Rob that last statement contradicts itself. ;D

mackmauler
06-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Yeh Kev its always something fixable like a oil hose or connection come loose or a bonnet coming off :o flat tyres, maybe a hub or 2, all easily fixed.

Big_Kev
06-04-2004, 04:32 PM
LOL at Rob.
;D

Justme
06-04-2004, 04:35 PM
I did 162000 km in 18 months my last Bravo turbo diesel without a whimper.
Zoooom Zooooom

skippa
06-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Suzy Grand Vitara V6
Sports wagon/pack
Bull bar Spotties Alloys etc

Kept it simple, as its actually the missus' car, and the first 4x4 we've had. Just great for scooting up the beach on Straddie and up Teewah .

Doesn't mind yanking the 17 ft Haines around, when required either.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

SNELLY
06-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey Bugman -

"I don't know why they don't go out and buy a Landrover off the shelf. Gets there in style with no added extras."

No added extra's - what about the water and dust ???

Snelly

bugman
07-04-2004, 03:44 AM
Snelly,

So they leak a bit - I never said the seals were any good, only the mechanics ;D ;D ;) ;)

Kev, when I look under the bonnet of mine - I can't even see the motor - they put so many covers in there I'm sure they're trying to pursuade you from tinkering - plus I'd have no idea where to start. On the 3Y Hilux well that's another matter.

I've had two mechanical failures both caused by humans - Installation of a relay switch for the spotties saw me forget to do up the bolt for the EPA unit which eventually fell down around the torsion bar and got ripped off in the sand. - when fixing that the mechanic played with the turbo and forgot to do up the main arm properly which eventually fell off after two days. Other than that - hasn't put a foot wrong.

Phil - Not sure what your talking about - I had a look when I got home and sure enough the Landy's got a tow hook - looks a great one too.

WHAT IT DOESN'T HAVE IS A BLOODY PROTECTION BAR ANYMORE - How did that happen >:( >:( -

IF YOU'VE GOT A 4WD KEEP THE BLOODY THING IN 4WD.

I'm going now

Bugman

neptune
07-04-2004, 04:34 AM
Just a couple of months ago I was camping on a stretch of beach when I saw tufts of diesel smoke rising in the air a couple of k's away. I jumped in my Landrover to see who was bogged and there was a 80 series cruiser bogged in the sand in a creek that cuts across the beach with a 100 series trying to snatch him out and a nissan patrol looking on. The bloke with the patrol said it was a waste of time as he has had a go and the cruiser couldn't move him either and that I would be wasting my time having a go with my Landy. I backed up and hooked the snatchem on and took up the slack and let it have it and out the cruiser came, no problems. I had skinny 16 inch tyres too and they all had 10r15s or similar on. Not one of them said a word except the bloke who was stuck, but my T-shirt said it all with 'it's never over in a Rover' on the back.

Big_Kev
07-04-2004, 05:52 AM
Yeah yeah yeah.
And I can remember being in New Guinea in 96 and the Landy lovers conned management into buying Landrovers instead of the trusted TOJO's saying it would cut costs.
We got 5 to add to the fleet of about 40 TOJO's on site.
The first one died in a matter of hours when the shock tower broke and the shocky punched a hole in the radiator bottle and cooked the Briggs and Stratton donk.
Another one did the same not long after that.
We quickly got the others in and strengthened the towers.
Broken gearboxes,drivelines,broken chassis and blown engines, in the next few weeks.They just don't like to be punished.
We fixed em up and they were given to management to try and make them last and were handed back after about a week and we were told to give em to the boys to kill em.
They were subsequently scrapped and only saw a couple of months work.
Oh well it was just back to what cost a bit more but worked the best, TOJO's.

landy1
07-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Oh the gloves come off. Ah well theres nothing wrong with tojos that a bit of salt water wont fix ;D

Kerry
07-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Yeah must say it's simply amazing the gear a 4WD just "has to have" these days ;D.

Some simply aren't satisfied unless they've got the biggest, luggiest tyres with the heaviest set of chains and have this thing about rotary hoeing every wet boggy road they can find.

Rotary hoed roads are favourites of little landrovers with little tyres.

Cheers, Kerry.

Kerry
07-04-2004, 06:52 AM
Oh the gloves come off. Ah well theres nothing wrong with tojos that a bit of salt water wont fix #;D

If it was one problem with the first Toyota's it was trying to find that 4th gear, simply didn't have the guts to pull a skin of a rice pudding going down hill.

Now finding 4th gear and actually having a 4th gear, ah oo, then someone worked out that real 4WD's in those days actually had 4 gears ;D.

Cheers, Kerry.

paz
07-04-2004, 06:58 AM
well where do i start,,im an early jeep freak,,have got 4 of them,,latest model would be my cj-6 that is about 1960..my main project over the last 10 years has been my '57 jeep truck,,the engineers report reads like a novel,,running 351 ford,,auto box,,swapped in transfer,,lifted around 12 inches,,33" muds,,only thing that hasnt been modified is the ahmmmm,,,,gee,,i forget,,lol...also have a '82 international scout terra,,she's waitin for the angle grinder ;)...
paz

landy1
07-04-2004, 07:07 AM
We always welcome freaks here, they're the nicest sort of people
cheers
Mick

Kerry
07-04-2004, 07:08 AM
.... i forget,,lol...also have a '82 international scout terra ....

Scouts? haven't heard that word in a long while, now they were interesting, especially the older Scouts, rough as gu..

Another thing one doesn't see much of these days is the 4WD Falcon Ute, why? well that's easy to understand.

Another, one doesn't see much of these days is the Gladiator, gee can't even remember who made them! Jeep?

Cheers, Kerry.

neptune
07-04-2004, 07:09 AM
People forget that if it wasn't for rover they wouldn't have a lot of what they have in a fourby today. Coil springs, constant four wheel drive, hill descent control and probably heaps of other things they started. There is a little bit of land rover in all four wheel drives.

caloundra
07-04-2004, 07:25 AM
03 silver pajero
big wheels and tyres
bull bar, towbar, side steps
roof racks(for the mother in law)

2nd pajero 4th 4wd

paz
07-04-2004, 07:29 AM
well the early "falcon overlander" run pretty much a jeep drive train,,all dana spicer,,and there wasnt many built,,the gladiator,,well she is all jeep,,from the kaiser era....
im pretty sure that there is a lot of jeep in all 4by's these days as well,,and to get picky,,,a lot more "bantam" than any other breed....
paz

Big_Kev
07-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Ahh the attack of the LandRover people.
This is like throwing a ball to a puppy.
After all they are a Rover I spose.
I have said it before that Land Rover people love these things so much it is imposible to convince them otherwise.
They buy them because they like to be different.
Even with the evidence of market share, value for money, quality of product.
I think these may be some of the reasons Toyota and Nissan outsell them by about 100 to 1. # :'( :'( :'(
But you Landy guys can have em, I will stick to what works, even if they do rust faster than there recycled coke cans. ;D
Cheers Kev. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

basserman
07-04-2004, 07:59 AM
People forget that if it wasn't for rover they wouldn't have a lot of what they have in a fourby today. Coil springs, constant four wheel drive, hill descent control and probably heaps of other things they started. There is a little bit of land rover in all four wheel drives.

bloody hell my 2000 hilux has none of that shit and still gets me where ever i want!
presonly i had enoght of the bloody land rovers 110 in the army to see my days out :P

if yuou want the best all terrain vechaile than you can't beat some thing with full track and a nice big V8 ;D ;D ;D

Strike
07-04-2004, 08:11 AM
hey paz nice to see a jeep fan on here
i've got a tj and am having nothing but fun!

