PDA

View Full Version : Nice Yellowtail Kingie (pic)

caught-ya
27-11-2005, 08:43 AM
We started out from the Pine River to go toTangalooma, curtain and bulwa wrecks\ledge at 0430 after sleeping in two hours, dad said the alarm didn’t go off. On the way over we saw some interesting bird activity and stopped and had a look, we didn’t catch anything so we went over to Tangalooma and caught a whole heap of pike for livies and a 3 calamari squid for tea. Then we shot over to Curtain Artificial Reef to see if we could catch anything for tea as well. We anchored up over some wrecks and got a good run but the fish ran around the wreck and bricked me. We didn’t catch anything else so we had a drift along curtain and managed to get in a 114 cm and about 10-11 kilo Yellowtail kingfish on the drift. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] We had a couple more drifts and got another run but he spat the hook. We decided to go for a snorkel as the tide was changing and then get some more pike and go back to curtain to fish the in coming tide. We didn’t get any more hits and we saw some big batfish in the current. On the way home we saw some longtails and some Mack tuna and managed to get a little Mack tuna and get hit by a long tail and then we decided to go home.

Cheers,

caught-ya
27-11-2005, 08:49 AM
heres me holding it too

Spaniard_King
27-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Well done with the Kingy, had a good day on the weather front too by the looks

Garry

land_based
27-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Aweosme kingy mate. I love tangling with them, great sportsfish in my books.

Duyz72
27-11-2005, 02:40 PM
You put your left foot in
You put your left foot out
You hold up your Kingy and shake it all about

Nice

cyclops
27-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Nice Kingy, good bait, great weather, what more could anyone ask for...

Rainbowrunner
28-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Sorry you didnt get that first one in mate but there will be other times.
Couldn't have asked for a better day weather wise.

reeldreamer
28-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Those things can pull! Well done!