PDA

View Full Version : How low can some go

Kerry
03-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Using NEMO against KIDS (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_827281.html)

imnotoriginal
03-11-2003, 02:20 PM
I hate it when people force their beliefs on other people like that. They want to be vegetarians, that's fine, don't force everyone else to be. Let people make their own decisions and life choices.
Joel

Fisherman02
03-11-2003, 03:03 PM
geez how low can people go?
I justr eckon there shouldn't be any advertising to be a vegetarian or not. As far as I know there weren't any previously
cheers jack

damons33
03-11-2003, 03:04 PM
if its not right to eat flesh why do they call it "meat" and why then does it taste so good! seems like everything thats good is bad with that buncha' crazies hey kezza???
too much blowing the horn without any banging' the drum! those petaphiles take the cake!

Graham_N_Roberts
03-11-2003, 03:37 PM
What a bunch of loosers these vegetarians are ..... Guys or what ever you are..... open ya bloody gob, have a look at ya fangs. They're that of a meat eater and vege eater combined. In short ...humans are built to eat both.

Crikey it's a worry. Pretty soon some fool group of wanks will be tellin' us not to eat veges on humanitarian grounds .... because plants have feeling (which by the way has been proven).

If some fool ever made a law that will stop me eating fish ... fair dinkum mate ya'll have t' throw away the key after lockin' me up, 'cause I'll just keep on doin' it. :o :o :P ;D ;D

bungie
03-11-2003, 04:37 PM
If the meat industry can advertise, then why not the vegetarians ?? As long as they dont make vegetarianism compulsory whats the problem ??

CHRIS_aka_GWH
03-11-2003, 06:03 PM
ADAPTING NEMO PICS ... bastards, who'd sink so low.

Gazza
04-11-2003, 03:01 AM
Vegetables (Peta) have feelings too! #;D ,just no brains #::)

http://www.futurefisherman.org/
;)

Fisheasy
04-11-2003, 05:40 AM
Ultimately it's up to the individual to choose what they will and will not eat. Nutritionists have always encouraged us to eat fish, along with all those other healthy bits and pieces that we should eat but don't ;D
Anyway, Nemo's safe - he's not edible anyway is he?

peterbo3
04-11-2003, 08:32 AM
NO dramas. Let's all turn CANNIBAL [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] right now. Just grab the person next to ya & take a big bite out of his/her/its [smiley=clown.gif] [smiley=clown.gif] [smiley=clown.gif]
leg/arm/whatever. Frresh meat. YUMMMM! What could be more natural. Let's see the greenies bitch about this!!!!
Just be real careful if you are near me & I haven't had lunch. [smiley=chef.gif] [smiley=chef.gif] [smiley=chef.gif] [smiley=chef.gif]

reelcrazy
04-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Before they went to court and banned him, one enterprising hunter/fisherman had registered the domain PETA.com and set up a web site dedicated to:

People Eating Tasty Animals

Up to the time he lost the battle in court, he used to get hundreds of threatening and hate email a week from the peace loving vegetarian element.

Surprised? But then again haven't they reputedly vandalised buildings and farms?

Kerry
04-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Really this organisation is a serious worry and there's nothing they will stop at. If they weren't deadly serious one would find The Drink Beer NOT Milk one (http://www.unb.ca/web/bruns/9900/issue22/nuts/beer.html) even funny.

Unfortuneately they have some high profile people in high places and one wouldn't put anything past this lot [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

Cheers, Kerry.

jaybee
04-11-2003, 01:28 PM
where its scary is young minds are impressionable, nemo has grossed some big dollars world wide that equates to very large young audience, the spin off from this could have some very serious ramifications when you think of it. Starting in the family home, i can just see kids telling mum and dad they are not eating any fish or meat. Just wondering if Disney productions put their money where their mouth is how much would they lose in the long run, i know i wouldnt let my kids near a disney movie if they were pushing vegetarianism, my kids can make up their mind when they are old enough.
cheers

fishing_tails
04-11-2003, 01:48 PM
My wife eats meat...MOSTLY mine ha ha ha..LOL...the peta should get a life i understand there just concern..but they should'nt TARGET kids..to sell vegerterianism to the masses

Fisherman02
04-11-2003, 03:38 PM
geez mate there are young kids on this forum ::) LOL
cheers jack
p.s mind u i cant speak i have said worst

wizard
04-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Must say I do enjoy Mango's and fresh lettuce BESIDE my baked snapper,anyway what sort of fish is Nemo and would he be any good in stir fry?
Wizard

bungie
04-11-2003, 04:57 PM
i know i wouldnt let my kids near a disney movie if they were pushing vegetarianism, my kids can make up their mind when they are old enough.

surely, to be able to make up their minds when they are old enough, means they have to get both sides of the story. I'm an atheist, but my daughters go to a catholic school. They need to see both sides to be able to make a informed decision. They need to see vegetarian and carnivorous outlooks to make an informed decision.

jaybee
04-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Thats the debate in welfare today bungie, "when is a child old enough to be aware of consequences of their decisions" some say as young as 8 some say 14. As you said the kids need to see both sides, but at what age are they old enought to be aware of their decisions. And it doesnt help having disney productions pushing stuff down their throat eh. mho
cheers

bungie
04-11-2003, 05:13 PM
:)

bugman
05-11-2003, 03:59 AM
Gentlemen,

You're overlooking an interesting angle to this debate.

Wholesale turn in people's eating habits against animals. Fish consumption drops 2 fold. Commercial fishing sector halves it's catchrate - rec fisherman double theres ;D ;D

It's all supply and demand.

Bugman

TimNQ
05-11-2003, 07:24 AM
Anyway, Nemo's safe - he's not edible anyway is he?

Yea hes safe from the table but the clown fish is become a highly sort after fish now. Parents are under the impression that you can get one of these fish and chuck it in a fish bowl and change the water once or twice a month. Before long our beautifull clown fish will be hard to come by and so will the enenimies as they find it hard to live without a clownfish feeding them.
I think instead of focusing on vegitarianism they could focus on animal cruelty such as getting a clown fish just because youve seen the movie. I dont think its a bad thing to advertise vegitarianism but i think that disney could focus on something else thats worth while and not trying to force this way of life on impressionable younge people. Its obvious they have the power to get into young peoples minds so why not use that power on something good rather than vegitarianism which only affects a few of us.
On another note i gotta say that the movie was awsome, who else liked it?
Tim

PinHead
05-11-2003, 12:41 PM
I have not seen the film and never will..but isn't nemo an animated character?? If he is then who cares what it is used for. I enjoy vegetarian tucker..I just love hearing the tomato scream when I start to cut it..and the beetroot..you would not believe how they whine when you cut them. As for onions..they just bring a tear to your eyes.

Meat....mmmmmmmmmmmm..give me some created animal anyday to go along with my slaughtered vegetable..I love the killing involved.

Hell..it is just like me and smoking..I give it up everyday..but alas, when I wake the next morning I take it up again.

Do people really take advertising seriously or any other form of trying to get messages across..the vego brigade can use Nemo or anything/anyone else..who cares.

Anyone else the Billboards around Brisbane??

BRISBANE'S WORST VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT
The Norman Steakhouse.

Oh well..time to eat...cow cadaver and live veges boiled...mmmmmmmmmmmmm.