PDA

View Full Version : Banks Friday morning

Any_Weather
09-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi, just a short report about the Barwon Banks early hours Friday morning (09.12.2005). Headed out from mooloolaba about 0200hrs for a 2 hour trip in a sloppy 15-20knt Northerly. Arrived on banks and first 3 drops saw 3 good squire about 2kg. Then the rest of the crew got in on the game and a total of 9 were boated in about 20 minutes. Some nice Hussar, Red throats, cobia and Moses perch followed. The bite was hot until about 0630 when it just died and not another fish was boated. We tried numereous spots for nothing so decided for a tow on the way home and was still unable to raise a fish. Conditions were very sloppy with a stiff 20knots N blowing all morning. Headed home and back at ramp by 1000. The current was very fishable. Photos maybe tomorow. Good luck to all you guys lucky enough to be heading out there this weekend.

Lee

vertico
09-12-2005, 05:23 PM
where on the banks did you fish, North / Mid / South?
just want to know what the current is like where you were
thanks

uripper
09-12-2005, 08:01 PM
where on the banks did you fish, North / Mid / South?
just want to know what the current is like where you were
thanks

... mmmmmmmmmm ......

some other quotes ...

you arent planning on following him out one day ?

simple question take it how you want to take it.

sound familar? ... no need to say more :-X

vertico
09-12-2005, 11:51 PM
wake up uripper
current is different at different locations on the banks
im not asking him for a photo of his boat and motor hahahaha ::)

Lacey
10-12-2005, 07:12 AM
hi bluedog here im trying to get a crew together for tomorow morning ive never fished the banks before and am keen as. Any starting points would be appreciated. You said the current was not bad what rigs did you use and bait. Any yakkas out there I think I will leave from noosa with the forcast of light se inshore early. Also what channel do youn monitor on your VHF. Thanks for any info if you get the chance.
Bluedog

outsiderskip
10-12-2005, 09:48 AM
hi blue dog
i think we will go sun morning
21vhf we use might hear from u

cheers pete

Any_Weather
10-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Lacey, we fish the middle part to the northern part of the banks. No we did not get one yakka all day.
Vertico, there was no current at all to speak of. Slight run to the south but very little.