Big_Kev
07-04-2004, 08:27 AM
What auto box are you running Paz?

paz
07-04-2004, 08:28 AM
post a pic up strike,,and do you know of http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/
paz

paz
07-04-2004, 08:30 AM
reel mate it is a slightly tricked up c-4 ford box,,absolutley love an auto in a 4by...only thing is i dont have much compression braking...
paz

Strike
07-04-2004, 08:38 AM
yeah i check out ausjeep every fews days...

here she is in a rare state.. nice and clean

http://members.optusnet.com.au/npoysden/Jeep/107-0705_IMG.JPG

Kerry
07-04-2004, 09:15 AM
.... here she is in a rare state.. nice and clean ....

;D you actually dirty that ;)

Cheers, Kerry.

paz
07-04-2004, 11:10 AM
very smick....
paz 8)

skippa
07-04-2004, 03:57 PM
So Landy owners reckon that nothing can beat 'em, eh?

Well for the record my Suzy Grand Vitara wins hands down. But I have to admit, I've tricked her up a bit.......... here's a photo ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8)

Thebuffalo
08-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Well here is the boat hauling beasty I have.
98 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT
6.5lt Turbo Diesel
Auto Trans (which I love in a 4wd)
Fits the five kids, dosen't do to bad offroad (yes it gets offroad regularly believe it or not), and it hauls the boat like it's not even there (my favourite aspect)

SteveCan
08-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Hi Guys,

I guess I got in late on this one, My beast is an 02' GU Nissan Patrol 3.0l Turbo Diesel. Bugger all extras beyond rustproofing, Window tinting and towbar.

She is grouse for towing the boat, putting the Canoe on the roof, heading over to Moreton and carting a bunch of kids around the place.

I would have liked the bullbar, but given she is 'sponsored' by my employer I can't be all that choosy. The only reason I would want it is for Rod racks anyway and they go on the roofrack fine anyways.

Cheers
Steve

Zeeke
08-04-2004, 10:46 AM
and Steve's nissan is an absolute comfort to ride in, a top vehicle!! nearly as good as my pajero! hehhe j/k good rig mate! certainly towed my boat well when we did the BP M&G..

Tim

jethro6641
10-04-2004, 06:25 AM
Just read through the thread and I think it comes down to personal preference. Having lived on Fraser Island for two years I pretty well saw it all. At the end of the day it mostly comes down to the ability of the driver and not so much the vehicle. I have had a Mitsubishi Triton, Ford Courier, Petrol Prado, Turbo Diesel Prado and now a 2002 100 Series Turbo Diesel Cruiser. I have upgraded the Suspension because the Genuine Toyota stuff is shocking, she also has a steel roo bar X9 Suoerwinch, 2 x Rally 2000s and 1 x Lightforce, UHF radio, 4 x Batteries (Original plus 2 Deep Cycle), Kaymar wheel carrier, Codan HF, Shelf system, ARB compresser, Sheep skins, Tint and custom ally roofrack. For me the chose to put the extras on was so I had an extremely versitile vehicle that would meet my need for travelling in rural and remote areas. You stop in any country town and they are likely to have Toyota parts on the shelf.

Besides the most important thing is it pulles my 7mtr Plate anywhere I want to go.

Cheers,

Jamie

Gorilla_in_Manila
10-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Jamie,
Couple of questions for ya if you don't mind.
Where did you stick the 4th battery? Got a 130amp hr deep cycle in mine, but didnt look like there was room for another one, unless you stuck 2 very small ones over in the passenger side gap under the bonnet ( sort of on top of the passenger side wheel arch, if you know where I mean).
What suspension did you change to?
Does the compressor go the whole distance when you pump your tyres up again after coming off the beach, or does is cut out and need a couple of rests? My old man has a blue tongue and think he said is cuts out at least once a tyre and takes abt 10 minutes to rest / cool and go again.
Cheers
Jeff

landy1
10-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Good question about the compressor. Id like to know how that ARB unit goes aswell. Do you use yours for lockers and does it have a reserve tank. Im looking closely at an endless air style jobby. (belt driven)
cheers
Mick

jethro6641
10-04-2004, 05:03 PM
G'Day Jeff and Mick,

The two deep cycle batteries are not the best set up but on my last big trip through NT, Birdsville and the three ways it worked great. I have 2 x Sealed Maintenance free lead Acid batteries that they use in Nav aids and change over every twelve months. They are about 65Amp/hr each and are in paraelle to each other. I ran 6mm twin sheathed cable from the engine bay down the chassis rail and the batteries are mounted in the shelf system I built in the back. From the passenger side battery in the front I have a power wire running to a heavy relay. Another wire than runs to an ignition feed wire, in my case I took it off the windscreen wiper motor, an earth to the chassis and an in lione fuse on each end. The way it works is that as soon as the igniton is turned on and the car is running charge is being fed down the 6mm cable and charges the two batteries in the back. I have two accessory plugs in the back one direct from the cranking batteries and the other from the two deep cycle. On my nine week trip I just swapped the 90ltr Evakool over every three days so I could rotate the current draw. I also ran power tools on an inverter, ran 3 x Fluro lights and had the HF radio on 24 hrs a day and ran a 12 volt shower every other night and did not run out power once. Overall it worked very very well.

Cheers,

Jamie ;D

jethro6641
10-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Now about your suspension question Jeff,

I changed to Old Man Emu front shocks and dialled up the torsion bars to the ARB recommended specs. Cant tell you what model shocks I put in now and the missus has the car. I can tell u they were not the ones with the additional canister. I than replaced the rear shocks and springs again with Old Man Emu. The shocks have a constant weight rating but I have found the ride to be sensational and the vehicle has been raised just enough to make it look like where it should have been sitting in the first place. I always thought it was a bit low. Something I did not mention before is I also changed the tyres to Coopers ST's and increased the size to 285's. After nearly 30,000 klms and alot of dirt and gravel driving they are unreal and not as noisy on the road as u would think. I am know way into jardcore four wheel driving and I did not want my cruiser to look like a monster truck but I do think it is a far better rig with the suspension and bigger tyres.

The ARB compressor. I purchased the one in the tool box configuration so I could use it on the boat trailer as well without having an extrmely long air hose. I did my trip in September last year an I got a big piece of wire in one of the 285's. I removed the wire and put a plug in it and inflated the tyre from dead flat on the side of the road in the midday heat and the comptresser did not stop once. I also used it reinflate all four tyres anfter letting them right down to get over Big Red. So I give the ARB compressor a big thumbs Up ;D ;D ;D. Being portable means you can move it out of direct sun if need be.

Mick, I onlt use the compressor for inflation of tyres, I don't really have a need for lockers, but I do know that ARB do do a very good Air Locker configuration with I think a resovoir set up.

Hope all that is of help.

Hoo Roo,

Jamie :)

Gorilla_in_Manila
11-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Jamie
Thanks for all the info. Got the Coopers also in 60/40 pattern, and I reckon they are great. A bit of noise when on the road with the window down, but with it up, no drama. Gotta to watch the speed around speed trap areas though as the extra diameter tyres adds about 5% to what the speedo is telling me.
I have been thinking of doing the OLD Man Emu thing myself. The old man has stuck a set of bags on the back, but I've been thinking about getting back and doing the suspension over. Will have to check it out again and see what he thinks after his usage of it.
I don't know how your original suspension was set up when you got the car, but mine definitely had the back set higher so it had a nose down look when not loaded. Came down to perfectly level when loaded up with trailer or the old mans bushtracker. Seen a few others that seemed to be set at level when unloaded and looked a bit saggy arsed when loaded.
That good to hear about the compressor. Hope it comes with one of those clip attachements so you dont have to sit there holding the bloody thing on whilst reinflating the coopers. Gee they take a lot of air.
As I mentioned, I got a 130amphour battery and stuck it under the bonnet.
(great for giving yourself a jump start if you've left the lights on). ;)
There is just enough room for it over the passenger side wheel arch but it takes a bit of fitting in, and you've got to get a really good strong holder so there is no chance of it vibrating loose and moving. The accessories plug that I got wired into the back only draws off the deep cycle. Don't think it will be all that good for your crank batteries, but yeah 3 days seems about the limit you get out of the deepcycle unless you are on the move and constantly getting a good charge back into it; little trips a km or so down the beach and back fishing just doesn't keep up with it. We run a trailblazer in the back. (Guess I could run a set of jumper cables over from one crank battery to keep it going if I was desparate.)
Anyway, Thanks for the info.
Cheers
Jeff

boatboy50
15-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Hey guys,
ive got a 92' Holden Jackaroo. 3.2 petrol auto 7 seater
I know, its no landy, but it brings me home from wherever i go, and cost me about 45g's less.
Have been offroad a fair bit, Fraser through some nasty stuff was the most trying, but after going around the stuck troopys and pajeros, i got through no worries! Waddy is soo much fun!
Used to tow the Hydrofield (2 tonne), and the 575F with no worries, but i did have to fit a trans cooler to stop the trans over heating.
Towed a big caravan straight for six hours and it asked for more.
Uses heaps of fuel, but from what i hear, nothing like a cruiser.
Touch wood, no worries yet mechanically, cept damn fuses, which i had to wait two days to get the main ignition fuse in from sydney, bloody Holden.
Just has a bull bar, rust proof, and thats about it, using GT Radial tyres. So far, so good.
Regards
Darren

