PDA

View Full Version : who has been to ormea traks

reefraider_II
25-06-2004, 06:33 AM
I go there quite often as i recon its as good as landcruiser park... oh yeah i know big statement.I just want to know is it legal or what i know heaps of clubs go there but who owns the land.For those that havnt been there try it you can go as extreme as you want if you want entry details let me know.

bruce4x4
25-06-2004, 11:39 AM
G'day Reefraider_II,I have been to landcruiser park very good but 'ormea tracks' where abouts is that.? And big statement to be as good as landcruiser park ;D

Big_Kev
25-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Yep I have been there.
And every time I go I break the truck.
Its good cause its close to home, I have not been to Landcruiser park but I can say it is worth a trip and it costs not a thing, and can be as extreme as you want.
I think that it is crown land set out for the purposes of mining hard rock for civil construction.

bruce4x4
26-06-2004, 05:44 AM
Can you camp there [smiley=huh2.gif] ;D

Big_Kev
26-06-2004, 12:44 PM
NAH no camping.

bruce4x4
26-06-2004, 12:58 PM
G'day Kev, Where abouts is this place might be worth a day trip if close to toowoomba, thanks bruce. :)

landy1
26-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Ormeau tracks from memory is just a couple of bush bashing tracks on a mining lease. Its great fun i went there a few years ago now and broke someone elses suzi. ;D Its on the road from beenleigh to beaudesert, a left turn up a short road cant remember its name then your playing in the rocks.

bruce4x4
27-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Thanks landy1 8)

Big_Kev
29-06-2004, 02:24 PM
The ormeau tracks are at the end of Vennor drive or Opperman drive that run off of Peachy road ormeau.
Can't be to sure but I know you drive up a very steep hill and there is a water tower on the top. The striped end of road sign has to be driven around and then onto the tracks that go from there. It is up to yourself where you head from there and I wpould say if you have a bad sense of direction you should take your GPS. Some tracks are extreme and some are mild.

Cheers Kev.

GiddyUp
29-06-2004, 04:29 PM
If you follow the tracks all the way to the top you get a great view all over the pin. Seems people do camp at the top going by the camp fires and empty grog cans every where. You have to watch out for the motobike riders as theres always alot up there.

Cheers
GiddyUp

MTpockets
10-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Sounds like the place to go for a bit of fun. Close to home too.

boatboy50
13-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Hey Guys,
These tracks sound good, and are very close to home.
How hard are the tracks. I guess they are not signed at all. Im only a novice whos been to fraser but am willing to give them a go if their not too hard. Dont wanna write off the truck.
Regards
Darren

GiddyUp
18-07-2004, 05:49 PM
If you stick to the main tracks there a piece of cake..its only if you venture to some of the hill climbs you may come unstuck...They are good tracks well worth the trip

finding_time
17-11-2004, 12:12 PM
I was reading these old threads last night when i read this one,sounded great! So i had to have a look today and i'm really impressed can't wait to go back when i have the full recovery kit on board! Maybe the first 20-30 knot forcast that comes along. ::)

reefraider_II
17-11-2004, 04:10 PM
ok sorry guys i havnt followed the thread much but am online daily now for those that want info please let me know there are a few entries and there is a little more than just a few tracks you got everything there plus more.I know some comp guys that go there and they recon some stuff is as hard as it gets.I know they are right.I recommend not going there when its been very wet unless your familiar and dont go on your own.

reefraider_II
17-11-2004, 04:11 PM
i will post some ormeau pics here and yes this is just the easy stuff but it is an indication of the area

reefraider_II
17-11-2004, 04:22 PM
oky doky

reefraider_II
17-11-2004, 04:24 PM
and...

reefraider_II
17-11-2004, 04:25 PM
last one

reefraider_II
17-11-2004, 04:31 PM
oops and last one

finding_time
18-11-2004, 08:31 AM
i didn't see any of those area's but did find a rock face that was once the road . got up but it was a little hairy in places.
Ps. glad i took the GPS or i would have got a bit lost

reefraider_II
18-11-2004, 03:09 PM
well if anyone wants to hook up one weekend and check it out let me know

Big_Kev
18-11-2004, 05:29 PM
well if anyone wants to hook up one weekend and check it out let me know

Its been a while since I have been there and I am interested but I have to fix the diff first. Then I can come out to play.

finding_time
02-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Here you go jibby i didn't know to post a link so this will bring it forward

magicpudding
02-11-2005, 07:14 PM
I was OS when this thread was created, may have to check it out! Looks as good as the stuff we drive to northern NSW for.

CJ

finding_time
03-11-2005, 09:56 AM
I was OS when this thread was created, may have to check it out! Looks as good as the stuff we drive to northern NSW for.

CJ

Mate there are tracks that will test out ANY 4x4 and driver i know alot of the comp boys go there for practice,
heaps of fun

Ian

Elysium
04-11-2005, 03:28 PM
ormeau aint that bad...but it does get boring after a while....there is 2 tracks in there that is worth the trip though. Those being the bumcrack and 100 series hill! They aint signed but thats what us locals call em.

