PDA

View Full Version : Short Day, Big Fish

kingcobe
20-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Today we left home at 8:00am and went fishing at the beacons closest to mortean island. My dad[kingtin] hooked up on a huge 3 and a half metre shovely. HE also got a big manta ray and a small mack. WE got home at 4:00pm

kingcobe

kingcobe
20-11-2005, 07:07 PM
here is the mack

gawby
20-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Good to see you out there havin a go. Doing better then me.
What was the weather conditions like today
Graeme

cuzzamundi
20-11-2005, 09:39 PM
great stuff mate. bet your dad wqas in his element with a shovelly that big!

cuzza

bidkev
21-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Good to see you out there havin a go. Doing better then me.
What was the weather conditions like today
Graeme

Had a late start Graeme due to the deckie working till 12 the night before. I knew it would blow up if we went late but was itching to go anyway. Glassed out when we left at 8 but was howling by about 1. Impossible to fish at anchor due to wind aginst tide and the wind winning. The floaters ended up round the anchor warp ;D

kev

bidkev
21-11-2005, 09:51 AM
great stuff mate. bet your dad wqas in his element with a shovelly that big!

cuzza

For once cuzza, I wasn't too happy about it. Two other rods (floated pillies) went off at the same time (bang on slack water) and I thought we were going to be well into the mackerel. By the time I had finished with the shovelly (20 mins) and then almost immediately after, the manta (another good half hour), the tide was running fierce again and we'd missed the opportunity. The kids stood by with the gaff in case some cobes followed the manta up, but no luck. Neither of them could possibly be boated and had to be let loose boatside. The manta was my biggest ever and went almost as big as my garage door......filter feeders my arse! ;D

Chucked some slugs at macs for about 2 hours but they weren't interested :'(

kev