PDA

View Full Version : Charter Operator, Opinion !

Lucky_Phill
13-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Due to liable laws, I don't believe I am able to name names or use extracts from a publication, word for word, but.

A charter operator, that has a " slow rolly " boat that departs 1770 and writes in #a Fishing Magazine from the Fraser Coast area. #

IN a story he wrote for the November edition, he says. #and I don't quote.

The Holiday weather did allow the Trailerable Parasites to venture out to the reef.

Now, I don't know about you people, but I have taken a real offence at this description. #This person is in a positon of responsibility, not only to his clients on board his vessel, but also to the readers of his reports. #And some of them own boats, and have travelled to areas that he fishes. ( Not that he owns the ocean in that area ).

I am in the process of contacting him and the editor of the magazine for their " take " on his comments !

Your thoughts on this ?

For further info, you may contact me by PM.

Cheers # Phill

nictim
13-11-2004, 12:00 PM
"Trailable Parasites" could be talking about my brother up there
I would put my money on my brother coming home with a feed any day ( sticks & stones)

Mick
13-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Appauling! I am guessing that at one stage this person would of also been a trailable parasite? >:(

Zeeke
13-11-2004, 12:06 PM
he's not talking about jetski's is he?

if he isnt? cut him off at the knee's.. see how much of a big man he is when people take offence

Tim

Wild_Side
13-11-2004, 12:16 PM
What a D*&% head >:(. 99.9 percent of his clients "would own" or "would like to" own a boat of some type. And any operator out there that looks at his clients like that won't last to long in bussiness :P. All I can say is, good on ya phill. STICK IT TO EM.

Wild Side

Fitzy
13-11-2004, 01:46 PM
IMHO, charter operators, bait/tackles store owners & tourist parks who write fishing reports are commonly (not always) pushing an alternative barrow, that is get as many people to go to "their" little operation so they can get a buck or two from them.
Assuming that Phil's report is correct, for the author to refer to trailer boat owners and/or anglers as "parasites" shows they ARE pushing their own barrow & should be boycotted & railroaded out of the writting game, lock stock & barrel.
Now if the author wants a right of reply to my comments, feel free to give me a call or email.

Regards,

Fitzy..

bay_firey
13-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Phil

It is already in the public domain. As long as the due credits (author, publication, date etc) were given I don't think there would be anything they could say or do. Would there ? #???

The company I work for has a lot of "parasites" (particularly the main person who books advertising) and may just like to see that, and with a bit of encouragement could pull their advertising from that particular "L__s G_ F__h__g" publication.

The editor (who should have proof read the afor mentioned crap) of the vaguely refered to publication may also be the president of a local Boat Club (whoops did I say Boat Club, meant boating club), and Fishing club, which also has a Powerboat squadron attached and I am sure he will be rapped with the publicity

I didn't name names did I #:o :o ::)

PS
Phil, you may feel free to delete this if it flies a too close to the wind 8) 8)

caveman
13-11-2004, 03:59 PM
phil can you pm the email addy of thmag so we can email our concerns to the ED

dfox
13-11-2004, 04:13 PM
PM me to phil .id like the details...foxy

searaider
13-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Phil ,
can you also PM me the Info , I'd like to have a look at the article . I'm sure that after I read it , I'll be contacting the editor and letting him know that if his writers are allowed to show contempt to fishermen & the readers . I'll be doing the same with his magazine. >:(

Peter
Searaider 2

-spiro-
13-11-2004, 07:48 PM
I bet that he hasn't got these words on his promo pamplet"Trailerable Parasites" ::) I dont think he would have many clients on his charters

PinHead
14-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Phill..pm me with the publication name and edition so I can go an buy it and I will gladly post it on here as a quote with due reference to the publication concerned...there is no libel laws pertaining to quoting an item in a publicly sold item. To my way of thinking the libel should be against the author by labelling people like that, however, without specific names for the parasites he refers to then I doubt that would also have any legal standing.

notts_so
14-11-2004, 09:15 AM
Phol pm me as well would like to have a sqizz .

agnes_jack
14-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Interesting!
I have just chucked all his advertising brochures in the rubbish!!!
There will be no more recommendations heading in that direction, thats for sure!

Regards, Tony >:(

dfox
14-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Way to go tony! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]

damons33
14-11-2004, 10:23 AM
it could be just a "tongue in cheek" expression! but.....

# #this is where so many tourist/hospitality operators fall into trouble! you must be able to make people feel good! about even catching nothing! saying something like that, it doesn't say alot about the "mans" cliental liason- seems hes making excuses for no fish before he even leaves port.
# the thing about charter operations is alot of the skippers are from trawlers and pro-ops so, as a concirquence don't have alot of people skills- "the customer is always right"! funny how so many business's forget that.
hey i would rather go out in a planing vessel then any "tug boat", and looking at the bizzo' i would go on a charter with someone like mark "mono" steward- hey isn't his boat a trailer boat.
#a funny charter is one thats a constant "piss up" catching hussar! with a skipper thats permanently fuched off.

