PDA

View Full Version : Henry Palaszczuk on 4BC Fishing Show

Ron_Collins
14-12-2002, 06:01 PM
Hi All

I should have posted this a few hours ago but dropped off to sleep! Sorry.

Queensland Primary Industries Minister, Henry Palaszczuk, will be on the 4BC Fishing Show tomorrow, Saturday. He'll be there via phone from Cairns from about 5.45am. - Ron Collins, Ed.

PS: Looking to the future for those who listen, would you like to hear from him on the show more often, or only on special issues? Would you prefer him to be in the studio for the hour to take and answer calls for a fair bit of that time? Your feedback will be appreciated, and I'll also pass it on to him. - RC.

jaybee
14-12-2002, 06:26 PM
I'd like to see him here in live chat when every one can make it. Not at his convience on the radio. We all cant be listening at that time of morning but most can be here a certain time at night. Put that to him ron i did, and the reply i got was he isnt really computer literate. But then someone is pushing the buttons.
cheers.

krazyfisher
14-12-2002, 06:30 PM
i would love to hear it I would even get up to listen but it does not reach mackay :)

imported_admin
14-12-2002, 07:23 PM
krazyfisher

You can listen to the show on the Net, just go to http://www.4bc.com.au

CHRIS_aka_GWH
15-12-2002, 03:03 AM
listened to Henry P. again this morning & did so last week.

As any tug boat captain knows it far easy to change the direction of a large vessel by running along side it giving it a nudge in the direction you want rather than pushing hard against it.

At last the good ship SS QldGov is heading in our direction (thanks to a lot of hard lobbying by some tireless guys) with a skipper on board with an open mind. We should work actively with him to achieve the outcomes we as rec fishers desire.

Thanks Ron & 4BC for the opportunity to listen to the man speak, you get a better perspective than from a colomn in a paper.

It would be interesting to see an live chat on Ausfish where he would encounter fishos from all sectors of the community - but if the man types at MY speed he may need a good 8hr session. ;D

chris

Araby_Dog
15-12-2002, 04:59 AM
I'd like to see him here in live chat when every one can make it. Not at his convience on the radio. We all cant be listening at that time of morning but most can be here a certain time at night. Put that to him ron i did, and the reply i got was he isnt really computer literate. But then someone is pushing the buttons.
cheers.

How hard would it be to get a "computer literate" typist in front of the terminal and get the Minister to dictate a response.... ???

jaybee
15-12-2002, 05:44 AM
Come on dog that would be logical, is there anything a governement does that appears logical to you, ;D

Lucky_Phill
15-12-2002, 05:51 AM
I am in no way defending the Minister here, But, shoot guys, his portfolio covers Primary Industries And Rural Communities.

I think RC has done a great job to get Henry to the mic over the last couple of weeks, and I was assured by the man, that he listens most weekend mornings and has been busting to get on air.

OK, he's a pollie, and wants to get in the media, but isn't that what WE want him to do. Give us the info, don't keep us in the dark, put a voice and a face to the man responsible for steering the good ship 'SS QLDGOV' in the right direction.

I have all the stats on the Spottie RIS should anyone require the results, please message me and I'll get them right over to you. Very, Very interesting reading. :o :o

krazyfisher
15-12-2002, 07:17 AM
Phill I was interested to read that they can catch up to 100kg a day and it does not got towards there annual catch limit ???