PDA

View Full Version : OFFSHORE HUNTING 1

dfox
23-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Well after watching the rugby league test on friday night i hooked up the rig and headed for mooloolaba ramp. There was quite a crew on board this trip there being 5 of us, doug,pete, romano and with the old boy as well there was plenty of joking and chatter so the trip was going to be enjoyable no matter what. We hit the first areas around the northern banks well before daylight and the odd fish started coming over the sides. With such brilliant conditions i was keen to hit as many spots as possiable so it was a case of catch a few and move on.
The early catches consisted mainly of pearlies with the odd snapper. As the morning approached and the glow of a sunrise appeared some quality snapper came on the chew and the boys had a ball battling the bigger ones.
From there i continued working north with the hope of some reds. i crossed a showing of solid fish and dropped lines on them, no one hit the bottom and all five of us hooked up it turned out to be large pearlies and quality nobbies. I ran back up on the fish and dropped the lines again this time the baits made it down with another multipal hookup. Everyone was on! the results were 3 reds one bust off to ramano and pete,s rod couldnt hack it and exploded like a gun shot and he also blew a top fish.
With a bit of rerigging and pete using the back up gear the following drift was a mix of reds,nobbies, pearlies,kingy's,cod etc. Usually i'd anchor on such a showing but ive got a pinnicle marked close nearby and after about 5-6 drifts i checked it out, and what a showing it had!
The fishing never slowed, we lost a few to sharks, lands a bit more variety including plenty of parrot and moses perch.
By late afternoon we'd nearly run out of bait, and being such a full on day the boys and myself were pretty buggered so we headed for home, i wish everyday had fishing like that...catch ya ...foxy.

i took a few pics this time..
dad with a parrot..

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

dfox
23-10-2005, 12:44 PM
me and a pearly

dfox
23-10-2005, 12:46 PM
My pair of reds

dfox
23-10-2005, 12:47 PM
pete and some tastey moses

dfox
23-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Notice doug in the background of the previous pic, this is what he had.
Was a nice pearly.....

jackash
23-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Thats a great report and well done on the fish.
Cheers

dfox
23-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Made up for it with the next fish

dfox
23-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Romano with a midday snapper

-spiro-
23-10-2005, 12:56 PM
That is awesome Dave. Sorry i missed you out there i was about 2-3 klm west of where we spoke. I could of swaped bait for fish....lol...only to help you out of course. ;D

dfox
23-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Last, my share of the catch( in an 800ltr esky)

dfox
23-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Chris, it was a shame i missed you, alot of boats down that way and i wasnt sure which one was you, the big platey blended in! have to catch up another time! ...foxy

620sf
23-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Top day Dave, good size pearlies and nice reds. The weather was perfect out there. Top catch.

Luke

mono
23-10-2005, 07:54 PM
G'Day Foxy, great pearlie mate, imagine if his gut was full :o. Well done.
Cheers

Fishinmishin
23-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Now that is what I call a TASTY eskie [smiley=chef.gif]. Very nice indeed.
Cheers, Jay

SeaSaw
23-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Geez Dave thats a great catch [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] .... I can't wait for Offshore Hunting 2. ;D ;D ;D

Mark

redspeckle
23-10-2005, 09:33 PM
dfox & You Crew
Great catch their espeically those pearl perch's and snapper's +all those's other fish species [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
I came close today landing my first legal pearl perch o 'well next time [smiley=cry.gif]
Mitch

reeldreamer
24-10-2005, 09:30 AM
G'day Dave,
Great catch mate, i saw you at the bp servo i was the with the 6m signiture! Mate your boat would of loved the conditions on the way out! We ended up bagging out on snapper/squire with a few other mixed reefies. I should of come over and said hi! Great trip good report well done!

Mitch

p.s Loved the Reds! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

craigie
24-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Foxy,

Magnificent stuff mate :o :o, What a magic time on the water !!

So which fish do you eat first, Reddie, Pearlie, Snapper............

Regards

Craigie.

adamleah
24-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Dave Dave Dave .... How did you survive with those guys on board :D :D...

Woulda been jokes all day long ,,,, and with that bad weather and terrible fishing ,I bet you were wishing you were fishing the bay with me .. bagging out on grinners and undersized squire.. ::) ::).... and having the bearings collapse on me as I drive in the driveway :o :o

Guessing the current has dropped since last time we were out there and good too see a few reds in the box .... Whens the next trip ? I want one!!!

Adam

spaniard
25-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, what can I say Dave, I go to moreton for a week with the footy boys and the weather and the current drop out, all at the same time that the fish are biting. >:( :(

But thats alright, I'm glad you blokes hauled them in and had a top day [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif], well done on a good catch.
After I spoke to you on the phone from the island the lads want to know why I was swearing [smiley=furious.gif] so much and starting drinking heavily [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif], so I may have to show them some of the pics. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

vertico
25-10-2005, 05:34 PM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

well done dave, show us how it is done :)
good work and some great fish there

devocean
25-10-2005, 05:43 PM
What are you doing you belong in North Queensland not in southern waters that is awesome

DALEPRICE
25-10-2005, 07:30 PM
top stuff dave, that pearly is a stonka ;D
just a couple of fillets in that esky ::)
cheers dale

outsiderskip
25-10-2005, 07:53 PM
great catch dave
love those reds

cheers pete

sempre
25-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Nice reds dfox good to see they are down south on the banks.

dfox
27-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Mitch- you should have said g-day. I didnt see any ausfish sticker on your rig si i didnt know it was you.
Adam- what were you doing out catching grinner, you were sposed to be baby sitting!
Paul- you rang at a bad time, lol ;D ;D
Dale- ive got a bit of catching up to do on your red mate
sorry for the late replies ive been working over at moreton this week...foxy