PDA

View Full Version : Tackle at the Brisbane Boat Show??

Jim_Linden
19-09-2001, 02:45 PM
We're thinking of making the pilgrimage to the Brisbane Boat Show, and I was wondering if there is normally much in the way of tackle available there?

Not after anything particularly salubrious, just a decent mono cast-net, a re-stock of the braid supply, and some terminal tackle. Also, of course, would not be averse to checking out the lures, etc. but don't anyone mention that to the missus ;D

Just wondering if that sort of thing is normally available at the Show, and are the prices any better than normal (if they're not, I'll probably just make the local tackle bloke happy).

Brett Finger, if you're lurking around this post, Brett and Julie made it up here OK - had dinner last night. Brett tried to teach me how to throw a cast net today - now thinking of getting rid of the net and buying a double-barrel shotgun instead!!

Cheers
Jim Linden

Touchy - R.I.P.
19-09-2001, 03:13 PM
Jim,If you cant find what you posted at the show you ain't even half trying,shop till you drop fella.Cheers Touchy.

Brett_Finger
19-09-2001, 04:34 PM
Jim
mate please if you and cindy come down,i'll be working at the Boat show,come to the Springwood marine stand near the fishing presenters and say hello!! we'll look after you maaaaaaaaaate.
Hookin, Brett

Jim_Linden
21-09-2001, 02:41 AM
Looks like we'll be there on the Sunday, Brett. That's the only day that Harro was sure that he'd be there when we last spoke, and I wanted to catch up with him again.

We were hoping you'd be there, but weren't sure.

While I've got my missus distracted showing her something on your stand, see if you can slip my credit card back out of her purse, and we'll do some business ;D ;D. Mind out for the rat trap!!!!

See ya Sunday,

Cheers
Jim

Master_Jig_Builder
21-09-2001, 03:11 AM
G'day Jim

Usually there is a range of tackle and accessories on offer although I am not sure what the plan is for this year.

In past years there were often good deals going on gear so I imagine that remains the same.

I think they have a few "anti-rat trap crdit card dectector's" on sale as well. Seems like there is a more than fair market for them given the number of blokes turning up at the RBH Emergency Department with damaged fingers!

Muzza
21-09-2001, 01:57 PM
Hey Jim,
Brett and Julie, were the first to thro a flyrod in me hand, damn, now i got one. I'm up past your way soon, so if there's a chance of catchin up email me buddy. Be dribing thru)i think, no good with maps) around the 16/17th Oct.
Cheers
Muzza

Jim_Linden
21-09-2001, 02:34 PM
Good onya, Muzza!

October sounds great - c'mon up and we'll beat that SWF rubbish outta ya, and get you back onto Manns Stretch, Shad Raps, and all the other stuff that real saltwater fishing is made out of ;D ;D

There's a great flyfishing guide up here called Sid Boshammer, and apparently he's a guru on the GT's on fly. He might be worth a trip if you really want to try yourself out. I can take you out in the Haines, no probs, but if you pull out one of those telegraph poles in my boat, you'll get a good look at the inside of the burley pot ;D ;D Didn' ya mother ever tell ya that fly rods are for trout????

I'll drop you an e-mail with all the contact details, mate.

Cheers
Jim

Brett_Finger
22-09-2001, 01:32 AM
Jim,
mate that's great.i'll be at the Springwoodmarie stand,or the casting ally,a fellow showed me last night that the reason i was only hitting a few targets was because i wasn't aiming,well blow me down it works:-)
Harro will be there Today,Sat and Sun. he's rinning me this morning i'll tell him your comming down!!!
Hookin,Brett

Cremated_Reddog
24-09-2001, 05:53 AM
Hey Brett, it's amazing what you can acheive when you aim at a target ;D

aussiebasser
27-09-2001, 03:10 PM
Jim,
mate that's great.i'll be at the Springwoodmarie stand,or the casting ally,a fellow showed me last night that the reason i was only hitting a few targets was because i wasn't aiming,well blow me down it works:-)
Harro will be there Today,Sat and Sun. he's rinning me this morning i'll tell him your comming down!!!
Hookin,Brett

Hey Big Fella,
From what I saw there, it didn't seem to make much difference whether you aimed or not. ::) :D :D :D :D :'(