PDA

View Full Version : Tweed King 6 Nov 05

Holy_Mackerel
06-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Hi Guys,
Well I finally found a little window to get offshore. #With my mate Jason, we went out to check out if there are many big pelagics turning up yet off Tweed. #Can't say we found wahoo, but an old friend paid a visit. #There's just something special about a big king. #This old boy inhaled a big minnow lure I brought back from the states. #We managed to drag him from the dangers around fidos and got him on board for a quick photo. #After doing his best to demolish the boat (he was still quite green) we addes some jewelry (a nice yellow tag) and then made sure he was well and truly revived. #It gave us the greatest pleasure to watch him swim off strongly, ready to meet again another day. #I guess he would have weighed about 14 kg although we didn't take the time to weigh him. #he had a big head and a very lean body. #could have easily gone 18kg with better condition. #
Long live the king!
Wes

Holy_Mackerel
06-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Applying the jewelry

Holy_Mackerel
06-11-2005, 09:33 PM
The most enjoyable part

banshee
06-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Top stuff Wes couldn't agree more.

Good_as_Gold
07-11-2005, 06:52 AM
Good to see a kingy released

scroman
07-11-2005, 07:32 AM
Good on ya Wes - I got one similar looking - around 13kg but pulled him on a handline. Problem was he was just a nackered as I was and we couldn't revive him.
Fidos produces a few that size in early summer - we got our best ones at the end of summer for some reason.
Great catch anyway - even better to see those perfect colours swim away ;)
Well Done

JB
07-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Great fish Wes, Love the release photo [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] . Hopefully those wahoo will turn up in the near future ;)

no_wind
07-11-2005, 06:39 PM
nice kingie wes, just wondering how you got the slimy bugger in the boat?
strong trace I'm guessing.
muz.

masterdusky
07-11-2005, 06:59 PM
well done mate...should be more of this sort of thing IMO and in this day and age.....top fight and then the release of a true champion fish...congrats to u mate...how where the conditions out there..??also did u score anything else ..??

mattooty
07-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Loved the release pic. Great effort. Hope he gives someone else a thrill like he gave you, and hopefully next time he meets a human he's in better condition.
(Chances are. flickflack will meet up with him in the near future. ;D ;D)
Matt

Scott15
07-11-2005, 07:13 PM
nice fish, pretty skinny fish by the looks of it

Holy_Mackerel
08-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the comments boys.
Muz, I was trying to get my mate to tail him, but he wouldn't... I must admit it did come to the boat very green. So he mouth gaffed it. Nearly destroyed the boat once inside. haha
Masterdusky, the conditions on Sunday arvo weren't the best at all. Downright messy actually. We got a couple of mack tuna out at 9mile but nothing else. We had a couple of kings follow a lure to the boat also.
Wes

Heath
09-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Pretty slim wasn't it! Imagine the fish once it packs it on over summer :o

flickflack
09-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Top Catch Wes great pics of the release mate Congrats