Big_Kev
15-04-2004, 02:22 PM
This is my fishing outfit.
85 model HJ75 diesel trayback, WD40 aircon and H/D suspension for a comfortable ride(not).Good tow hook on the back to pull out the Landy's and bull bar to push them when required LOL :o.
The boat is a 4.75 Formosa C/C powered by 60 Yammie 4 stroke.
Cheers Kev. :) :)

bugman
16-04-2004, 05:11 AM
Kev

You'll just never learn will you ;D ;D

Next time we have a MG I'll give you a ride in a real car ;D

Brett

Big_Kev
16-04-2004, 10:16 AM
So you finaly got a cruiser then Brett.LOL

Zeeke
16-04-2004, 10:27 AM
lol
nice come back there Kevay!

Tim

mackmauler
16-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Ill get the snatchem strap dusted off tonight Kev, might need to pull ya off the ramp tomorrow ;D roflmao

Justme
16-04-2004, 03:54 PM
If Kev wanted a "car" he'd buy a "car"

Larry

Big_Kev
16-04-2004, 04:35 PM
So you saw the light and bought a Cruiser too Rob.
Gee wizz and I thought you landy boys couldn't be converted.
RAFLMAO

Gorilla_in_Manila
17-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Meet and Greet,
BBQ for cruiser drivers.
Coctail frankfurts and fairy bread at the kids table for anyone driving anything else. No red cordial though, we will never get you to bed.
;D ;D ;D
Cheers,
Jeff

landy1
17-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Comeback what comeback, introducing the landrover series 2 anti tank gunbuggy.
Havent seen toyosan kidney bruiser models of these eh ;D

blaze
17-04-2004, 08:44 AM
hi landy
they come up with all sorts of propulsion methods for landies, turn the turrent
around for foward and back to current position for reverse LOL
cheers
blaze

snappa
17-04-2004, 11:07 AM
giday
scout - f20 - land rover short wheel base ute ???
i will put up a post for you landy lovers when photos are available.of some of the 4x4 i have owned
the BEST 4x4 i have owned ;D
many trips to fraser and towed a 17ft boat to fish the classic
i had a arb diff locker (rear) and a front diff lock (lsd) not sure what brand
time comes when every thing has to be sold and replced with a new 4x4. i still have the tent from the ute ;D

snappa
17-04-2004, 11:14 AM
heres the new one :)
great for comfort and sand driving ;D
no sure on thr rought stuff YET ???

Big_Kev
17-04-2004, 02:44 PM
What are you doing with the tent Snappa.

caloundra
18-04-2004, 02:51 AM
nice 4WD snappa
althou it looks a little familar
good choice i think they are a great allround unit

Daniel

snappa
18-04-2004, 03:18 PM
caloundra
yes the glx model just as good but cheaper ::)

boof
20-04-2004, 04:02 PM
83 model toyota g pack wagon old but still going strong

DoubleD
23-04-2004, 06:46 AM
HI, ;)

My fishing wagon is;
2000 Nissan Patrol 4.5L
ARB Bull / Tow bar
WARN 1000lb iwnch
4" suspension lift
Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks
F&R air lockers - compressor
IPF spot lights
Dual batteries
Auscar Offroad rims
35" BFG mud's
Its my fishing toy goes everywhere!!!

mossy43
26-04-2004, 08:26 AM
She is an old 83 model but she is great on Fraser Island and she is in top nick. Mossy

Big_Kev
26-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Mossy she is beautiful I am in love again.

mossy43
26-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Thanks Kev to top it all she has a genuine 131745 km's on the clock. Mossy

CHRIS_aka_GWH
27-04-2004, 01:44 PM
1976 LWB SERIES 3 Land Rover 110 Wagon
Petrol 2.25l original engine
Overdrive
Twin 60l fuel tanks
Series 3 "surround sound" noise system
Flow thru air conditioning
Landrover's patented "mark-a-trail" guidance system
Seated belted for nine - rod holders for 4 persons so that makes 5 spectators seated in comfort.

too many features to mention

comming to a beach near U,

chris

jono_69
21-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Lexus LX470 on Gas Cheaper than you think on the second hand market. Horrific resale from new

Cloud_9
30-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Curranty have 2001 Rodeo LX # v6 crew cab.
BUT Have just payed for 2004 LT #crew cab its got everything airbags, abs brakes cruz control air pushbutton 4x4 6 stack cd electric windows and mirrors
I could woffill on and on, i loove it. BUT i have to want till july - august for delivery what a pisser.

Cheers Cloud 9

P.S. they are 4X4's

Big_Kev
30-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Here is my cruiser

Derek Bullock
31-05-2004, 10:55 AM
HOWZATTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefraider_II
08-06-2004, 08:37 AM
well this is my gq patrol 1989 33" mud tyres and thats about it..
oh yeah and thirsty very thirsty

FLATHEAD1
21-06-2004, 07:00 PM
This is my 1987 Nissan Safari (jap import)
125,000 ks 4.2 diesel 5 spd in excellent original condition

Cloud_9
25-06-2004, 03:42 PM
my new 1 still hasn't arrived yet :-[ :-[

cheers Cloud 9

bruce4x4
28-06-2004, 07:11 AM
Toyota 80 series wagon.
Home made draw system,very handy.
300.000km still going strong 'touch wood'
I love my cruiser ;D ;D

MTpockets
05-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Just bought this 1992 hilux, pick her up this week #;D
happy as Larry
cheers
Les

Big_Kev
05-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Looks like a nice truck Les, fill us in on the specs.

MTpockets
05-07-2004, 01:11 PM
TOYOTA HILUX SURF
1992 turbo diesel, auto,MAROON wide bodied, air con, power steer, central locking, side steps, new Pioneer CD stereo and speakers, electric windows, Bridgestone desert dueller tyres, perfect interior,
mechanically A1 and runs very sweet.
130,000 kms
Lady owner who did some beach offroad only 2 trips to double island point, and one trip to moreton. Apart from that just town use.
Just going to buy a push bar, spotties and rustproofing and thats all she needs.
To look at it you would think its brand new, well looked after.
Happy as Larry ;D
cheers
Les

webby
12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
This is myold girl, one of the best cruiser built, 4.2lt turbo deisel.
Coverted to coil suspension, she'll Pull a b-double #;D
regards

ross_woody
16-07-2004, 04:13 PM
1989 toyota surf 2.4l turbo Diesel. Like all things, look after them and they go well

Crewsin
19-07-2004, 09:32 PM
I had one of those Webby....great truck too

Crewsin
19-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Then a couple of washes later and hey presto .....the new toy

Cloud_9
28-07-2004, 04:39 PM
who's a fat Bastard ay?? ;D ;D ( I'm excited )
My new utes finaly here ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]
Pick it up tomorrow afternoon (wednesday ) yahoo!!!!!!

post pics probably thursday ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Cloud 9

jordy
29-07-2004, 08:32 AM
[smiley=laola.gif]I have new toys, I have a 91 Ford Maverick fitted with 35inch mud terrain tyres, 4 inch lift, adjustable tough dog shocks (lift and shocks fitted by me and my boyfriend) 900lb winch, alloy bull bar, lightforce 170 driving lights, duel batteries, fridge (to keep the beer and fish cold) shower that runs throught the heat exchange so on the cold nights you can get clean and warm, rear drawer system and a ship shape tent so where ever I can park the truck I can camp. My boyfriend just got me a stessl edge tracker with a 30hp merc so now Im set, just what every girl needs. I love it we just pack up and go.