# the squeeze is on for the equitable use of this over-exploited resource- things dont look bright for pros and charter operators as science takes stock of our ocean and calculates the $/kilo rate of the user returns to "our" economy.
# damon

#

caveman
15-11-2004, 04:02 PM
email sent the only prob is i forgot to sign it

as trailerable parrasite

but i did put my name to it

dazza
16-11-2004, 05:09 AM
geez he is going to have the shits in feb when the Ausfish parasites hit the place ;D ;D ;D
i be sure to drive up nice and close and say hi [smiley=furious2.gif]
cheers
dazza

jimbob
16-11-2004, 05:20 AM
Maybe we should all get together & start our own fishing mag maybe we could title it trailer boat parasites Im sure with evryones knowledge we would make a killing. Then we could put some of the profit back into recreational or trailer boat parasite fishing. What do yas think.

Lucky_Phill
16-11-2004, 02:16 PM
The editor and the corrospondent have thus far failed to contact me.

The magazine is "Let's Go Fishing". Published by the Maryborough Herald for Maryborough Hervey Bay Newspaper Company Pty Ltd. Printed by the Bundaberg News Mail.

The writer of the article is Peter Budd ( Captain Peter ' pirate ' Budd ), who operates Silver Dolphin Charters, with his boat " Coral Sea". He departs from The Town of 1770.

His article appears on page 7, of the November Issue.

I am unsure if this magazine is available at your local newsagent, but I'm sure they can get one in for you. I am a subscriber to this publication.

I will, post any contact or corrospondence from either party, should they deem fit to do so.

Cheers Phill

ba229
17-11-2004, 06:15 AM
No point in getting the local newsagent to get it in for you. That just makes their sales increase and increased sales means the writer did a good job right?

p.s. you are an angry bunch of fisho's. It must be windy at the moment ;D

kleiny
17-11-2004, 06:47 AM
Hi guys i have the paragraph that you are all talking about. i think reading the whole article this guy is having trouble catching anything decent & is getting frustrated with the average joe. ::)

bugman
17-11-2004, 07:27 AM
I guess I'm one of them because that's where I was recently.

Also anchored and spent the night in both Musgrave and Fitzroy Lagoon. Didn't realise this bloke felt that others were intruding on HIS place.

Someone should tell him I'm going up again in two weeks and that they'll be a load of parasites floating around that area next February. ;D

Bugman

Mad_Barry
17-11-2004, 08:41 AM
what's the bet that the official line will be,... 'a mistake by a part time, junior assistant sub editor' ? # :(

or if this is him, maybe he just had a problem living up to this part of his advertising,

Ensured catch - bring home plenty of fish!

http://www.silverdolphincharters.com/

Zeeke
18-11-2004, 05:05 AM
ive seen that boat!!

now i know who your talking about because ive spoken to him before.. seemed like another tool at the time with a really big boat, sure didnt like us pulling up at the jetty at 1770 to get 100 litres of fuel

Tim

jimbob
18-11-2004, 05:57 AM
maybe we should all send him Email bombs care of the trailable parasites

Jeremy
18-11-2004, 06:34 AM
I think there are some people who the term 'trailerable parasites' could be applied to. The groups who take big portable freezers with them on their hollidays and fill them with fish and fillets to take back home.

If I lived in paradise and saw people filling freezers, I think I might use that terminology too.

Don't know whether this is what he meant or not...just a thought.

Jeremy

adriancorrea
18-11-2004, 12:46 PM
He sure is getting alot of publicity now though LOL :D ;D ;)
Maybe you should put their email on here for all us parasites to send him emails lol

Tight Lines
Adrian

searaider
18-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Snapperone ,
Lucku_Phil has already posted the e-mail address for the paper in question ( LETS GO FISHING ) , have a look at Phils earlier part of this post .

GUYS
I sent the Editor an E-Mail last night , advising him of my disapointment in the comment in the article by Peter Budd , calling Trailer Boat owners PARASITES & also said that this type of comment could only do harm to his normally excellent Fishing Paper .
I also asked is he could forward the e-mail on to Peter Budd & advised that I would look forward to a reply on the subject .

I'll let you know if I get a reply , but I wont be holding my breath waiting .

HANDS UP WHO SENT E-MAILS BACK TO LETS GO FISHING
It will be interesting to know the numbers & if any of us get a reply .

Peter
Searaider 2

Lucky_Phill
20-11-2004, 11:07 AM
I recieved a reply by email today from Captain Peter Budd.

Without repeating word for word, the jist of the email went:-

It's just a saying I use to fellow boaties I know up there who use smaller craft. That phrase didn't mean to get past the editors desk. He went on to tell about small pleasure craft punching in GPS spots, where he is fishing and how he needs to protect 'his' fishing spots.

He further, apologised for the wording . " if it offended me ".

He even went further, and suggested I " come on board and say hello, if ever you are up this way ".

Yeah right Pete ! In ya dreams.

So far, no response from the Editor of the Mag.

Cheers Phill