PDA

View Full Version : 42's today - Sun 11th

Nugget
11-12-2005, 05:08 PM
John Gooding on Outlaw Charters with a bull dolphin weighing over 20kg that was one of a small school that swam up to the boat on the 42's - hooked with a floating pillie.
John is a big solid boy, I'd guess it was easily over 5ft long.

Dave ><>

Nugget
11-12-2005, 05:09 PM
This cobia was also caught today on Outlaw Charters on the 42's on a pillie.

Dave ><>

mackmauler
11-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Im sure thats not a bull Dave, the rounded head ones are called cows female dolfinfish, full of eggs at this time of yr as well, released one yesterday..

Nugget
11-12-2005, 06:11 PM
You could be right Rob - this one was released... into an ice slurry!
They told me there were three swimiing around the boat - two they landed.
I wasn't fishing - just taking the photos.
I used the word 'bull' because I assumed most big dolphinfish are bulls.
You'd know more about that than me - I've never really looked into the difference between male and female dolphinfish.
They were fairly skinny as compared to othe big dollies of that size.

Glad to see YOU release a few mate.

Dave ><>

damons33
11-12-2005, 08:21 PM
hi dave, i will concurr with rob as the head on the bulls is more squared off in the nape to the mouth and also the taper of the body is noticitably more "fast". we don't see as many bulls up here as further south. she is a big girl and i think they get more hieght out of the water jumping, and do more of it.
how was the green water line?
i was talking to dominic yesterday and mentioned that the bluewater was out a long way, lets hope we get more south easters to push the hot blue currents in and the marlin' that follow it around, also as i'm staying at sandy cape for my holiday it would be good for our camping site directionally....here's hoping its a not too windy chrissy.
tight lines'
damon