PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on the Central Coast NSW

agro
23-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Does anyone know some landbased fishing spots on the central coast or boat hire around the hawksbury that I can get too. I'm up and down from Qld quite a lot and need some R & R desperately

land_based
24-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Try Bobbin head mate, a great spot!

kevin
24-11-2005, 05:03 PM
For land base try the boat ramp near half tide rocks at Umina
The pub and RSL are close by
CHEERS :P

masterdusky
24-11-2005, 06:03 PM
depends what type of fishing u wnat to do mate..if u dont mind a walk u could head to box head for some jew,avoca for all ur lb fishing and maybe take a walk rround to winnie bay also....as far as ease of spots go...try Avoca..but make sure u get there early ;)

agro
29-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys thats gives me some places to start with, hope you and your families all have a great xmas. ;D

FOOCKCHUCKER
29-11-2005, 10:10 PM
if ya get your hands on a tinny try flint and steel jewy time jewy time

INDULGENCE
01-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Try Boat Hire On the North channel at the Entrance.Its where the old Co-op was.
We fished in the weather on both Sat & Sun for nice Flatties on plastics and even a feed of Blue Swimmer Crabs(on mullet frames) within swimming distance from the boat hire place.
It was rather novel watching the guy who runs the boat hire calling out to the guys who rent his boats to bring them back so he could go home.
You will need to fish the run up tide until it stops.
Remember no crab nets in this area you have to catch the crabs by handline.

Wally

agro
16-12-2005, 06:08 AM
thanks for the info we went up to Brooklyn and had a great day out catching bream and flathead great fun with light line. Thanks again for the information and have a great Xmas and a safe one. :)

Barrie
20-12-2005, 05:26 PM
There is a marina next to Brooklyn railway Station at Hawkesbury River that hires out putt-putts, both half cabin & no cabin at very reasonable rates. There use to be a few places in Booker Bay, on the Central Coast, that hired the same type of boat. Barsam

agro
21-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks Barsam we had a great time down there the people were very helpful and it wasn't very expensive, though I wouldn't mind going to Bobbin head and hiring a Halvorsen cruiser for a long weekend and take the family. ;D :)