PDA

View Full Version : Cap Coast - Yeppoon-Emu Park

Graham_N_Roberts
18-12-2005, 06:30 PM
:)Just wondering if there are any members from the Cap Coast area, with anything to report. :-?

It's been bloomin' quiet in this area for ages. I'm sure the local rag and TV station "over estimate" :-* the quality of fishing from these waters.

For example, they dable about how the "Famous?" Causeway Lake constantly produces.
I and a few others fished the runthrough yesterday. A bloke beside me caught two trevs and a sweetlip. I caught and released seven moses perch of around 25 - 28 cm. The future son in law landed a 33 cm puffer. No other action ... hardly inspiring. Obviously we were where the fish weren't ... or there is bugger all in this pond. :-X ;D

Where's your reports Cap Coasties :-?

grunter_boy
22-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi cq Freshie,

I'm with you wrt the lake, although it does produce some very good fish, albeit few and far between. I've heard some reports of some good grunter and trvally up around the headlands at the mouth of waterpark and fishing creeks recently. Can't speak from personal experience though as I haven't wet a line for about 6 weeks. Will be going to Corio/waterpark early next year. Will let you know how we go.

Graham_N_Roberts
22-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi there Grunter_b,

Hope you have luck up at Corio. I believe it's 4wd only up there so that rules me out.

The Cap coast is certainly slow of late. There are many reasons possible ... over fished, dirty waterways (silt from the Fitzroy is worse now than it was in the 50's and 60's), clearing of breading grounds, silting of the Causeway Lake etc.

Yet, still, the area is pushed to the tourist as a fishing hot spot. It may well be for the tourist with the money to hire a guide, or their own rig to get out wide with, but inshore, for the average Joe and kids/grandkids .... dead.

Merry Xmas. :) ;D