PDA

View Full Version : Houseboat Hire North QLD

Luke
05-09-2001, 05:32 AM
G,day All,
I've been looking for houseboat hire in Cairns area.Does anyone know of any?Searched on the net and can only find as far north as Hinchinbrooke.I've hit a wall.Can anyone help me on this.
Cheers Luke

Steve_Ooi
05-09-2001, 01:12 PM
Luke i live in Cairns and as far as i know there is no house boat hire here.........By the way the Hinchnbrook is the far better place to go out in a house boat anyway....more fish barra, jacks, trevally, queenies , more water ,plenty of muddies and prawns ....couldn't really ask for too much more.....perfect lifestyle on the water under the stars
If you book in a week on the hinchnbrook you won't regret it...
And while the missus enjoys the comfort of the house boat you can go scooting up the creeks in the tender..... ;D

Cheers Steve O

Luke
05-09-2001, 02:46 PM
G'day Steve,
Thanks for that. I have also been looking at places like Awoonga and Tinaroo.What do you reckon of these?

Brett_Finger
13-09-2001, 02:27 AM
Luc,
mate i would defently look at a houseboat on the Hincnenbrook channel,a friend of mine's parents have the houseboats at cardwell or you could contact hinchenbrook marine at Lucinda who also have house boats,we just stay at Hinchenbrook marin each trip to the place as it is five star accom and right on the water at the mouth of Dundgeness creek,were we have caugh many top class barra.well woth the phone call.
Hookin, Brett

Luke
13-09-2001, 11:18 AM
Good on ya BF,
Is that Hinchinbrook rent a Yacht and the other one at Lucinda Lazycroc?They are the only two I could find.Which one do you reckon is the best of the two?How was your trip down mate?
Cheers Luke

Brett_Finger
14-09-2001, 02:50 AM
Luc,
mate the trip dpwn went smoothly,(thank god) with H/Brook i'd go the Lazy Crock give hinchenbrook marine a ring to sort things out!!
Hookin, Brett

Luke
14-09-2001, 02:53 AM
Thanks Brett,
might have to catch up for that fish.

Brett_Finger
15-09-2001, 06:58 AM
Luc,
no worries, mail me.
Hookin, Brett

Richo1
14-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi Luke,

There are no Houseboats further North than Hinchinbrook/Dunk Island area, as the Waters are concidered too rough(open waters). I hired the "Cloud Nine" from Lazy Croc two years ago and had a great time. Becareful to have a good look over the boat before you go as ours had a leaking gas bottle for the first 4 days until they fixed it, then they charged us for the extra bottle of gas! A bit dodgey on the maintenance side of things otherwise AOK.

Regards,

Richo

sambos
14-04-2007, 08:09 AM
mate im going in may on a houseboat from cardwell we go on to it through sailaustralia.com

NAGG
14-04-2007, 06:35 PM
G,day All,
I've been looking for houseboat hire in Cairns area.Does anyone know of any?Searched on the net and can only find as far north as Hinchinbrooke.I've hit a wall.Can anyone help me on this.
Cheers Luke

Luke Hinchinbrook rentayacht is not too bad ..... but they sting you something severe for the fuel (even if you dont use much) & the cleaning :o go for a drive & check out the boat first as there is a big difference in space / quality .... NAGG
PS you can also hire a bigger tinny with canopy:vrolijk_1: etc (much better than the little polys)