PDA

View Full Version : Jr. Deckies First Reef Fish

Jr._Deckie
22-12-2005, 08:39 AM
:)Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Everyone :)

Goodmorning/Afternoon (which ever it is) this is all about my first reef fish that Big E (the captain) took me out on last Tuesday... I better start off with the known fact that I DID NOT get sea sick, like my brother did when he went out one time...

We put in at Point Arkwright about 11am... We did originally decide to leave at 3 in the morning but someone had to go into work [smiley=angry.gif]... It really didnt matter after we pulled in a BIGGY!!! We hit the secret spot (which Big E & Rocket found out there) and we used some Secret Bait that worked wonders... I can't tell you where the secret spot is or what the secret bait is other whise it wouldnt be a secret and then I wouldnt have all the fun in showing all these big fish to you guys (which we caught in a 4m tinny)... Yea, i know its a small boat but it did the job... Didnt it? All our rods were set up for bait fishing... Big E set one of those baited rods were set up with a floating pilly... it was a nice calm day (first pic I took)... what do you know, the first big fish is about 75cm long... Yep about 75cm long... And it wasssssssssssssss a Mackeral... No birds around, just a nice calm swell of the waves... That was caught on the floating pilly... Now, the next BIG fish that was caught was about 57cm long... Not that big really... it was, to Big E's amazement, a Red Empera... Yep!!! Oh, yea and Rocket that was what busted you and Big E off, about 10 time, that time when you actually found that secret spot... Finaly the last Big catch of the day... Just before we decided it was tooooo hot to continue and there is a good little story behind this one... Close to the suface we saw 3 Cobia's going by... they started to head in the direction of the floating pilly and Big E said "they are going to hit the pilly"... and the next thing we know...the rod is tipping... Gaff ready and in it comes... It was about 85cm long...

So all in all we had a good day fishing... Well some of us are regeting somethings all ready...Being out in the hot sun all day isnt really whise... Here are some pics of a good days work!!!

Fishing Spot : East of Point Arkwright
Wave Height : 0.5 m
Swell Height : 1.5 m
Wind : 10 - 15 Knots
Weather : Fine & Sunny

:)Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Everyone :)

Jr. Decky

Jr._Deckie
22-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Big E with the Red Empera & the new Esky

Jr._Deckie
22-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Me and the 4 fish we brought home

thumps
22-12-2005, 09:09 AM
well done Jnr

hope you enjoy many more trips

and your seasickness stays away

;D

Louis
22-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Well done

Some nice fish there

Louis

Benno
22-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Sounds like you had a great day, and the conditions look terrific. Congrats on a great feed of fish, nice red..

Cheers Benno

outsiderskip
22-12-2005, 10:05 AM
well done
u got a nice feed or fish for xmass

cheers pete

Big_Ren
22-12-2005, 12:18 PM
What a great yarn and some good fish there Jr Deckie. Congrats also to Big E and Rocket. I wish I could tell a story in a way that was so easy to read. Keep up the fantastic work and happy Christmas to all of you.

Paul

jeffo
22-12-2005, 12:23 PM
you put in at point arkwright?? as in the point arkwright on the sunshine coast? if so, did you launch off the beach? or is there another point arkwright?

Jr._Deckie
22-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Jeffo

When Big E gets home from work i will let him tell you where it was and all that...yea it was alll the way down/up at the sunshine coast..

:)Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

Jr Deckie

Lager
22-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Good report and an excellent feed of fish.

Bonesy
22-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Good work, nice fish ;) sonds like you hade some Fun ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bonesy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redbullburley
29-12-2005, 03:17 PM
nice red it seems the legal ones are few and far between these days...
unless your name is reefmaster

rajawolf
29-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Jr Deckie you are a better fisher person them me.... :o nice fish ;D

BigE
05-01-2006, 07:49 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D thanks for the replies ausfishers to jr deckie post she has really taken to fishing in a big way and has read the replies about a 100 times once again many thanks to all who replied or gave words of encouragement.