Cloud_9
30-07-2004, 01:36 AM
I got my new ute,I got my new ute, I got my new ute, I got my new ute.

Cloud_9
30-07-2004, 01:44 AM
Sorry wrong pic that was me before this shot was taken ;D

here tis ME NEW UTE 2004 Rodeo LT Crewcab 4X4 fully opioned electric everything , cruz, and air bags.
the rack on the back was their stuff up, was only supposed to have sprort bar not carry bars, so i got $900 bars for $400.
well they made me wait 9bloody weeks so i wasn't tellin anyone. ;D
just need the signage now.

Cheers Cloud 9

snappa
30-07-2004, 08:43 AM
cloud9

are they any GOOD ????

bugman
30-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Jamie,

I seriously hope it's not a petrol. My brother has a brand newie as well courtesy of work. OH MY GOD - fuel consumption is horrendous.

Looks good though.

Brett

Big_Kev
30-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Sweeeet lookin ride Jamie.
I love the colour, I have a dunnydore the same colour and it is easy to keep cleanish and doesn't show the scratches and dents up to much.
If it is the V6 I bet it will hammer.
Cheers Kev. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Cloud_9
30-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Snappa, dont know how good as yet. but reported to be biggest in the class, only done 100km's so far. it feels very tight, not like the last 1 i bought, 2001 was very nippy and had trouble with wheel spin all the time.
this 1 feels heavy, abit dowie, but quiet and comfy much bigger in side.
the sound system is great. mobile phones frig fart around with the central locking ( stop it working properly, found that out today 1st hand ) read it in the hand book tonight .
brett, fuel? don't know yet but last 1 got 350km's to 50 liters towing everyday.
but old 1 was 3.2L V6 this 1 is 3.5L V6
you would exspect it to use slitely more ::) but the Hilux's are very thirsty, reportedly they use more than a landcruzer, and thats from someone who has 1 of each.
kev, didnt you see the big kev impersonation i posted im excited,( wife would let me sleep in it last night ) so didn't sleep too good. LOL.
hope it as good as the last rodeo i just parted with!

Cheers Cloud 9

noluck
01-08-2004, 10:33 AM
One more Jeep cherokee sport classic 1995 4.0l black.. 8)

megafish71
02-08-2004, 08:48 AM
1988 60 series cruiser

megafish71
02-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Traded it last week on this 80 series

Rev
02-08-2004, 10:02 AM
2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II.

TD5 Auto with Self Levelling Suspension.

~150 litre LRA Fuel Tank.

Plenty of dealer extras.

Cibié Apollo Turini Driving Lights (One Spread, One Spot)

Plus all of the standard recovery gear, Brano Hand Winch, Tree Protectors, Snatch Strap, Shovel, Chains, Drag Chain etc. etc.

I've previously had, long term (250,000km for each), a V6 Prado and a Pajero, as well as driven plenty of Cruisers and Patrols.

I DO prefer my Discovery!

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Big_Kev
02-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Any pics Rev..

Cloud_9
02-08-2004, 03:46 PM
just an update from my earlier post of My NEW Rodeo.
The jury is still out on this one the first few drives have me thinking i bought a bag of sh&t gutless but quiet.
anyway have a list for the guys to address on the first service.
push button 4x4 is tempermental.
hand brake won't hold on my driveway, in ether dirrection.
car has trouble getting to 100kmh.
brakes need 2 feet applied to stop in a hurry. think back brakes need adjusting that would also fix the hand brake problem.
the performance that you expect from 3.5L v6 should be better than what i have at the moment.
the last v6 was a rocket ship straight from the dealership gate. i had trouble with wheel spin ( hard to stop)
this 1 would have trouble with the skin on a custard.
admittedly it is getting better with thew more k's that im doing but if the performance is limited by the computer to stop incorrect run in problems couldn't they ( the dealers tell you that the car has a self preservation mode in built with the computer rather than the buyer like me thinking that they have bought a dud?? ) fuel is getting better though, trip to noosa today sore 300k's for half a tank on the return trip.
thats better than the old rodeo by about 50klm, but there is a differance in the amout of fuel in the tank. half tank in the old ute was 32.5L and this 1 is 37.5L so it about the same dollars.
it seems to drive a bit better after each cool down.ie , over night.
still generaly happy with it but there's a question mark still hovering close by on the dud thing!

will keep you's posted on the progress.

Cheers the whinging Cloud 9

Rev
02-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Only from Day one, Kev.

July 2001!

First new car I've ever bought, but I've had a few new 4WD's courtesy of previous employ.

snappa
03-08-2004, 12:23 PM
CLOUD9 A EXPENSIVE EXERISE

Big_Kev
03-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Rev that is a Disco any landy man would be proud of.
Cloud I think it will improve when it runs in but the hand brake and brakes sound scary.

Cloud_9
04-08-2004, 04:08 AM
well haven't got long before first service now.
did fuel econ check 7.3 km's to the litre so far thats compearable to the 3.2L in 2001 rodeo, so im happy on that front.

spoke to mate last nite and friend of friend bought 1 a while back ( this year )
and he actualy rang the dealer and requested a refund and his old car back.
he is happy with the car now but its the inital couple of days that should be like
O what a feeling .
get everything off to a bad start because the dealers cant or wont tell the buyers more about the run in period.
like ive said in preveous post / gressel! #im thinking it miter have somethingto do with where these cars are made as to the way they perform out of the box so to speek.
last car was made in spain there fuel is poor standard compered to ours so , my thiory is the the fuel injection has to be tweeked up a bit to get the required KW output for the specs.
and the curant car #came from Taiwan where the fuel is better than ours !( octane wise)
this is just a theory because everyone ive since spoken to about these cars say the same thing , and that is that they are a totaly different cars after the first service.
so im guessing they re adjust the injection for our fuel?
it ok to say its just new car tightness but haveing compeared 2 similar V6's shorly they cant be so defferent when there the same engine ?
with reguards to the injection thing the first rodeo was toned down after first service .( it had less power ) like it had had the edge taken off it.
i mean from new i would get wheel spin from rolling start when i floored it and that was both back wheels. after service no more wheel spin .
OK i mite be petrol head but its good to feel the power when u up it a bit.
just as a mater of interest is there any machanics following these posts care to put their to bobs whurth in as im realy searching for answers and the dealers tell u sweet fu## all. # # #
just on a defferent topic .. dino tuneing... can they adjust the injection and timing on these new electronical controled vehicals without fisical modifications being made???

