PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo across the ages

Brooksy
27-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Like the rest of the crowds headed north of the cape on saturday to chase a few wahoo. To cut to the chase the fish were obliging with 5 coming home for dinner and young Dan tagging and releasing another. The bycatch was few and far between which is unusual for that neck of the woods with only 1 mac tuna. It was a great day with three generations of Brooksy's on board even if Dad couldn't stay connected to a Hoo. I think Dad had a great day just watching his grandson in action.

Steve

Brooksy
27-11-2005, 09:25 PM
The result

Brooksy
27-11-2005, 09:30 PM
part of the catch

Brooksy
27-11-2005, 09:34 PM
and the best part is i can now clean the worst of the mess as the senior and apprentice crew takes us home. ;D

Burley_Boy
27-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Good to see mate, great deckie in training you got there. ;D

Brejen
27-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Steve won't be long mate and it'll be Dad can i borrow the boat.

Well done boys. Love it when i got the 3 generations in the boat as well mate, the fish then are just a bonus..

Brett

-spiro-
27-11-2005, 10:34 PM
good onya Steve and father and son :)

Fishinmishin
28-11-2005, 01:20 AM
LOL @ the little man. The tackle sure ain't made for his size and if he's catching nice hoo now.....he's gonna have to aim for whale sharks when he's full grown ;D :o.
Cheers, Jay

jeffo
28-11-2005, 06:09 AM
hahahaha, brooksey- wahoo ARE the bycatch now mate ;) ;D

slyham775
28-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Geez i wish my dad was like him >:( i,d get out there on my own and do my best ..... good to see that part well done dude.... he is so lucky to have a good dad.... keep teaching him ya ;)

StevenM
28-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Top effort and good to see the joys of fishing getting passed dowm through the generations

cheers
steven

bugman
28-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Forgot to ask - did you have him in his harness - and did it work ok? Have you got a boat line to keep him inboard or did you just hang on to him.

Bycatch Jeffo ???? Bragger !!!

Billo
28-11-2005, 09:50 AM
congrats Brooksy(s)

The young tacker looks hard on the drag in clip one mate ...love it ! #;DThink you can buy him a child sized gimble belt ??....got the rod butt between his ankles ;D ;D

Brooksy
28-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Brett
No didn't try the harness, put a safety strap on the first fish, butd idn't worry about it after that. And no I didn't hold on to him as i was too busy clearing rods driving etc, he just had to fair for himself ;D To his credit his only mistake for day was bumping the real into freespool as he went to get the rod out the holder. And that was only because we hit some wash from another boat a bit awkwardly.

Jay/Billo
That gimbal is a black magic equalizer belt I bought specifically for Dan. I had tried several different types of belts and that one is miles in front. I also got a junior harness to match because he is keen as to get a billfish this season.

Steve

Anne-T-Dote
28-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey Steve,

Awesome stuff mate. Still haven't been out chasing them myself yet. Still haven't actually spooled up those reals we spoke about. I'm hopeless mate. But you've inspired me. Hopefully I can get out there soon.

Cheers,

Rob.

jeffo
29-11-2005, 06:04 AM
bugman- gotta keep your eyes on the holy grail ;D