PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Spanish!

Trent_Butler
20-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Not a bad start to the Spanish season with this beauty caught early Sunday morning. It was Craig's first mack and he now believes that he has mastered the art of Spanish Mackerel fishing and is going to hang up his boots! Smart arse.. #She took skip-bait rigged slimy with a pink skirt on 10kg. We also caught a nice spotty around 6kg as well.

" Using Mackmauler's official Global Positioning System - it was caught at Murphies....."

Cheers

Trent

Volcano
20-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Holy moly! How big is that monster? Nice catch!

Frank_Oostenbroek
20-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi Trent,

Fantastic Fish.

I think that Rob knows a lot more than he's letting on..

I'm Excited

Frank OO

finding_time
20-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Giday Trent

Murphies wide huh!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dropped a ripper myself on wednesday right at the boat after a very solid fight now that would really piss you off! :'( :'( strangely it to was hooked at murphies wide. ;) bloody good fishing spot that! ;D ;D

Ian

mackmauler
20-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Thats a great catch Trent, spoiled for life after that one!!

We better cross reference the marks to be sure ;)

Big_Ren
20-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi Trent

Nice spaniardo there. If you're up the coast way, we are having a Meet & Greet at the Kawana Pub next Friday (27th) and macks are sure to be a hot topic. See Big Mack's thread under "General - Important Notices". Cheers and a top notch macky you have scored there.

Paul :)

caught-ya
20-01-2006, 02:25 PM
nice mack there! ;D ;D we saw one about that big over at curtain artificial reef

roz
20-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Thats an awsome fish for a first up.

Really well done!

Roz

roz
20-01-2006, 02:43 PM
BTW

What did it weigh pls.

gavsgonefishing
20-01-2006, 02:47 PM
That is a ripper on 10kg

bigmack
20-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Guys - lovely fish. They are few and far between at the moment but they all seem to be big................Im still looking for four hooks and a blue & pink skirt if anyone catches a spaniard with jewelry - LOL.

We are all jealous!!

Phill

Anne-T-Dote
20-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey TRENTO - Nice one :D

It's funny that we were just talking about you today. My mate Paul at work here is a BIG fan of Mat the Bat and he even has a copy of Mat's cook book. Apparently there is a great little story on the South Passage Bar incident - I can't wait to read it ;D ;D ;D

Reefmaster
20-01-2006, 06:12 PM
G'day Trent
Well how big must Craig's head be right now the lucky bugger. :D 8-)
I reckon it was all the bling bling that Craig has hanging off his head that acted like a big teaser and brang that fish to the bait. ;) ;D

Well done boys sure is a monster Spanish. :o Can't beleive that's how he opens his first catch of a Spanish. ::) ::) 8-)

Gee i would be affraid to take him fishing for his first big Red. ;D

Regards Greg

p.s- i missed replying to your post on one of my post ages ago and completely forgot. How is Nicole going can't believe she is still at BLA, thats been a while.

noluck
20-01-2006, 06:27 PM
hohohoooo what a fish and on 10kg it is ripper.very nice spanish.
well done boys
and looks like u guys fishing in Bar Cracher ???
cheers No_luck

szopen
21-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Very well done.

And nice smiles too.

Ratman
21-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Great fish guys. What do you recon 30kegs??????

Deelirious
21-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Trento,
Great to see you are at least getting close to other people catching fish if not yourself - it's easier some times to live life through those around us!!!!. Sorry I haven't caught up having a bub has kept me busy for my time off work.

All jokes aside a very nice fish, I woultn't mind one of those jumping into the old deelight.
Congrats
Eddie J

mackmauler
21-01-2006, 09:16 PM
2nd spaniard?

pegasus
22-01-2006, 05:24 AM
awesome fish- :o congratulations

FOOCKCHUCKER
22-01-2006, 10:06 AM
that is a absalote skunter of a spaniard well done son and what a way to pop your cherry could result in being thrown off the boat if you double up before the skipper though. well done boys great effort on 10 kg

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
22-01-2006, 08:57 PM
been a few months since i've fished for spanish. nice fish, thanks for the pleasant reminder of a very special fish that inhabits our coastal areas. Big spanish seem to find a spot in the hearts of many younger, and 'older' fisherman, and a lot of those blokes hold many secrets that many are willing to share. Many older experienced blokes love tellin fishin stories, so if ya wanna listen to an ol' fella and enjoy his life experiences and learn as you down several hundred cuppas, start giving some time to our older and wiser fishing generation. A lifetime of knowledge to help those who are willing to listen.......and make a good friend while ya doin' it~!

Nothin like a spanish, especially the bigger, wiser, more alert fish that are not so easy to catch, and that are also very common in many unexpected areas! Fine tuned techniques, and tackle, artistic bait rigging, and the element of 'tricking' a great big whooa spanish is what tickles my heart! The 70 and 80 pound fish have a majestic side that lures me...........BRING ON THE WINTER IN CQ!!

Great Post Trent...........NICE PIC, NICE FISH, NICE SMILES, NICE EVERYTHING..................................CONGRA TS,
johnny M

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
22-01-2006, 08:59 PM
been a few months since i've fished for spanish. nice fish, thanks for the pleasant reminder of a very special fish that inhabits our coastal areas. Big spanish seem to find a spot in the hearts of many younger, and 'older' fisherman, and a lot of those blokes hold many secrets that many are willing to share. Many older experienced blokes love tellin fishin stories, so if ya wanna listen to an ol' fella and enjoy his life experiences and learn as you down several hundred cuppas, start giving some time to our older and wiser fishing generation. A lifetime of knowledge to help those who are willing to listen.......and make a good friend while ya doin' it~!

Nothin like a spanish, especially the bigger, wiser, more alert fish that are not so easy to catch, and that are also very common in many unexpected areas! Fine tuned techniques, and tackle, artistic bait rigging, and the element of 'tricking' a great big whooa spanish is what tickles my heart! The 70 and 80 pound fish have a majestic side that lures me...........BRING ON THE WINTER IN CQ!!

Great Post Trent...........NICE PIC, NICE FISH, NICE SMILES, NICE EVERYTHING..................................CONGRA TS,
johnny M

Trent_Butler
23-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Ian,

We had a few hairy moments around the boat with this one as well, but she ended up having both 10/0's and the stinger treble all solidly in the jaw. Will have to catch up for a fish with you & your brother one day soon!

Macca,

Thanks for dredging up that old fairy tale again. How's the road works going around the corner? We have a big 9m C/Console in fabrication at the moment you should drop in and have a peek.

Eddie,

Passed you the other day with DEELIGHT on the back! Mate to tell you the honest truth, it was my rig, my rod & reel and I was on strike... but me being the the nice fellow I am I let Craig take the rod hoping that it was a Spanish. If I knew it was going to be that big, I may have been tempted to take the strike.

Greg,

Don't worry when things get a bit quiet trolling for billies, Robbo will definitely be put out just behind the prop wash! We usually hang a few lures off those ears to dry out before going back in the box. Yes Nicole is still going strong at BLA, mind you her staff account sees much more action these days.

Cheers

Trent

Thunderbird
23-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Well done! :o

outsiderskip
23-01-2006, 05:54 PM
hi trent
that some spaniard
good fishing

cheers pete

Mad_fisherman
27-01-2006, 01:31 PM
That is a monster and it is good to see murphys is still working well ;)

Well done

MAD!

wayne_cook
27-01-2006, 06:53 PM
enjoy ;D ;)