Cheers Confused Cloud 9

Big_Kev
04-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Jamie I think that if you get it to the first service and tell the service advisor about all the issues he will be able to take care of it from there.
Like you are not happy with the performance.
Not happy with the brakes etc etc.
In the eyes of the dealer if they do work to your car they want to be paid. And if it is going to be a warranty claim they have to wait until the customer has an issue with the performance. Pre delivery does not allow for this sort of work to be carried out,(even if they think it does need to be done) and a warranty tune up from the show room floor wouldn't go through the manufacturers paper trail so to speak.
Sometimes manufacturers relise a problem and allow the dealers to carry out work in advance and the dealer gets paid a set fee to carry out such work. Other than that you will just have a whinge and ask for the old ute back. LOL.
But these guys hear all the stories so see if you can think of a new one they haven't heard yet.
Cheers Kev :D

Cloud_9
04-08-2004, 04:48 PM
gaday all the problem of the gutless piece of crap.problem solvered.
finaly found somone to explain the car to me.
BUT I HAD TO RING A PERFORMANCE PLACE.
it turns out these clever little japs have created an( I ROBOT) computer system for my new ute, as in it has whats called a progresive learning computer. so when you take delivery of your new car its programed just like a little old lady drives the thing.
and it learns to adjust to your driveing style over the first couple weeks of operation.
But it can be cercumvented (speed up the process ) but it has to have a few k's up first. and it costs $149 and will up the KW output of the vehical 40kw without voiding the warranty.and thats 40Kw on top of the 147Kw that the ute is supposed to have.
so im going to stack on the k's then off to the dynotune shop so i can get the extra 27.5% Kw power for $149.
even the service manager couldnt tell me or would tell why the car is so under powered from new apart from (its a new car there all like that)
everything else have to sort out myself or ill miss the next fishing trip :-[
so the hole crapy feeling of being duded could have been avoided if a salesman had of informed me that the computer system has to learn your driveing requirerments over the first few weeks so dont be worried about the lack of power it seems to have from the showroom floor. :-/ :-/
anyway I've have a damb good whinge, had a go at holden, only to find that dyno tune specialist has had lots of these cars through for the same reason, people looking for answers to the aparent lack of power thats not there when you take delivery.
theres a lack of communication in these car yards.

Cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
07-08-2004, 04:13 PM
1200ks on the newy and its startin to let its balls drop.
brakes have fixed themselves, the smile is startin to come across my dial when i start in the morning as the power is noticeibly better every day now. :-/
so i think my money was well spent .
here a shot in daylight.

Cheers Cloud 9 # Rodeo owner [smiley=laola.gif]

snappa
15-08-2004, 09:05 PM
jamie

it may well be the tow vehicle for the double island red emperor attack... ;D
it looks like we could fit 2 x 200 lts drums of fuel in the back ::)

nisrol
16-08-2004, 09:27 AM
well thought i'd put in also at the moment 1990 ea falcon does the job of pulling 6.1mtr's of boat reasonably well just waiting on the delivery of nissan motor co. of 91 ford maverick YEH i know it's second hand but beggers can't be choosers it's cheep and just had the 4.2ltr diesel rebuilt .
have read all the other comments here and know that the nissan's have got the strongest drive train in the 4x4 class but when push comes to shove having worked in a wreckers yard you do the wrong thing they all look like bad and it is all in the operator of the vehicle as to it's performance on the road or on the tracks ie: knowing what your doing.
so therefore realy it don't matter what sort of 4x4 you own it's up to your drive style and your ability ,preperation and how well you look after your 4by .
;D ;)

Cloud_9
17-08-2004, 04:24 PM
thats dead right nisrol #ive had a nissan 720 for 11years did over 500,000Km's took it to hell and back and it only let me down twice, smashed a rear diff and gearbox got stuck in reverse. i even used to jump it Dukes of hazard stile when going to work on accasion, and had 2 patrols , #1 ute , 1 long wheelbase wagon. tuff trucks. but im getting soft now , i like my quiet and comfy ride Rodeo.
most of these vehicals will do amazing things if your not stupid at the wheel.

Snappa, maybe it'll see the beach at christmas itreststed to try the push button 4x4 ( no stopping getting sand in the car at the start of the beach.) ;D just like yourself with the cumfy wagon.

Cheers Cloud 9

Gorilla_in_Manila
21-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Time for a propper 4WD me thinks. ;)
At Eli creek Fraser Island Jul 2004.
Cheers
Jeff

bassfanatic5
23-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Just picked up a new 2004 turbo deisel bravo 4x4 this week.

Matt
31-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Hilux 3litre Diesel. Bit of a slug but wouldn't want anything else ;D

Matt.

nisrol
31-08-2004, 07:46 PM
yeh and i've got mine now also AT LAST ;D tickled pink with it to, ;D
just prooves if you look around long enough you will find what your looking for 91 model GQII Ha Ha here's the tricky part (FORD MAVERICK) YEH SO WHAT IT'S STILL A PARTOL UNDERNEATH ???but for $10,000 could not really turn my head away from it quite a straight truck for the price got a ausfish decal on the rear left window so if'n ya see me give us a toot ;D

cooky
04-09-2004, 09:08 AM
2003 Hilux SR5 3.4V6 auto. Yes never had an auto before, but thought I'd try it - I like it - very good when 4x4'ing and holding a beer coke.
Had a Rodeo before and JEEP. Love the Hilux.
Coopers AT tyres - standard tyres are crap - got rid of them.
IPF Spots - had Cibies, but they were crap too
IPF headlight bulbs
trayliner, tow, ming, usual stuff

cooky
04-09-2004, 09:25 AM
one more view. Nice paint work - although I wanted silver, blue was the only one they had in stock at the time.

cuda
04-09-2004, 12:30 PM
all these flashy 4wd's and all i have is this old bucket of nuts and bolts
1943 willys mb, left hand drive, 3 speed crash box, 6 volt system, no radio
ventilation is good though, pic was taken on straddie beach

Big_Kev
04-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Now we are talking turkey Cuda.
I love the air con option fitted to that rig.

mackmauler
04-09-2004, 05:23 PM
What a beauty cuda ;D

Kev, the rover is still going strong ;D you would of been proud of my effort holding up an overtaking lane the other day ;D #??? ...having a duel with another 4wd which may have been a cruiser the rover eventually poked in front! it also held off the charge of dozens of hyundai etc going north, what a great feeling lol, at the next passing lane they must have seen the ausfish sticker :o ;D zeeker said all the other cars are waving at us so i look out and there you go, yep waving for sure ::)! the hill was quiet steep going down so they just edged past.... :-X a few hundred meters up it was like they all assembled to drive the victory lap, swerving all over the place! look at these f******* i say, just as this big fat lizard goes under the wheel :D i reckon it would of torn the underbody out of those cars 8) road was safer after we had been through anyway ;D

the rover! look for lizard under wheel arch ;D

dingodean69
04-09-2004, 09:27 PM
gday all
i,ve gotta agree with gorilla its time to get the good gear out !! :o
2003 lc100 turbo diesel auto
alloys,dtronic,bullbar,tobar
turbo timer,lightforce xgt's
uniden uhf
snorkel is still to come
photo is on smoky cape beach n.s.w.
o wot a feeling ;D ;D
cheers
dean

Gorilla_in_Manila
05-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Dean,
Cant beat the auto diesel on the sand hey!
Do yourself a favour and get a set of cooper ST tyres as well.
Ahh, Smokey Cape ....
Cheers
Jeff

dingodean69
05-09-2004, 04:36 PM
gday jeff
man after my own heart ;)
yea mate brilliant in the sand ;D
thanks for the tip about the tyres
i've gota wear the first set out out its only done 8500kms
yes smoky cape, s.w.r its all good stuff ;)
pic from the lighthouse
dean

Gorilla_in_Manila
05-09-2004, 09:29 PM
thanks for the tip about the tyres
i've gota wear the first set out out its only done 8500kms
dean

Dean,
I case your interested, those tyres in the shot above are 3 yrs old, done about 60,000; 20,000 of that is outback/offroad and never had a flat.
Still got another year+ or 30,000 in them.
We go to fraser every year for a week; let down to 25lb, never been bogged, never had her in low range - never needed it, L (1st gear) hi range goes everywhere.
Cheers
Jeff

dingodean69
06-09-2004, 02:52 PM
gday jeff
thats good kms for tyres on a cruiser :o
i'll have to get me a set of them if i eva wear the others out
8500 ks in 14 months. i must be working to hard [smiley=wut.gif]
what time of the year do ya go up to fraser ??
eva been to morton island ? its all gooooood to !!
how old is your lc100 ?
cheers
dean

