PDA

View Full Version : They're thick gents - Queen street time

bugman
25-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Thought a bit about putting up this post but seeing as how I value the information on this site it's probably my reponsibility to share.

2 Wahoo to 10kg and 1 2m sailfish in 30mins when not even trying to fish on a sightseeing trip yesterday. I kid you not the bait was thick and the fish were thicker.

Where????? Well I took a couple of tourists snorkelling at Flinders reef so that should give you enough info.

I would ask those that join the line-up tomorrow to think about the stock a bit and only take as many as you need. If we wanted to we could have filled the boat yesterday they were everywhere - but we had enough.

OR- the massive amount of traffic might put them down - any way enjoy yourselves.

Bugman

PS Mick and Devo - got a cray a bit closer to Moreton ;D

DICER
25-11-2005, 11:09 AM
"A" cray hey? pictures, pictures

Fishin_Dan
25-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Bugman, was that you driving along Kingsford Smith Drive in the morning yesterday with "Bogey" on the back of the landie? I passed you heading to the office (Teneriffe). VERY nice looking boat that one!!!

Mick
25-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Well done mate. I haven't seen a cray on my last 3 dives. They seem to have marched off somewhere. Probably wouldn't be able to see any past all the fluro blue spots on the coral trout anyhow.

They are everywhere..

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/pauly89/Coral_Trout.jpg

Frank_Oostenbroek
25-11-2005, 02:42 PM
The quality of you photos are fantastic. It gives all of us on the water a chance to see what's under the water.

FrankOO

Billo
25-11-2005, 02:47 PM
thats always the way ...when unprepared and not intentionally fishing ...they drop from the sky !

Nice effort on the sail too .....top effort .

Were you baiting or trolling skirts or minnows ???

Spaniard_King
25-11-2005, 02:52 PM
LOL .. Queen St time :'(

outsiderskip
25-11-2005, 03:01 PM
nice one brett
;D ;D

cheers pete

vertico
25-11-2005, 03:15 PM
nice one bugman
now every man and his dog will be there :)
no good work

Spaniard_King
25-11-2005, 04:09 PM
No room for dogs ;D

Garry

fishomatic
25-11-2005, 04:38 PM
great shot
Matt

Franco
25-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Bugman I don't fish up that way but would just like to commend you for your open reporting to help others. I hope those that benefit from your help respect your honesty and ensure that Mother-nature doesn't cop a slaughtering in the next few days, and only take a reasonable feed, as you've asked.

Honourable report mate. May the Fish Gods smile upon You!!

And may the fish hit the Gold Coast soon!

fritzy
25-11-2005, 06:33 PM
I totally agree with Franco,
Mate i think that is fantastic that you respect the people on this site enough to post a report like that. It is extremely unselfish of you to provide assistance like that to others. I also hope that the fish don't get absolutely mauled as a result - hopefully there are some sensible fishermen out there (like yourself) who also respect the laws of the ocean. I am getting more an more interested in the photograph and release way of fishing, rather than the fillet and release way after seeing posts like yours and flickflack - two of the fisherman i respect the most on this site.
Congratulations on the great fish - hope they continue to come for you. I am a big believer in karma - good things happen to good people.
Cheers Fritzy

DougHanning
25-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Bugman was the viz good? That cray wouldn't have been on the mariatta would it. Seen a few on the big undercuts just NE of it.

NeilD
25-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Bugman

I think I saw you heading out as we were around M2 about 10am. Heard "Bogey" sign in and knew it was another Ausfisher. Saw your rig in the carpark later.We went out front on first light after the Wahoo but the conditions early were not very good. We should have left in gentlemans hours and may have done better. What was it like later in the day, Inside the Bay came good
Neil

bugman
28-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Sorry gents... not being rude but I buggered off to Melb for a few days after putting up this post.

Seems the word did spread and a few boys got to sample the Wahoo action out around Hutchies. For those that were out there on the weekend - imagine what it would have been like midweek when you were the only boat there :o

Was a bit elusive with the sail - can't actually count as a capture as I dropped it at the boat after about 20mins. Just simply spat the lure. The first 3mins were unbelievable with the fish hardly in the water. It was the best aerobatic display from a fish I have ever seen. I was only running three rod - 1 with a hex head, 1 with a blue pillie and one with an el cheapo skirt. The hex head and blue pillie took a wahoo each and the skirt tempted the sail.

Doug, The viz was excellent - 20m if not more and the cray came from that ledge of coffee rock only a couple of hundred metres from the cape. I wasn't really looking but my mate was keen to try and spear a fish which is why we stopped. I saw two dead/eaten crays on the bottom so I started poking around.

Dan, That would have been me. It's interesting taking here through peak hour traffic.

Mick, shame it's closed season ;D

Neil, Was that your Discovery in the carpark with the Ausfish stickers. I couldn't pick who it was.

Bugman

finding_time
28-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Giday brett

Just one cray?? might have to tell you about my trip friday ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D quite a good dive it was. make a nice second dive after one on the brisbane.

Ian

nils_desporandum
29-11-2005, 12:24 AM
if u were going to be worried about posting this info why would u be taking tourists to this spot to start with?

Cloud_9
29-11-2005, 05:38 AM
i was i mite upset when i passed you at FAIRFIELD near the train bridge.( steep hill) denam st ? i think.
anyway i was going to work just around the corner and im thinking the bastard.
then it turned into what a crap day to go out.
we got hugh storm .
did you get wet.
Cloud 9

bugman
29-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Jamie,

You must have passed me just as I left home - that's only a couple of blocks away from where I live. Should have waved. Actually we couldn't see Brisbane most of the day because of this dark sombre cloud that engulfed it. However out at Hutchies/Flinders and at Moreton it was bloody beautiful. We even had bright sunshine at about 1:00pm and it never rained on us until we got back to Scarborough.

Nils, The two visitors I took out there were the entire purpose of the trip. It was for a snorkelling session at flinders. We fished for 30 mins just to keep my mate Chris and I happy. The two 18 year old girls were from Switzerland and Costa Rica respectively. I'm not sure they payed all that much attention to the fishing possibilities of Hutchies ;D

They looked good in bikinis though ;D ;D ;D (Lucky Leanne never looks in here)

Bugman

fritzy
29-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Sounds like a really tough trip there bugman.
Really tough indeed... No wonder you only caught the one billfish, the rest of the time you had your eyes on things other than the troll rods... Fishing like all sports is a difficult game when you are badly distracted... I have been there myself once or twice...
Good on ya mate,
Cheers Fritzy