PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Delica ???

Big_unit
03-07-2005, 03:15 PM
What do you know about Mitsubishi Delicas ? If so what are your thoughts about them ? How do they handle soft sand, corrugated tracks ? How in general do they perform ? Have they got any major defects or issues that should be checked out before buying one ?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
James

Big_Kev
03-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Yoiu should have kept the ute James.

stevo
04-07-2005, 05:04 AM
Hi James, I have a guy at work with one and he hasn't stopped spending money on it. In the last 12 months he has put a new motor, turbo,exhaust, radiator and now the transmission needs work on it. On the good side he has had no problems getting parts quickly. As I was looking at them awhile ago, I just waited to see how his went and now glad I didn't go that way, but I went for the Jap import Prado with no better luck either. ??? :( :( :( :( :( ::)

stevo

Big_unit
04-07-2005, 05:53 AM
Yoiu should have kept the ute James.

Its not for me. By the way I got $6500 for the Ute to a guy who is a guest here, he read the posts and said to me he saw that other people had written about how good it looked and thats what got his attention.

Cheers
James

jimbamb
05-07-2005, 12:16 PM
only advise i can offer is to chechout insurance costs. Know a bloke who bought one and had difficulty gettin anyone to insure it.(cause they are fully imported.and,may not meet aust design standards)
hope this may help u decide

Big_unit
07-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Thanks guys I showed my Sister this thread and she spoke to a guy who has had 2 of them and she seems to have gone right off buying one. Taking her for a trip around today to look at some 80 series petrol on gas with all the fruit. I cant believe my lil sis is gunna have a vehicle I will JUST HAVE to teach her to drive. Her last 2 or 3 cars have been tiny little sporty things that fly but do little else. Thanks fellas.

Cheers
James

adam_ngakiri
20-12-2005, 05:28 AM
there is a site dedicated to these 4x4 - http://www.delicaclub.com
everything you need to know is discussed here.