Gorilla_in_Manila
07-09-2004, 07:55 AM
Dean,
Head up to fraser once a year, bought a time share up there that gives a week every year. We put in three requests for when we want to go there, but if others have requested the same weeks, then its drawn out of a hat. Usually try for Oct but this year we got July.
Yet to do Morton, but I'm keen.
LC is Sept 2001, got the older 3sp + OD box. Has yours got the 4sp + OD gearbox?
Heard they kick down a bit better.
Cheers
Jeff

dingodean69
07-09-2004, 05:14 PM
jeff
time share up there, sounds like gold to me.
sorry just jelly :'(
yea 4 & od box . if your going down hill and you start braking the trany will kick down no its own and engine brake.
never found that out untill it did it. bit strange at first,but getting use to it .
had a 80 td auto before this one not a bad truck but i dont think i could go back.
i go down the rocks a week every year, get a few feeds of flathead out of the goal, taylor and bream off the beach. got a bream down there went 2.5 kgs cleaned !! fish of a life time
cheers
dean

Jack_Lives_Here
17-09-2004, 01:53 PM
'02 Rodeo 2.8l TD - just a little tacker. Does me fine round the properties when I'm out that way. Pulled the boat (when I had one) fine. Just put a set of Cooper ST's on it - pretty impressed to date. Will intercool it later this year.#

bruce4x4
20-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Heres mine ;D

bruce4x4
20-09-2004, 11:52 AM
:P still trying ;D

bruce4x4
20-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Try this one

Glug
20-09-2004, 03:30 PM
I was a Landy guy but after stripping and repairing a couple of gearboxes in the bush I went Toyota. Now have a Toyota Estima all wheel drive people mover and a Prado 90 serries. Landies will leave them for dead in the rough stuff but I get home to plan.

mr_Z
24-09-2004, 02:33 PM
2000 gu coil cab, 40k on the clock, canopy, lift, 285 mtr's, snorkle, dual batteries, engle..........more to come, it seems never ending!

next is a uhf, lightforce xgts, water tank....................

dfox
24-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Go Nissans, ive got a gu 2000 coil cab as well lifted snorkle all the bars steps radios you name it, ive also upgraded the turbo and intercooled it, goes like the clappers and has torgue to burn done 150 000 hard ks hasnt missed a beat. happy as...

Big_Kev
25-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Pictures are good DFOX

dfox
25-09-2004, 05:41 PM
foxy's nissan

Heath
25-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Have a 2002 Jackaroo SE Petrol. Very impressed with it. Originally bought it as a tow vehicle for the Cruise Craft. Wasn't interested in offroad driving at all. But NOW!!!! I'm hooked. Can't wait to get back to Fraser.
Only one more year on the lease then its Helloooooo Prado ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
27-10-2004, 12:46 PM
well roll me in salt & lick me alllllllll over - i luv it ....

i'm a landy-man

Big_Kev
27-10-2004, 03:27 PM
At least it is bright yellow so we can see it coming and steer clear LOL. 8)

CHRIS_aka_GWH
27-10-2004, 03:39 PM
that's international orange my friend ...

wave as you pass #;D....

CHRIS_aka_GWH
27-10-2004, 03:42 PM
... and I'll stop to pull you out further down ! ;)

Big_Kev
27-10-2004, 04:34 PM
No worries Chris I love nothing more than waving to the Landy owners as I go past. LOL ;D

Cloud_9
28-10-2004, 04:14 PM
i think he's just waiting for the tide to reclaim the relic, ;D
toooooooo ooooold. noisey rough as guts and sloowww.
i got rid of a 84mod soot burning patrol cos i was going deaf from the road noise.
it never missed a beat but im getting soft ,its nice to wave to those nice gentlemen in their old buckets ;D. #then hit the button for the window and watch them dissappear in the rear view mirror. ;D ;D

Cloud 9

CHRIS_aka_GWH
29-10-2004, 09:31 AM
[smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=brood.gif]

while you boys sit in idle banter, nature is slowly, from the inside out, exacting my revenge #[smiley=wiseguy.gif]

shano
29-10-2004, 05:51 PM
just bought a 85mod pajero! bull bar,side steps,tow bar!will be adding water tank undeneath and other wierd and wonderfull gadgets! will post some pics tomorrow as it is too dark tonight and we only got it today!

Big_Kev
30-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Does it have a HI/LO range box Shane?

Big_Kev
30-10-2004, 12:32 PM
[smiley=brood.gif] while you boys sit in idle banter, nature is slowly, from the inside out, exacting my revenge #[smiley=wiseguy.gif]

Coke will want there can's back in the end. LOL

shano
30-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Does it have a HI/LO range box Shane?

yeap it sure does!

shano
08-11-2004, 03:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/shane0o7/pajerooo.jpg

HamzaLH
08-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Nice ride shane ...

Organise a day out to straddy with brendan ... Im dieing for a fish ...

Ta ...

Hamza ...

mrobbo
10-11-2004, 03:58 PM
2001 Nissan Pathfinder. Great med.size 4wd, though could use a bit more power. Have a look at the new Pathie coming at Nissan.com.au. At long last a turbo diesel for the Pathie, though it looks like a bigger vehicle.

Spydaman
13-11-2004, 11:47 AM
And from the Hawaii contingent of Ausfish...
2003 Nissan Frontier 4x4 3.3 liter V-6 Petrol 5spd manual trans. #She's pretty box stock but gets me through several miles of lava fields to my secret spots. #Don't tow anymore but she'll haul my canoe in her bed anywhere I want to go. #And she has AC, CD, and cruise control for long highway runs (a tad thirsty though).

dfox
13-11-2004, 05:00 PM
Gee is there long highways in hawaii? :)
Nice one mate, but it'l need a roo bar in aus [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=cowboy.gif]

Spydaman
14-11-2004, 04:49 AM
Gee is there long highways in hawaii? #:)
Nice one mate, but it'l need a roo bar in aus [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=cowboy.gif]

Yup, here on Maui there's 10 whole miles I can use cruise control. ;) On Oahu there are actually over 100 miles of freeway but also the rush hour traffic that comes with over 1,000,000 people. :(

Where can I pick up a roo-bar, any websites you'd recommend? Thanks!

jethro6641
15-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Recently picked up the new F truck and headed over to Fraser. Very impressed with the pull power and the fuel economy
She is a 7.3ltr Turbo Diesel V8.

Jamie

MY-TopEnder
15-11-2004, 12:55 PM
You're a lucky bugger... i love those bloody big F-Trucks.

Gimme a few days and i'll be posting my pics in here (of the Surf)

Lucky_Phill
15-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Is that some sort of Anti-Missile defense system, you've attached to the Bull Bar ? ;D ;D ;D

Those 7.3's have some Big Kahuna's.

Cheers Phill

Big_Kev
15-11-2004, 02:57 PM
That is one fat rig Jamie.
A bloke i work with has one tricked up and it does 290kw.(Awesome.)
:)

jethro6641
16-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Hey Real Hard,

Can you get me some info from your mate about the power increase?

Cheers,

Jamie

Big_Kev
16-11-2004, 04:11 PM
No sweat Jamie (do you like the smell of burning rubber?). 8)

MY-TopEnder
18-11-2004, 05:42 PM
I have been itching to post this pic for like 3 weeks now... anyway the VS gave up the ghost so alot of time was spent searching and FINALLY found something i like.

Its a 1992 Tojo Surf... 2.4L Turbo Diesel.

Power windows, power mirrors, sunroof, towbar, newish tyres.

