PDA

View Full Version : BigE & Rockets small boat adventures(snappa pic)

BigE
25-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Two ausfishers disbelieved the BOM and headed out on sunday night in E's 4m tinny. #It was a late start with the crew not hitting the playground until about 9PM. Team Rocket was first down and his preparedness for the play ground bullies was found to be wanting in a big way bustoff. team E was next down & managed to subdue one of the brutes SNAPPA yeah #;D Team rocket hit back next with a nice BIG yellow, the challange was definately on except for a brief 30min power nap for E (had to dream up new ways to combat Rocket secert bait which was firing) in the and a good trip was had by all and we left em biting.
Vital Stats:
bigE & Rocket 21
Big Fish # #07 (dam thats hard to admit)
trip cost <$50
fuel 7lt #(you read right)
fun factor 100plus
Brag fact # #We got the first pics on BCF brag wall browns plain (and a deal on a bigger esky thanks Mark)

although Rockets version may differ mine is the true and correct recollection of events I'll let the pics tell the rest. (feel free to make stuff up)

BigE
25-10-2005, 03:12 PM
more pics

BigE
25-10-2005, 03:13 PM
more pics

BigE
25-10-2005, 03:14 PM
more ;D pics

BigE
25-10-2005, 03:15 PM
more

snapattack
25-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Nice work guys. Where abouts were you fishing? Not far from shore by the looks of it.

Louis
25-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Well done.

Some nice fish there.

Louis

Fishin_Dan
25-10-2005, 04:12 PM
That's some very nice fish there bigE! Good to see there are some very good fish coming from in close!

philip_thomson
25-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Good Stuff thats a nice evenings work

first on the BCF brag board now thats something to brag about

Cheers Phil

big_steve001
25-10-2005, 04:25 PM
thats a nice catch of fish there mate. yeh and it looks like you only had to travel a couple of kilometres out there as well. cheers steve

MidgieFood
25-10-2005, 07:42 PM
great bag mate.
Real nice sweety.
forgive my ignorance but is that the bribie bar in the background? :-/

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
25-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Bloody beautiful catch there Ian ;)

Good onya :)

Cheers mate

Dave and Sue

outsiderskip
25-10-2005, 08:02 PM
well done good to see a few
sweeplip showing up nice lot of fish

cheers pete

BigE
25-10-2005, 09:05 PM
thanks for the replies guys i had a ball what a trip. ;D ;D

BigE
25-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks dave how are you & sue ... was agood day about 3-4k out slick night not a ripple.

BigE
25-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks Phil nice to have runs on the board.

Midgefood no its not bribey bar ..... cross the bar in a 4M tinny? eeer i dont think so.

rocket
26-10-2005, 10:47 AM
MidgieFood - Big E could have posted a photo with the Mooloolaba lighthouse in the background, but I think he was being cagey. (Oops!!)

Gotta love fishing:

(1) Wrong moon - for inshore fishing,
(2) Wrong time - Got there around 9pm,
(3) Wrong weather - Oil slick glassy conditions Sunday night,
(4) Wrong current - Absolutely zip, Sweeties and snapper usually like a light current,
(5) Wrong bait - didn't have any livies, only frozen cr@p,
(6) Wrong size boat - 4 metre flat bottom type tinnie (No insult to the rig Ian)!?
(7) Wrong size esky - Must have faith in the possibility of catching big.
(N.B: Good to see you got a deal on a bigger esky - Thanks Mark)
(8) Wrong tackle - I've always vowed that I'd never fish with under 50lb line when fishing the close reefs at night. We were both still rigged for fishing well offshore where 30lb braid and forty mono is acceptable for pulling the same old snapper and pearlies from the deep.

I'm sure there's more that we did wrong (Oh yeah I think Ian who ties an 'almighty allbright' to join his braid to the mono" might need to check the knot to his hook. I remember seeing a nice little "pig tail", (after a long struggle) where there should have been a hook!?!?!?

As we got bricked continually in an area that did not hold many snags we were beyond swearing, just resigned to deep sighs and looks of absolute disgust. To only be able to land half of what we hooked would have been great. Those big lippers and the inshore snapper/jew etc need to be respected and not all can be handled on locked up drags. I am now changing my tactics drastically and joining the heavy handline brigade. The upside is the maintenance aspect but I'll appreciate any tips out there for how to avoid cut hands and still keep sensitivity?
(Possibly filleting gloves [the silicone grip type] with the fingers cut out???)

Thanks Ian, sure beats sleeping!!!

Rocket 8-)

redspeckle
28-10-2005, 04:30 PM
BigE & Rockets,
Well done [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] I know what be having for [smiley=chef.gif] Dinner for next few week's
which one of you's [smiley=huh2.gif]work for QR that's last thing I be wearing that horrablie bright orange shirt out fishing I wear my for 10hrs a day when get home can wait to get rid of it
Mitch

BigE
28-10-2005, 05:46 PM
mitch i use it as my personal Vee sheet ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards E