PDA

View Full Version : NOOSA 19th-24th

fincho
26-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Spent a week staying on mossman court in noosa sound with my family and jackash (ASHO), had a good trip fishing every day about 4-7 am and 3-7pm in the boat and fitting in plenty of other fishing off the jetty. All in all was a good trip, didnt produce the same surface action or fish as last summer but stil definatly worth the effort. As it was a week trip there is lots to say so i decided to just give a few highlights and there will be plenty of pics to come later as i finally had my camera on the boat!! Just gotta got the camera working with the comp now :-/ Anyway bes day of the trip for me was the day i found out my o.p. As we were leaving for the arvo session mum ran out on the jetty and yelled 4 i knew this would get me into the course i wanted so was pumped only got better as 2nd cast i picked up my p.b flatty on s.p's (59cm) then went on to pick up my best queenie to date and four of the average size trev's. Other highlights include my best fish on poppers so far a sizeable tailor in woods bay, the largest feeding frenzie i have seen to date with trev smashing everywhere which only resulted in one large trev with three anglers throwing everything at them and not seeming to be able to "Match the Hatch", and ashos donut for the last two days :P Over the trip asho prob faired the best picking up lots of trevs on a quick retrieve but im sure plenty of good memories were made for all!! Anyway pics will come later!!

FINCHO

Scott15
26-12-2005, 09:20 PM
nice report fincho, sounds like ya got some pretty good fish

CHRIS_aka_GWH
26-12-2005, 10:23 PM
good stuff Fincho - look forward to the pics.

Where in the sound were the tailor ? We normally get them around the bar - the sound is far more comfortable for me.

How is the slime weed situation up there this summer ?

We'll be heading up in 4 days to hunt off-shore & have memories last year of having cooling inlets getting fouled just before hitting the bar.

chris

fincho
27-12-2005, 05:16 AM
Was fishing in the river around noosa sound (woods bay) etc so this topic prob should have been moved to saltwater rivers/estuaries. Dont know if it is possible for me to do this :-?

FINCHO

fincho
27-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Sorry guys had just got home from work he week was 17th-24th had just finished work when i wrote this and was pretty buggered :P Anyway chris the tailor were taken throwing poppers at the rock wall in woods bay and retrieving back to the boat as well as a hole we found a bit further in but its pretty hard to explain where it is :-? The weed was fine while we were there it turned p in areas but never to frustrating or too thick. Hope this helps and ya have some luck when you head up!!!

FINCHO