Big_Kev
19-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Here's a recent pic of mt Tojo on the beach on a recent trip to Moreton.

davo
20-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Here's my turbo Triton. Eight months old now with a WOW canopy

PG
29-11-2004, 01:32 PM
I usually don't post anything on these topics because it always seems like a 'big dick' competition but I've got an appreciation of some of these vehicles that have been described or pictured on here so I thank those who are posting information for a cause or because they have a small dick but accept that size doesn't always count ;)
My wife and I recently entered the world of 4WDing and although still very much a novice, I'm keenly looking forward to the days of bogs and soft sand to have some stories to tell over a few beers (or look back at and shake my head at what a fool I was for even trying to go there!).
We bought a 1995 model 80 series landcruiser wagon. It's standard diesel with 2 hiclones, snorkel and extractors on 2 1/2 " system. The previous owners did quite a lot of touring so decked it out to suit and added a cargo barrier with storage shelf in the back, CD player, overhead console with CB radio, 3 inchlift, rear detroit diff-locker and rancho shocks, bullbar, towbar and accessory plugs that can be isolated to the reserve battery if needs be. They also upgraded the lights to avoid the addition of spotlights and with the allowmags, we're both extremely hapy with the overall comfort and look of the vehicle.
I've attached a pic for you all to see and make comment if you feel the need.
Being still novices to the world of 4WDing, we're both keen to get out and about seeing some of those places we could never take the XF Falcon (not for lack of trying ;D).
On mileage, we recently tripped to Sydney and over the 4500Km we averaged around 7Km per litre towing a trailer full of camping gear and esky etc.(about 19mpg old scale)

PG
29-11-2004, 01:34 PM
I should add at this point, that's not roadkill behind the cruiser, merely my wife catching some rays while the kids burn off some of their boundless energy

LeSquidd
03-12-2004, 10:59 AM
8) Hi guys, interesting reading these posts and great pics.

However, I am interested in Blaze's mention of his L300 Express having a 2.6 magna motor.
This I should think would be a straight forward swap UNTILL you get to the cooling system, as the magna has the water pump on the ass-end of the motor.
This would require major plumbing modifications, and I would be interested to know how it was achieved.

I have an 85 model with a sigma 2.6 astron and 5 speed. Goes okay, but seems very buzzy like a bloody big vibrator.(I try to limit the girls to short trips)
I have 2, 1987 Magnas sitting in my back yard and would fit one of these motors today if I could.

So Blaze, or anyone with any gen on the "what to do-what not to do" on this swap, I would be most appreciative of all or any advice, tips, pointers etc.

blaze
03-12-2004, 11:26 AM
OK
What I did was fit a 2.6 magna motor (the sigmas have been around a long time and i wanted a low km original engine), these motors run east/west
I pulled all the timing cover off and fitted a early sigma timing cover complete with water pump, there is a few minor mods to do to fit it (that put the pump on the front)
The gearbox was left on orginal mounts
The radiator was moved foward about 2 inches (tried thermo fan without success) so run a non geniune fixed hub fan (nissan i think)
the sump pan was removed and remodelled to suit (the deep resovoir part is on the wrong end)
There is a lot of tinkering to do the job
Also another mod that can be done is putting the Low gear out of a sigma box and the matching shaft with the matching gear into your l300 because it will give you a lower 1st gear
looks a tidy bus
cheers
blaze

blaze
03-12-2004, 11:38 AM
just remembered
Cut about 1" off the cam shaft on the magna engine where the original water pump
pully was and fit a welsh plug in the orignal water outlet, if using the magna head the
thermo stat housing will be still a the back ( I just used a 1 1/2 copper pipe and a flex
hose either end) run the pipe along the top of the inlet manifold and there is 2 bolts in the
rocker cover to clamp it to
U also need the 3 core radiator and not the 2 core
If you can get hold of a pajero head it will save a bit of work as it has the thermstat
housing on the front
cheers
blaze

LeSquidd
03-12-2004, 12:07 PM
:o :o Geeze blaze, that was quick. :D

And am I ever grateful to you for this info, as I have just found that my current sigma motor is sick.
This will put me back on the beach before christmas as I have all the gear here for the change over. I will look up a pajero head, but my budget is a little tight at present.

My bus isn't too bad body wise tho the paint needs doing which I have started on. Has all starwagon trim interior and running pajero wheels with 235/75/15 tyres. Thinking of changing to 10Rs on Cheviot Turbo alloy mags when I fit the power steering.
All in all a very comfy sleeper and good sand runner that I am not frightened of scratching due to its modest value.

Thanks again for the valuable info. Just in time too it appears.

LeSquidd

blaze
03-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Have any drama's, just pm me and i will scatch the old grey matter
cheers
blaze

Big_Kev
03-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah just chop a inch off the end of the cam, and some copper tube for the coolant to make it to the thing at the front.RAFLMAO
You should write a book Blaze.
Title "The Bush Mechanics Retrofit". ;D

blaze
03-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi Reel hard
Add the end of the day it was all worth it for more power
cheers
blaze

LeSquidd
05-12-2004, 10:06 AM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]Thanks again blaze, this info is much appreciated.

Can you elaborate a bit on the waterpump fitup. You say there are a few minor mods required.

Also I assume the sigma exhaust manifold will need to be fitted.
I am adding extractors in this department shortly, but the manifold will have to suffice for now.

The crap people dish out about my choice ( and yours) of 4x4 just makes me laugh.
At the end of the day it will cost next to nothing to fix when things go wrong (and they do, to even the most expensive) and when the brain surgeon and computer tech needs to be called out to fix that new cruiser or patrol, I just 'get down-get dirty-and get goin again'.
And I don't even need to ask my bank for a loan to do it!!! :D :D ;D

Cheers
LeSquidd

blaze
05-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi
Cant remember the exact mods I had to do inside the timing cover, I think something (maybe the timing chain) was rubbing somewhere and was modified with a die grinder. If you dont fit the right timing cover/ sump combo they will also not meet in one corner (RHS looking from rear). I think if you modify the sump that comes off the same engine as the timing cover you will be ok, When i modified my sump, I srcewed it to a bit of chipboard and cut it and tacked it up, then welded and cooled whilst still srewed down, gotta take it slow so it dont buckle.
I had mine in water that deep it was running through the doors, it bloody stopped at this point and I needed scuba gear to get a tow rope on (bloody near anyway)
I think they will go any where that the others can go, they do give the sensation of being top heavy though on steep hills, never rolled her though.
When you do it, if you run a fan as I did you only have about 15mm between fan and radiator, was in deep water once and a stick came up and went through the core (I know u surpose to take ya fan belt off).
Sound like you have all the things laying about to do the job
have fun
cheers
blaze

kleiny
14-12-2004, 12:10 PM
I have 95 nissan patrol 4.2 petrol :)
dessert duallers
sunrasier rims
side steps
heavy duty tow bar
bull bar
uhf

other vehicle
series 2a land rover troopy
202 holden motor
9 seat complianced
sunrasier rims
bullbar
spotties
towbar
for sale (if i can part with it)

Fishinmishin
17-12-2004, 09:02 PM
My baby ;)

MY ALIBI
18-12-2004, 08:46 AM
;D ;D98cruiser wagon
80 series
4.5 ltr auto
all mods and cons ect. ;D ;D

Penno
18-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Just a Disco

MY-TopEnder
19-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Heres a new shot of mine after the bullbar went on today.

For those who missed the first one, specs again are-

1992 Toyota Surf SSR-X
2.4L Turbo Diesel, 4 Speed Auto, Extended diff breathers, Sunroof, Power everything, ARB Deluxe winch bar, Nankang Super Tripper A/T's, Trailboss tow bar.

Big_Kev
19-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Why have you gone for a bull bar M TE?

MY-TopEnder
19-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Frontal protection, and something a little stronger to winch off.

Brett_Hoskin
27-12-2004, 01:11 PM
2002 TD Hilux.

