PDA

View Full Version : 10 kilo Point Lookout Jobbie

DougHanning
16-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Was one of the trillion boats out on Sunday and managed to stalk a nice green jobbie and a couple of jacks. Saw over 100 whalers during the day must be shark mating time!
Cheerio Doug

DougHanning
16-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Jacks

Big_Ren
16-01-2006, 10:38 AM
A quality jobbie Doug. Although we get quite a few rosies (much smaller than their Hervey Bay cousins), I didn't think the greens were down this far?

Cheers
Paul

finding_time
16-01-2006, 10:43 AM
A quality jobbie Doug. Although we get quite a few rosies (much smaller than their Hervey Bay cousins), I didn't think the greens were down this far?

Cheers
Paul

Paul

I've seen green job's caught in the coff's harbour area and of the goldie!

Ian

smerl
16-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Top fish again Doug.

I noticed you guys out there yesterday. It must have been a bit nerve wracking with all of those boats around. From where I was sitting, at one stage it looked like one group of guys were trying to interest you in a hexhead.

Did you see any tuna or wahoo where you were?

Cheers

Smerl

scuttlebutt
16-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Now that's a solid jobbie! Would be fantastic on the end of a line

cheers,

steve

Anne-T-Dote
16-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Awesome effort there Doug.

How do you manage to freedive so deep and stay under for so long with your gills covered over like that? #LOL #;D

DougHanning
16-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Smerl- I think some blokes troll next to us to see what the hell we are doing, were you the guys anchored up?. No wahoo or yellowfin around but lost about a 8kg dollie. Did see about 50 jobbies 10kgs plus in a huge school. When I shot mine there were ones half as big again in the limit of my vision, but jobbies are quite ellusive so I took my first available chance. Saw a couple of spanish at the group and was bitten on the bicep by one of the jacks, shot it in a cave and it barrelled straight out and bit my arm, gave me a shock and a few puncture marks through my wetsuit. The other guys with me found this quite hillarious.

Anne-T-Dote
16-01-2006, 01:41 PM
shot it in a cave and it barrelled straight out and bit my arm, gave me a shock and a few puncture marks through my wetsuit. The other guys with me found this quite hillarious.

I BET they did - CLASSIC ;D ;D

smerl
16-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Doug

We were in the grey haines to the north trolling north of the boat was anchored up - there was a hugh patch of bait being rouded up in about 60 m out there but we didn't even turn a reel on it. We did one lap around that lump that the boat was anchored on but there were too many other boats there for us. There have been some nice hoo and y'fin around that lump lately but doesn't sound like anyone did to well there on the weekend. Is that where the jacks and jobbie came from or where they closer to the point? I'd love to get anyone of them on the end of a line.

Cheers

Smerl

Big_Ren
16-01-2006, 03:08 PM

Cheers
Paul

Paul

Ian

Thanks Ian. I have only ever caught them in offshore Fraser waters and they are real beasties. Good to learn something new.

Cheers
Paul ;) :)

the_bomber
16-01-2006, 07:15 PM

Cheers
Paul

Paul

Ian
Hi Ian

They don't call you quidnunc for nothing o great guru :)

vertico
16-01-2006, 07:52 PM
that is an absolute beauty, never seen a bigger jobby in all my years
all 25 of em ahah
well done som nice jacks there as well :)
thanks
sean

devocean
18-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Another awesome fish doug, waiting for good vis up here at the moment big tides playing havoc and you need to get out at least 50km to get above 3 metres, itching toi try new gear to

sacman
18-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Saw 50 big jobbies, stalked one (that's a real prize), lost a nice dollie, got bit by a jack (could of been an eel), nearly got mated by a couple of whalers, boats all around not doing too well - now we know why you dive - Well done

DougHanning
18-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey devocean- this time of year is not real good for
viz up there.
Hey Sacman - you got it! Can't wait to hear first hand about that monster spanish!

Heres a pic I took of my jack bite. This was when I got home but it has come out to be a nice bruise now.
You know what they say"no one likes a biter"

Big_Ren
18-01-2006, 09:35 PM
It could have been worse Doug. It could have been the jobbie instead. :'(

Paul

jackash
20-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Bloody nice jobbie and good jacks too. Sounds like an.... interesting trip. BEtter the jack than the bronzey's though.
Cheers
JAckash

Hookem_Herby
21-01-2006, 05:45 AM

Cheers
Paul

Paul

Ian

Thanks Ian. I have only ever caught them in offshore Fraser waters and they are real beasties. Good to learn something new.

Cheers
Paul ;) :)

Paul (and vertico),
Not sure who it was that scored a MONSTER green jobfish last year on the gold coast whilst fishing livies under ballons for spanish macks. I think it was 'hagar'!?!?? Can anyone confirm.
The thing was evil looking and bloody massive. Think it went near or maybe even over 20kg!!! #:o
Hagar if you read this, maybe you can post it again ... was an awesome trophy fish!
On that note, my hat off to you Doug as well. As per usual great capture and nice variety to boot 8-).
Well done,
Herby

flickflack
21-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Top fish there mate, a few battle scars to show for it as well.

We got 2 jobbies off the Tweed on 9mile when we went out on monday so there must be a few around

cheers rod

DICER
21-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Trouble starts when you have to worry about the Jacks coming out of the cave and biting you through the wetsuit, rather than the 100 odd whalers about hey.

Superb. I'm glad your still with us.

Glen.m
23-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Great Jacks, wish I got them. For consistancy's sake I can say that I have caught a couple of Green Jobies down around the tweed 9 Mile over previous years. But not that size.

Glen

bundymal
28-01-2006, 12:01 PM
doug
good fish mate would love to get back into diving but the old lungs are shot to many smokes i think lol

cheers
mal

5cougarsthanx
01-02-2006, 06:25 PM
love to have a go at those jacks on rodnreel

roz
02-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Been a while since I've seen a green Job fish over five kilos.

Well done