PDA

View Full Version : broadwater the new sahara

gibbson
14-11-2003, 04:04 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HAS NOTICED THAT THE BROADWATER IS SLOWLY TURNING INTO THE SAHARA. IN THINK THE DAY IS COMING WHEN WE WILL BE LEFT WITH 1 MAIN CHANNEL AT LOW TIDE.IT HAS SILTED UP BADLY SINCE THE ADVENT OF WAVE BREAK ISLAND.I JUST WOUNDER WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE IN 10 YRS.WE ALL KNOW HOW WELL OUR LOCAL COUNCILS DREDGE OUR SILTED WATERWAYS :P.WELL I GUESS ON THE BRIGHT SIDE ITS THE 1 THING THE COAST DOESN'T HAVE ITS OWN DESERT AND A WATERFRONT ONE AT THAT.

mackmauler
14-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Yes lucky Phill would be able to provide details to confirm that ;D yes???

Lucky_Phill
14-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks Rob, Yes there is sandbars where once was deep water.

Don't talk on mobile phones and drive around the Broadwater....................Yabbie heaven :P

Cloud_9
15-11-2003, 01:51 PM
yep the mangroves are starting to cum up in the middle of the broadwater just south of wave break island

gibbson
21-11-2003, 03:24 PM
yes i think we will be seeing more than just mangroves poping up in the middle soon

Kerry
21-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Developers would call that progress and there's bugga all that will undevelop it.

Fortuneately there's still parts of Qld left where the locals are actually telling the developers just where to get off, and it's not before time either.

The real estate agent and developers exponential growth expectation simply can't go on forever, it has to be stopped somewhere by somebody.

Cheers, Kerry.