PDA

View Full Version : Junior Reefie's first mack

Reefmaster
21-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Well with good weather, my 2 year old son Sam and myself bored out of our brains while Mum looks after the newborn i thought it would be a good chance to take him fishing. :D The father in law showed some interest so he came along as well. Woke up early and took off out the door at 4.30 which was hard task to begin with as the little fella seemed some what unhappy i had woken him up. Now being only 2 years old i really should have started him off somewhere calm like a creek but my passion of fishing got the better of me and we were bouncing our way out from Bribie Island heading across the bay for Macks in calm conditions but seas still pretty unsettled with small swells. He was fine with this until i stopped at a beacon and by the time i had thrown a LuckyPhill slug on he was starting to winge. With him wrapped around my leg i managed to cast the slug at the beacon and only a few cranks of the handle it hooked up. I gave it to the young fella and he pumped and wound the fish up like a pro and was excited to see a mack flopping around the deck not long after. The excitment lasted for 2 seconds and while i was holding him looking at the fish i ended up with a nice spew from little reefie all over me. ;D ::) This was followed by another 3 good spews which i then decided was time to head back to Bribie. ;D Gotta be the quickest fishing trip ever. But the strike rate was great "1 cast 1 fish" and total fishing time less then 2 minutes ;D Headed back to bribie and let him have a run on the beach and he was good as gold. He held the fish like a pro for pics but then wouldn't let it go for ages and i was starting to think he was gonna make love to it. ;D ::) Headed up the passage for a drive and had a quick fish for 2 small moses perch before heading home. A bad trip but also a good one which i won't forget but hope he does. :DI'm sure there will be many more future trips but might just wait a few more years yet. ;)

Cheers, Greg

Reefmaster
21-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Half an hour later he is still holding it ;D ::)

Bonesy
21-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Nice spotties a bit of fun for the young fella ;D ;D [smiley=lolk.gif] [smiley=lolk.gif]

Bonesy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

FishFinger1977
21-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Good stuff Greg, maybe Sam would be more at home at DI with the reds he sees you with all the time ;D Tough luck on the seasick part though, may have been getting lessons from Brook on that one ;) Good to see you got out mate. Regards Scott

szopen
21-12-2005, 08:00 PM
His fish.
Not surprized he would not give it away.

Well done.

dfox
21-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Way to go sam! That uncle brook must have been teaching you the art of throwing up offshore!
The young bloke might get in a bnb article now.
Nice cover shot greg on this months adition...foxy

bidkev
21-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Good on yer Greg..........start 'em young. Only the spewin' to contend with you copped lucky mate. First time I took my little 'un out, he grand slammed :o :o ;D

kev

SeaSaw
21-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Thats a pretty good start to his fishing. 1 cast for 1 fish .... can it get any better than that. ;D Maybe he will be next months cover shot ;)

Mark

Zeeke
21-12-2005, 11:58 PM
top work Greg.. looks like your using that new camera of yours too!

Tim

Thunderbird
22-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Well who needs a gimble belt when you've got a nappy ;D ;D
Did he try some for tea that night or is he already to spoilt on reds?

Big_Ren
22-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Could have been worse Greg. The mack could have latched onto someone's toe :o. Think I'd rather have spew on me. Great effort from the young fella. :-?

Cheers
Paul

zulu
23-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Thankfully young Sam got his mothers looks :)
Merry xmas to the Lamprecht family,

Troy.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
27-12-2005, 09:04 PM
very nice pics Greg - wouldn't you love to hold a fish longer than you are tall !

Nice spotties a bit of fun for the young fella

I could be wrong & will stand corrected but without seeing its dorsal I think its a schoolie Bonesy the spots are dull & quite large.

spotted 60cm min bag limit 5
schoolie 50cm min bag limit 30

chris