PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine reef 24/10

Any_Weather
26-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Hi, just a short note about a mornings fish at Sunshine reef Noosa on Monday. Knocked off work in Brisbane at 7.00am, headed straight to Noosa, launched boat about 8.30am and headed for ground due East of first point. No luck so headed wide on Sunshine with a reasonable NE wind blowing. Fishing very slow with only a small Red cod after about 1 hour. Sea conditions were deteriorating pretty rapidly but then my heavier rod went and the result a reasonable trout, estimate around 4kg. All was quiet again with only 4 fish caught in total. Very slow as we did not catch 1 under size fish, only about 3 grinners and nothing else. Very unusual for Noosa not to be able to catch a few livies or even little sweetlip or parrot. On the trip home sea conditions were pretty sloppy but the bar was FLAT.

Any_Weather
26-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Total catch

Any_Weather
26-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Start of day

Any_Weather
26-10-2005, 07:17 AM
End of day (photo is a bit decieving) was pretty lumpy

JB
26-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Some good photos there mate, gotta be happy with that trout thou :) . What bait did u get the trout on?

Jas

Mick81
26-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Nice Trout! We never seem to get much on Northly's, odd fish here or there. we mostly fish outside up at DI and it's the same on Northly's, we usauly or most of the time don't go out on a Northly anymore for that reason NO FISH >:( Anyways spose it was better than being at work though ;)

DaneCross
26-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Yeh, that's a ripper trout - the colour matches your shirt :D Conditions look fairly 'testing' :-/ Good work [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

philip_thomson
26-10-2005, 10:37 AM
nice trout mate. seems to be a few trout getting lost down this way these days

enjoy eating it

Any_Weather
26-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Caught it on a fillet of fresh grinner. Fished out of Noosa for 15 years and never caught one until about 3 months ago and this is only my second ever. Dont they hit and fight hard.

Lacey
26-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi Bluedog here
I saw you out there on Mon morning I was in the Allison a little bit further out getting some photos of those whales for my wife who was on board for the second time ever. Normally wouldn' go out in that forcast but we where keen to see some whales. Also managed one nice parrot whn I was allowed to stop and fish by that time the boat was a rocking. Got we the whole way in.

Anyway beats mowing

Lacey
26-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi Bluedog here
I saw you out there on Mon morning I was in the Allison a little bit further out #getting some photos of those whales for my wife who was on board for the second time ever. #Normally wouldn' go out in that forcast but we where keen to see some whales. #Also managed one nice parrot when I was allowed to stop and fish but by that time the boat was a rocking. #
Got wet the whole way in.

Anyway beats mowing

grunta_75
26-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Maaaate!! - Thought it was you, couldn't have been too many that pulled a good trout off Sunshine on Monday! Hope to have something worthwhile photographing if we end up getting out to the banks on Sat!.

Cheers, GS.

gotwet
26-10-2005, 11:59 AM
good trout
got my first one last month off noosa

the bait were in close on monday off castaways and marcus beach
watched the birds on them for a couple of hours from the beach.

i always recon when the baits gone from sunshine it over at halls.
if this wind drops ill be out next week again
cheers mal

Any_Weather
26-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Grant, mate how are going? Good to hear from you here. Hope the weather holds for Saturday, by the looks there is going to be penty of Ausfishers heading to the Banks.
Bluedog, yes we saw a boat out there with the whales which was obviously yourself. Fishing was pretty slow wasn't it. How good is the bar at the moment, bloody flat and plenty of water isn't there. Do you live up that way, and have you fished the area of "The Hards" or "The Muds" at all. Am looking at heading out that way again Tuesday week. That will be about the 8th of November. Looking at doing a local fish on the Monday and a big trip on the Tuesday (weather permitting). Mate if you can get a crew you are more than welcome to join us if you are interested. There may also be another boat. Will post something in the Going fishing area closer to the time.

Lacey
26-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Ive sent you a PM Keen as for the Hards.

Thunderbird
26-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Ah well A nice trout like that makes the trip worth it.
The mouri cod looks a good size as well.
Two of my favourite table fish :P
At least you were on the water. ;)