PDA

View Full Version : WHOS AT POINT LOOK OUT !

rakinray
26-11-2005, 09:10 PM
G/ day all just a run down on our trip out today, with all the traffic headin to the Cape we decided to head out to the sevens off Point Look-out. With all the WHOOS WHO at Hutchies we were hoping for a few that had lost their way ! Myself my brother Terry and my normal deckie Dan (soon to be son in law) headed out at 5.30am from raby in his 6.3 sea legend whitley the run was very nice and gettin better by the hour arrived around 6.30 and sent em out ! With only two other boats in sight we got our first hook up on the blue pilly within 15 minutes and i boated my first whoo around the 7 kilo model so hopes were high that we were going to stretch the arms a fair bit, but as it normally happens they went quite soon after. We decided to try some new ground out on the 80 mtr line east of the passage with out much success then headed to the wrb to see if the dollies were playing the game, they to were very slow so we headed back to the rock group to pull a few more lures and before long we had some action. My brother pulled a horse of a yellowfin up that went almost ten kilo and then it was Dans turn to pop the whoo cherry ! with a nice six kilo fish in the bin we decided to have one last run and bang im on again only to see another whoo slip away just under the gaff shadow (thats fishin ) all in all a top day and some nice fish without the crowds all good ! some pics to follow.

CHEERS RAY ;D

rakinray
26-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Brother with his first yellowfin.

rakinray
26-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Dan and his first whoo !

rakinray
26-11-2005, 09:14 PM
The catch !

rakinray
26-11-2005, 09:17 PM
A better pic of my first whoo !

slyham775
26-11-2005, 09:21 PM
good on you ya ... ohh bugger i should have gone out today but had to do my house work Geez..... well done boy,s so did you use live vait for trolling ya

aquarius
27-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Nice catch there Ray......Its great to see your future son-in-law getting his first Wahoo.
Blue pilly? Do you mean W A Pilchard or is it a type of lure?
Cheers Brent :)

webby
27-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Looks like you took the better option mate, we traversed 300miles of water from the river to bribie in Cragies Cyclone for a poor result.
Hit every beacon that had water flowing past, and couldnt find a doggie anywhere except for 1 gold spot.
Ended up trolling around the Venus banks and scored a big 5kg boof head and around 6kg cobe.
Found Kingstin slowley sinking at the m2 ;D, then bumped into the whoo killers from hutchies ;) who we trying to pull the m1 over with a slug ;D.
7 hours for 3 is pretty slow going, any way good company with Cragie and Touchy.
regards

Fishinmishin
27-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Livey lures blue pilly. Very nice fish mate. I woulda thought there would have been heaps of boats out with the days weather. WRB does seem to have shut down a bit with this clear water but at least you already had a fish in the eskie and two more to come. I hope these wahoo stick around till I get out mid next week.
Cheers, Jay

Maria
27-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Nice fishing Ray....always good to get another notch in the wood for a first catch. That's a pretty staunch yellowfin too - good size.

Regards

Ben

bigpoly
27-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Good catch Ray. What speed did you troll at to entice the who.

mackmauler
27-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeh way to go Ray, bit better than its been lately, not sure where the dolfinfish have got to this yr, shoulda got your pic taken webby, all the grey nomads in one place ;D

rakinray
27-11-2005, 03:43 PM
G/ day all thanks for congrats, and to answer some of the questions as i said in the post we stuck with the Blue Pilly hard body lures and also hex head skirts they went three strikes to one in favour of the pilly (photos to follow so you can see the type Brent, made by livey lures). Hey Brian that will teach you to hang around the old men of the sea, but i think you know where we are headin next week :-X even Touchy wouldnt eat that mack would he ? G/ day Jay the dollies were there but they just jumped around and laughed at us >:( and i reckon the whoos will get thicker before they disapear if they follow the same pattern as hutchies. Thanks for the post last week Benny got me thinking they must be around so this means we better get that guy with the Bar/Crusher and your old man (Webby) and my crew for a trip next week end ill give you a call mid week mate. Bigpoly we trolled between 10 and twelve klms just slow enough to keep em from poppin out, hope that helps. G/ day Robbo been a while since we caught up mate must be due for a run back to the home land (Point Look-out) lol maybe you can lead the grey nomads next week -end lmao starting to feel at home off stradie these days thanks to the all the info from the mackmauler cheers for that Rob.

CHEERS RAY

rakinray
27-11-2005, 03:45 PM
One more for Brent.

aquarius
27-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the closeup pics Ray......Looks like that lure has some serious battle scars.
Cheers Brent :)