PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra Sunday

Jeremy
12-12-2005, 12:39 PM
had a fish outside from Caloundra Sunday morning. Great weather with light SWer turning SE and freshening late morning. Pulled an average doggie off NW2 on a slug on our way out and then tried and tried to get some livies. Plenty of bait around, just not biting. There was also heaps and heaps of tiny tuna on the surface. Might have been frigates or little macs. Didn't take any of the lures we tried. Anchored up on the 5 mile on a good show of bait, but nothing was biting on live baits or floaters. There were heaps and heaps of boats all morning on the Hamilton Patches and I guess they must have been getting some mackies or they would have left.

Water temp was 26.7 and nice blue colour. Did a troll out to the 12 mile and around, but no hits.

Haven't heard any reports from Daniel or Westie for a while. You guys been out?

Jeremy

Billo
12-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I was tempted on an arvo run out ....but was still wiped out from a Huge night friday night ...left me bewildered all weekend , couldn't get off the lounge
love those chrissy parties hey !

Makes me feel better that i wasn't missing a firing afternoon ! ;D

Fisher_Boats
12-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi Jeremy,
We fished up there (HP's) yesterday mornimg and got two spanish,one 6kg and one 8kg. Missed a couple.... but at least they are starting to show up.

Cheers Col

gawby
12-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Seemed to be the story every where jeremy.
Not much on the chew
Carnt say we didnt try.
Graeme

westie
12-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Jeremy, Daniel has been on yard duty and wife sitting with the removal of a wisdon tooth "OUCH" scott and I ventured out on Fri 2nd after a jew but no luck ended up at the marina at La Balsa with some big baits out when I had the chance to test out my new Tss4 and Live Fibre with 50Lb braid screwed up with 4kg of drag for 35min and at no stage did I have the upper hand this think poss shark I think in the 60Lb range just pulled line when ever it wanted to and Scott just say on the side calling obsenaties with the gaff in his hand and a stubbie the fish won ....this time. ;D
went to the M&G at H/Bay and did some damage to the back and L/H Knee and have been resting it but Iching to get out there and have some fun on the Macks soon.

Well now you know and thanks for asking when every you are up here let me know so we can catch up

Westie

pittymick
14-12-2005, 01:43 PM
was a nice day