There is some better action to be had at logan village pine forrest if ya ask me though...but no one did...so I didnt say a word :D

finding_time
04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Those being the bumcrack and 100 series hill! They aint signed but thats what us locals call em.

What do they look like. and are they anywhere near the rock face

Ian

Ps. I'm guessing 100 series hill is where most toyota's leave there front diff ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Elysium
06-11-2005, 08:14 AM
the bumcrack is (in normal conditions) a dry set of waterfalls which flow over rock steps and rutted out sections. the first section is quite easy, and there is a chicken track out...but the further you go up...the harder it gets...and there is no chicken tracks up the top...it ALL or NOTHING!

100 series hill on the other hand is a rather long incline, with rutts, rocks, trees and just about everything else you could imagine. It shows no disrcimination between makes of cars...it detsroys them all! (if ya unlucky that is)

tibbs
13-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Ormeau is owned by the mining lease and they have been trying to block access for years now, Last i heard they had started putting up the fences to block it off.

Just keep in mind that if you have a stock truck with no clearance you will come out with damage to your sills etc and try and hook up with someone to go out with.

Although there is always people around.

I very much doubt your insurance will cover you as it is tresspassing.

There was an accident a couple of years a go with a truck getting snatched out of the mud pit and the snatch broke and D shackle smashed into both the guys legs, he had to get air lifted out.

Elysium
14-11-2005, 12:23 PM
part of ormeau is owned by the mining lease...and the rest is privately owned.

As for insurance, if you are on one of the designated fire trails you should be covered as its a designated road! BUT CHECK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY ON THAT ONE!

The trespassing rule does not apply as there is no signs saying that you cant go in there!

Whatever
14-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah I am pretty sure some of the tracks are fire trails too, its shown on the map. You will be covered on that part of the road.

If you hurt yourself or damage your car just make sure you get back to the fire trail before making any claims ;)

I have not been there for almost a year now. You can get yourself seriously hurt if you don't know what you doing. Some of the harder tracks are very narrow, once in there is no return, unless you are very good at reversing.

tibbs
14-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Great spot for some free 4wding :D and so close to brissy and the Gold Coast ;D

Whatever
14-11-2005, 05:35 PM
I guess you pay for it in panel damage ;D

tibbs
14-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Well yeah there's that too :D

Awsome place after some good rain too :)

Elysium
16-11-2005, 05:29 PM
not so much panel damage...but it is the hardest place on tyres I have ever seen!

Dunks
23-11-2005, 08:38 AM
If you want some good reading and photos go to outerlimits4x4.com and click on Trips and Tracks and then do a search for Ormeau and you will see some of the tracks and carnage that they can do. I have been there many times and it is a great place to go offroad and is close for us Brissy southsiders. It's a pity that my 4by isn't up to it anymore, old age has got the better of it.

brush
30-11-2005, 06:16 PM
We went there as a visitor with the JEEP CLUB some 3 years ago . Some really big step ups and BIG wash outs, but the 80 series took it in its stride. Track is very hard on the tyres due to the rock, but a good track equal to many Private areas ,just follow your nose up past the Water tower, a track real close to the GC and south Brissy. Watch out for the dirt bikes.
Go 4 it
Brush.

Elysium
02-12-2005, 05:56 PM
If you do go up there just remember that the place changes very quickly...you could go there every weekend and there will be changes alot of the time. Some tracks change overnight with the sort of rain we have been getting

Elysium
02-12-2005, 05:57 PM
If you do go up there just remember that the place changes very quickly...you could go there every weekend and there will be changes alot of the time. Some tracks change overnight with the sort of rain we have been getting

reefraider_II
02-12-2005, 08:56 PM
we are going tomorrow so i will post up some pics
5 cars

jibby
17-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Good to see the interest in Ormeau is strong still haven't been there myself but will get there soon. Hey Elysium I would like to hear a bit more about logan village pine forest as that is very close to my brother inlaws, do you need a permit for there and what are the tracks like.

Elysium
18-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Logan village pine forrest has some awesome tracks in there...and I do mean awesome. most are on par with ormeau and some are even better!

You enter the pine forrest at your own risk as there are signs posted that you arent allowed in there...but some of the main tracks are still designated fire trails (therefor you can legally drive on them)...so if push came to shove I dont know how the authorities would react.

The only thing I have against the pine forrest is you can do a lot driving and dont seem to get anywhere if you dont know the place. Most of the better tracks arent easily locatable (unless you been there before). One wrong turn...and trust me...there are lots of them in there...and you could end up no where near where you want to be!

There are lots of places to get in...we normally go in at the bus shelter just out of logan village (near the memorial thingys). Or there a few entrances around the cedar ck hall area.

Hope this helps...if you want any more info...just PM me

mud67
03-01-2006, 11:45 PM
bumcrack!! :-? should be called cv hill. tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago & blew both front cvs & a freewheel hub.I know of 12 cvs its claimed last year. Cant wait to try it again.Some of the guys are going on sunday for some practice.
brad

Elysium
05-01-2006, 10:49 AM
the main reason its called the bumcrack is this....if you slip, you are in the sh!t ;D