PDA

View Full Version : Marlin, Spanish and Cobe

Fishinmishin
15-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Met up with 'Billo' this morning for a half day run in the bay. Was hoping to head out NE Cape but was greeted with a stiff bay chop and thinking it was only gonna increase through the day we decided to do a quick and close mission. Explored a spot I've been meaning to look at but not much showing so off to the next option. Upon arriving it had a good show on the sounder so prepared for a drift. 1st drift and WHAM.......IT WAS A MARLIN :o...............................OK mabey not ::), IT WAS A SPANISH MACKERAL :o..............................I wish but not, .......it was of course a cobe ::) ;D ;D. We proceded to drift over the spot and every one resulted in a hookup or double hookup. Only rats this time but Billo pulled a respectable one outta the bunch. The deckies ALWAYS gotta out do me :P :-[. We would drop a bait or plastic onto there nose and watch them follow it down and hookup each time. Kinda takes the effort away from catching them so we pulled the pin at 8 in the eskie even though the cobes wern't finished with us yet. Driving home we noticed a couple ripples in the highway and hoping it was a LT, Billo chucked a bait outta the boat only to hook another cobe :-?. They are bloody everywhere ;D ;).
Cheers, Jay

Fishinmishin
15-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Rat

Fishinmishin
15-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Catch

Fishinmishin
15-11-2005, 03:15 PM
highway cobe ::)

bugman
15-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Jay,

Had me going - I was ready to get pissed off after ploughing the water to foam the last three trips - but luckily- I can let my frustration die down a touch now ;D.

I know they're out there somewhere and I'm gunna find them >:(

Bugman

Billo
15-11-2005, 03:32 PM
LOL at Jay the “CRAB CRUNCHER “ CRACKER #;D...although a mack could have gone done nice as you were hoping , a billy wouldn't have gone astray wither

Cheers for the top morning Jay #;)…you really showed you know your stuff on em #[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]….even if your getting bored of cobe, cobe and more cobe…couldn’t keep em away from the hooks if we tried.

Didn’t tell you I was impressed in the way your managed your deck too ! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Well organised...very smooth #8-)

Not bad for an hours fishing …

And to think how many we left behind …they were chewin on the transom as we left saying ' take me , take me ' #;D

youngfisho
15-11-2005, 04:48 PM
well jay anytime you need a deckie mid week or weekend, id be keen to come along. would love to hook into a school of cobes. instead of the usual sting rays

andrew

Fishinmishin
15-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Keep an eye on 'going fishing' section ;).

finding_time
15-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Dont know where you were fishing jay but i swear ive never seen that eerie black looking island that is behind you in the 1st pic and i've seen alot of islands :P
Ian

cyclops
15-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Nice Cobia guy's ;) ;)

DALEPRICE
15-11-2005, 05:59 PM
no cobe is safe with you around jay.
[smiley=rifle.gif]
did you leave from the same place i saw you last week?
top stuff
dale

vertico
15-11-2005, 08:12 PM
bloody great cobes boys

Always_offshore
15-11-2005, 09:03 PM
great cobes,good rffort considering the weather!!!any-time you need a deckie during the week give me a yell.

Fishinmishin
16-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Will do Andrew. A trip next week on mon or tue looks to be on the cards (both hopefully) ;). If your keen on one PM me please. Yep Dale, same spot...were you out tuesday? Always_Offshore, the weather was only ordinary when we started the trip. Once we decided to try another spot and started pulling the cobes it all turned very good. I was tempted to head to NE Moreton still but with the plug lost for the eskie there was little ice an no chance of making a slurry for the cobes so we called it a short day.
Cheers, Jay

Billo
16-11-2005, 10:02 AM
turned out to be a wise decision anyhow !

goona
16-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Good cobes mate,

Not fishing in front of Bribe are you

Fishin_Dan
16-11-2005, 10:47 AM
See what happens when I have to work at Riviera... I can't go fishing with you, and you catch that!!!

Good work Jay!

noluck
16-11-2005, 09:38 PM
well done jay thay are every where ;D ;D ;D

highway cobe are cracer

cheers no_luck

adriancorrea
17-11-2005, 05:52 PM
well done Jay and crew
I should have chucked a sickie and taken you up on the offer,
like I said for a weekend trip Im there.
Didnt upset any teenagers at the ramp did ya lol ;)
Sorry couldnt resist.

Tight Lines
Adrian

lukesnapper
17-11-2005, 06:05 PM
that highway cobe is a beauty! good work fishinmishin! if ure ever stuck 4 a deckie ive got the rest of the year off and am always keen 4 cobes :)

spaniard
17-11-2005, 07:58 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]Nice work Jay.

Was very keen on hearing about the spanish though :( ;D

Gbanger
18-11-2005, 03:39 PM
ahahaha more photoshop.. love it