PDA

View Full Version : Fishing from Cabbage Tree Point

ozkat
02-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Gday all, i havent been here for a while due to illness, anyway a mate and i are putting the boat in a Cabbage Tree Point on Sunday morning (not early bout 9am at low tide) never fished that area before but have a map of the waterways, any advice/tips? Going to pump yabbies for bait if i find a good yabbie bank. Im not after your best spots just a bit of a hand. Cheers Ozkat

ShaneJ
03-06-2006, 08:54 PM
If you head up to the mouth and just around to the left out of the channel in shallow, you might get some good flathead. I have had some good success at that spot.

ozkat
04-06-2006, 07:36 AM
thanks Shanej ill give it a try.

longtail
04-06-2006, 04:44 PM
head up towards the power lines , there is plenty of good yabbie banks around there ;)

cheers
jason

ozkat
04-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Well went fishing from Cabbage Tree Point today for the first time, what a bloody great day. Perfect weather, caught a few fish, 3 good eating sized Flatties, half a dozen bream, about 10 whiting (released the whiting tho) 4 or 5 Flounder/Sole released as well. Sorry i didnt get any pics of the fish. But had a bloody great day with a mate of mine. Best of all NO jetskis and everyone who was there slowed when passing each other. The only blemish of the day was loosing a really big lizard just as my mate got it near the boat. Ive never laughed so hard. Anyway great day. I think ill be up there over the long weekend now with my family. Cheers Shayne

ShaneJ
04-06-2006, 09:26 PM
head up towards the power lines , there is plenty of good yabbie banks around there ;)

cheers
jason

Wheres the power lines? :-?

Darryl
04-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Head over to the house straight over from the ramp, Nugget reports tailor schooling up there.

Power lines run from north of the boat ramp over to rocky point on Russell Island.

Darryl.