PDA

View Full Version : Another Sunday Report

Billo
04-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Well the weather gods seemed to be with us this morning .
Headed out from Bribie at 4:30 bound for spot X
After filling the live bait tank , we berleyed and live baited for about 4 hours …..with only 1 mackeral and a few half yellowtail.... and not a Cobe to be found . >:(

Late morning we gave away the top of the bay and headed north of Moreton.
There were pilchard school's everywhere and had me on the edge... and a few tuna busting em up. We weren’t after tuna , but we threw a few slugs for the hell of it
After spinning up a little jelly bean tuna up , we noticed something followed it up ……there in the shadows beyond the stern…just what we were after

In a matter of seconds I whipped out a new livie , snapped it on my circle hook and threw it out….HOOK UP

After 25 minutes of fighting , my good mate Dane ( Jiggit ) did his hand at his first tagging job pretty good for a beginner …pretty damn good , bullseye on shot 1

a quick pat and quick snap off the camera , and it was off …..but not without battle scars :( a bit of damage to the dorsal , but got it kicking and swimming ok for a release …..heres hoping !

Unfortunately no more fish were pulled ....

Billo
04-12-2005, 08:23 PM

Billo
04-12-2005, 08:25 PM
REEEEEEEEEEALLY TOUGH Conditions ::) :)

Fishinmishin
04-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Very nice indeed. Jealous I wasn't on the water and angry my boat is still in the shop. Those seas look awesome and if there was only a couple fish caught on the day.....the black soon turned it into a pearler of a trip ;D.
Cheers, Jay

Burley_Boy
05-12-2005, 04:41 AM
Good one mate...
Why am I not out there...... :(

outsiderskip
05-12-2005, 05:30 AM
good one burly boy
nice bill fish
great conditions

cheers pete

Frank_Oostenbroek
05-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Great Fish Billo,

We trolled from Wide Caloundra to Deep Tempest and back to Smiths. Not a Sausage!!!.

The Weather was great and the tuna were everywhere, but nothing would take the skirts.

FrankOO

gavsgonefishing
05-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Billo,

well done a bit of quick thinking turns the day from average to great ;),

caloundra
05-12-2005, 08:55 AM
nice catch there billo
well done mate
and the conditions don't look to bad either

Daniel

mackmauler
05-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Nice fish Tim, first for the tinny ;D looks a healthy little fish the fin split is unlikely to cause much of a problem, seen much worse previous injurys and they were fine, your 1 up on me I better get out there!

Billo
05-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeh Rob …Cherry popping for IVPLAY …first T&R for the tinny …
Was still fairly healthy, had to pull it onboard to unwrap the leader from its fins, but kept its colour well and was off after a few minutes of swimming …felt great to get it back in the water.

It was unbelievably quiet …stoked to get a black on a quiet day though.

Better get out there mate …I am not planning to leave it long between Bills ;D ;D

JB
05-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Good work there billo, send them south to us GC billfish virgins :)

Jacksta
05-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Nice Black alright mate, great stuff! what gear were ya using?

Vic1
05-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Fantastic fish, well done

szopen
05-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Something like that happening can make a quiet day really exciting.

Congratulations.

Franco
05-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Tim you're making me cry.
I'm looking down the barrel of a week of night shifts and you're showing me these awesome photo's of a great day out. And beautiful conditions to boot!!

Ahhh .... this is the stuff that gets me through the week!

Billo
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Nice Black alright mate, great stuff! what gear were ya using?

10kg ...TLD25 and a backbone rod ..simple and effective ....no issues knocking it over .

Franco ...weather was good ...looks like we have a bit of time to prep for the next pearler !! ...so what are you doing this weekend !????

bugman
06-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Billo,

That is awsome work mate.

Brooksy and I spent about 14 hours on the water over the last two days chasing things with beaks. We went everywhere from the sunshine coast to North of Moreton. Not one bill strike for all that work.

Only a few dolphin and Wahoo came aboard - I was amazed at the lack of tuna tacking the lures - only one small stripey for the entire weekend.

Congrats on the black - lets hope there's a few more staring to show up real soon.

Bugman

Franco
06-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Tim .... Well I hope the report is right! Sat is out for me need to sleep after nights. Maybe Sunday tho.
There hasn't been much pelagic action down this end mate. With these hot northerlies again I might have to try to and get a few more red devils on the boat ....... then again ..... spotties ..... Mmmmm YUM!

Brett no suprise with the lack of Billfish bites. A mate trolled from the seaway to the pin and out past the 50m line both in the morning and afternoon for not one ratchet click. Said the water was green as.
..... But it's only a matter of time!

Billo
06-12-2005, 12:20 PM
So do i Franko ....would like to see another boatside ....
looks like we will get a couple of fishable days atleast ..cough cough...even if it doesn't come through till monday ;D ;D ;D

I was surprised we didn't take any more hits....heaps of bait in that patch ( and not another boat in site ;D ) .

Brooksy
06-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Congrats Tim, did what we couldn't do despite trolling for many hours. ;D
Are you going to the meeting tonight? If so I will see you their.

Steve

Billo
06-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Hey steve ...no show for me again tonight ..home crook ( seriously if you can believe it ;D ) trying to battle off a bout before the next round ;D