PDA

View Full Version : bad_trans worm virus!!!

Katrina
02-12-2001, 03:26 PM
>:( Just a warning that some sick individual has been sending this nasty virus via email, in my case my ausfish email address. I received about 10 the other day and 7 today. Do not open and definitely delete anything that you are not expecting, from someone you don't know, (even if you have heard of them ie Harro), with RE: as the topic and the size 42k. Thankfully my anti-virus is up to scratch, and I have suffered no ill effects. Take care!!! :-/

Luke
04-12-2001, 03:30 AM
It got me. Taking the hard drive into HP today as had to format and recover and ended up crashing as the recovery disks are faulty. Lucky I have a laptop aswell. Apologies to anyone on my mailing list who may have recieved mail from me. Delete immediately.
Luke

Amberjack
04-12-2001, 10:28 AM
Luke

Mate, may have got it from me, I found out too late that it had been sent to me and your email is in my address book. There have been a few of this type of virus so I have decided to delete all addresses in my address book and do it the hard (safe) way and write them in as I send emails. Only hope this things can't access folders that have addresses in them from 'sent' and 'received' mail.

David

Luke
04-12-2001, 12:04 PM
Dave,
no didn't come from you but another guy. I'm just going to have to keep on top of my virus protection a bit more.
Cheers Luke

webby
04-12-2001, 03:35 PM
???The Bloody thing has sent my computer haywire,havent
be able to get into inward mail for few days, kept shuting me
down, My apologies if I sent it on to anyone, with this one and
the worm virus e-mails have been coping a pasting lately,
I was a bit slack upgrading my mcfee virus protector.
dont know if i got rid of it yet.

Cremated_Reddog
04-12-2001, 04:22 PM
Hi ppls I dunno if you know but there is a program that checks if your computer needs any fixes and things...will also tell you when Mcafee needs updated dats...
www.bigfix.com download this and away you go, you'll be surprised at how many secruity fixes you are missing and all that other stuff from msn..

Cheers Reddog

Rosso
08-12-2001, 10:43 AM
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp

Free online antivirus software. Dunno if it will fix all of the viruses but it will fix some!

Rosso.

Christine
09-12-2001, 06:02 PM
It got me to. I lost everything on my computer. I've got a big job now putting it all back. I've learned the hard way I've now got the latest PC-Cillin.

Christine