PDA

View Full Version : What a fish!!!

wil39
13-09-2001, 10:37 AM
I have been in WA for 18 months now and have mainly concentrated on fishing in Cockburn sound and out around the Five Fathom Bank off Freo. #These areas are not bad for the odd Skippy, Herring, King George Whiting, and Snapper to name a few. #I had constantly been told about the famous WA Dhufish, to cut a long story short two weeks ago a mate and I ventured out off Freo to about 60m of water and caught ourselves acouple of these prized beauties.:oNeedless to say I am now converted, slowly cooked in the barby, as good as Barra. ;D
wil39

Master_Jig_Builder
18-09-2001, 11:09 AM
G'day Wil.

That would be Cockburn Sound and yes, those Dhufish are worth the work. Great fish.

Have you heard about the deep release rig used for returning under- sized Dhu's without causing any trauma?

If not, then jump onto the Recfishwest site or the local ANSA website for a look at what they are using to drop the Dhu back down again. Great innovation I think.

Master_Jig_Builder
18-09-2001, 11:12 AM
Ok now I get it.

Wil tried to type in the correct spelling for that Sound area and it got converted. Just noticed the same happened to me as well.

I will try this and see if it works "C...ockburn Sound"