Just sold the Troopy. Looking for another one.http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brett_and_julie/detail?.dir=74f6&.dnm=c566.jpg&.src=ph

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brett_and_julie/detail?.dir=74f6&.dnm=c566.jpg&.src=ph

krtazy
07-01-2005, 08:26 AM
1981 short wheel base patrol soft top cd player 4 inch lift 33 inch bfgs 700 watts of spotties and she is for sale

Mr.Smog
17-01-2005, 06:42 PM
85 HJ 75 Diesel T'back. ;D ;D
Canvas canopy.
Bull bar.
VHF, UHF radios.
CT with boat rack, American coupling.

fsh00
21-01-2005, 10:10 AM
98 patrol with lots of goodies. :)

Dads_Army
22-01-2005, 03:56 AM
99 Trayback DX Turbo Diesel Rodeo and 91 JLX Suzuki Vitara

tonyp
22-01-2005, 03:30 PM
I sit back and read what all you have and they all look great and we each have different needs ;D
Mine is just a basic 2001 3.4 V6 prado and it gets me and my boat to these places ;D

brush
23-01-2005, 03:55 AM
It becomes mandatory to become old but collect Toys on the way.
80 ser l'cruiser 94 mod with the works ,Isuzu MU t/d for the beach up here,[ball biter], stessl 3.3 tinny ,22.6 Windsor van to stay and fish Yep we all gotta have Whats wot, All we have to do now guys is get out and usem Brush

bay_firey
23-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Take delivery this week of a new Navara ST-R 3.0lt turbo diesel, sports bar, bull bar, alloys, tow bar, plus all the standard bits - air con, power steer, central lock, cd player
http://www.mchap.com/pics/navara.jpg

SCOTTYGC
23-01-2005, 09:28 PM
is the navara new mark?

i have the same truck but mine is all silver
where the ute tarp strechy things are you will find that you need to protect the paint as it wears off
i got myself some extra thick clear contact and had it cut into large circles and it works great
scotty

bay_firey
24-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Scotty
Yeah brand spanking '05 plate

Will take your advice on the cover hooks, thanks

Needmorerum
24-01-2005, 05:55 PM
80 ser l'cruiser 94 mod #with the works , # #Brush

Brush, wouldn't mind seeing your 80. Got one myself, also with the works. Got any photo's to put up.

Corry

lock
25-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Triton V6 96 model tray back
unreal in sand and mud . I would match it up against just about anything in work performance but it would the thirstiest thing i have ever seen

bay_firey
25-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Take delivery this week of a new Navara ST-R 3.0lt turbo diesel, sports bar, bull bar, alloys, tow bar, plus all the standard bits - air con, power steer, central lock, cd player

NOT

Suffice to say I am not a happy camper :'( >:( >:(
Bloody employers and only getting half of the required information at a time.
Spent a month getting vehicle and lease details together only to be told "We can't do that at the moment"

peterreb
29-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Sangyong Musso July 2004 4x4 2.9 Lt Turbo Merc. Diesol and running gear.
Aprox 9L to 100kms,towing boat 12Lt to 100 kms,can't fault it yet :D
Cheers Peter

screamin_reels
01-02-2005, 06:01 AM
thought i mite add my rig to the line up..

'91 model white hilux dual cab
challenge canopy
v6 commodore motor
heavy duty 5 spd gearbox
33" BFG muddies
custom bull and tow bar
UHF and AM radio
ummm 6 spotties pointing front, 2 out back and four underneath...
2" body lift and 3" spring lift
genuine toyota electric diff lock in the back diff
and semi sealed hella plus 50 headlight inserts...

oh and a maglight next to the drivers seat...haha

cheers..

p.s. i do have a winch i just havent mounted it on the rig coz i havent needed it yet!

Leigh77
03-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Must be my turn to boast is it?..

HJ60 Landcruiser.

3" suspension lift
2" body lift
front and rear ARB air diff locks
custom bar work
35" Goodyear Wranglers.
the usual supplements inside...cd, uhf, bla bla bla

Take it offroad every chance I get! when I aint in the boat...I am in the bush!

Brett_Hoskin
05-02-2005, 05:40 PM
I used to have a 75 series troopy. recently sold that.
I have..I mean had a 2002 TD Hi lux until the boss called me today and told me to send back.

Now Ive got nothing except a pushbike.

nisrol
07-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Finally a pic of my 4by few changes are alloy bullbar and flurescent ( spelling ) strip on the steps

cheers andy

Black_Jack
07-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I have a 96 model prado, the best 4 by i have ever had, had from near new, havent got a bad thing to say about ut

southernson
23-03-2005, 09:31 AM
I got a 99 ford courier tray back
bullbar
spotlights
uhf
cd/mp3 player
amp
rear spotties
sunrasiers
front mud flares
goin to put side steps on it
Got some power for a little 2.5 l diesel (turbo)
Cheers

hercules
10-04-2005, 05:19 PM
2003 gmc 2500hd 4x4 crewcab longbed
6.6litre turbo diesel , 300hp or 225kw with 702nm of torque.
also has a 5 speed alison auto.
tow capacity = 4500kg. :)

noodles
11-04-2005, 08:29 AM
98 GU Pootrol Wagon

4.2 diesel 5 speed man
warn winch
bull bar, side steps, scrub rails
Clarion Sound System
Roof rack
Cargo barrier
Extractors

Next buy is Pedders Suspension Upgrade
Hella Spotties
Vhf/Uhf Radio
Supercharger would be nice as it was only 60 kw at wheels before extractors were fitted

SURF_SNIPER
14-04-2005, 03:17 PM
landrover defender 110

300 tdi
3 inch lift
34 inch jungle trekkers on heavy duty disco rims
uhf 3200
heavy duty maxi drive axles
maxidrive flanges
maxi drive bullbar
custom built rear shocks 12 inch travel
custom front shocks
slotted bushes in front radius arms
heavy duty rear trailing arms
modified and reajusted fuel pump
high flow airfilter
snorkel
mandrel bent 2.5 inch straight through fro turbo exhaust
garmin GPS system
dual bateries
100l snapper fridge/ freezer
twin 80 watt solar panaels mounted on roof rack
280 amp deep cycle batterie for panels
fluros fitted in back for night fishing
draw sytem built

heaps more stuuf just go to think more...

awesome truck, goes any where, climbs almost anything, can park afront wheel on a 44 gallon drum with all wheels in contact with the ground.

Drew.

Dano
15-04-2005, 03:39 AM
Lamboghini ;D ;D ;D :o
Not really
-Dano

pajero151
18-04-2005, 01:10 PM
2002 nm mitsubishi pajero wagon
5 speed triptronic
all the bells and whistles
third pajero there great

snapattack
21-05-2005, 11:02 AM
60 Series Landcruiser 1985 Model Winch, Lift kit, lockers and the worst paint job you have ever seen. Must rust than a wreck at the bottom of the ocean but I have not spent a cent in 5years other than fuel and oil. Petrol and only 165000ks.

fieldy
21-05-2005, 03:53 PM
62 series 89 model cruiser
ipf spots
alloy bar
2 inch lift
all terrain bf.gs

stunnedmullet
27-05-2005, 06:30 AM
Toyota SR5 Hilux 3.4l
Yep goes REAL good!!!!
The mullet

stunnedmullet
27-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Bugger, does go good though ???

SURF_SNIPER
27-05-2005, 12:48 PM
ok we belive ya mullet ::) ::) ;D

maverick1
28-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Heres my rig,
1995 holden jackaroo 3.2 v6 manual
sarah bar side steps .

cheers
maverick

SCOTTYGC
01-06-2005, 10:03 AM
very nice mav

i didnt know they came in that color

scotty

zulu
02-06-2005, 02:17 AM
Bet you have trouble finding it in the carpark when out shopping ;)

SCOTTYGC
02-06-2005, 04:41 AM
is it snowing there?

bigdan123
05-06-2005, 10:26 AM
heres my 4b comming back to camp from a hunt :)

Brett_Hoskin
06-06-2005, 06:13 PM
TD landcruiser..plenty of guts and comfortable..Ideal for the beach

ratherbfishing
08-06-2005, 11:57 AM
;D ;hey guys ;D

toyota cruiser 4500 petrol,not been off road in it yet though :-[lol plan to sort that soon though i hope!!

cheers

paul ;D

noluck
09-06-2005, 10:29 AM
here is my jeep but boat is sold :'(

noluck
09-06-2005, 10:32 AM
one more time

chemmy
14-06-2005, 07:29 AM
looks good