PDA

View Full Version : Lost my winch handle

rajawolf
11-10-2005, 01:31 AM
lost my winch handle after leaving boat ramp at Fingal on sunday 9/10/05...maybe someone found it?....this is the 3rd this year, I keep forgetting its a removable handle and not fixed. #:-/

fishin_till_late
18-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I lost mine not too long ago and boy it annoys me. And this one wasnt too far away from Fingal just at the Lakes drive boatramp near seaguls. Some people say they get stolen some say they fall off. I still havent replaced mine and luckily ive only got a light 12 ft tinny. Where abouts were u towing it too/from?

rajawolf
19-10-2005, 12:49 AM
fishin_till_late,

It was the last ramp on the south side of the tweed river.. a few klms back from the bar..i forget what the ramp is called..as i just know where it is never look at street signs ::)

I live across the border a bit in Qld..just went to tweed for a run in the boat.. last time I went to the Broadwater ramp backed the boat down the ramp..and went to unhook the winch strap and no frigging handle..i left it at home. ::)

I would have welded it on after that but the winch has 3 gears and u need to move the handle to each slot...

Think i might go buy a cheap electric winch...as i can see myself losing many handles.

Cheers,

Tony

Black_Jack
25-10-2005, 09:09 PM
I lost my last winch handle at raby bay boat rap. since then i have replaced my winch for another one (old one wore out) it has a slot and bearing that stops the handle from falling off. Now if i leave it on its just the theives i have to watch for

geoff

bungie
26-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Make my loading habitual, winch boat onto trailer, then handle goes in to the anchor well before doing up the safety chain, then drive up the ramp and tie off the boat. If I don't follow rituals I end up at home with an empty tailer :)

turkey_beach_boy
26-10-2005, 09:59 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gbanger
04-11-2005, 04:59 PM
mine fell off the other day while i was driving, but luckily i heard it and pulled over...

Bundaberg_Bandit
09-11-2005, 04:22 PM
I reckon a spot or two from a welder would fix that problem ;D ;D ;D

Rainbowrunner
29-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Ive done it a few times too
Last boat I tacked it on with a welder
Just need to get this boat near a welder ::)

PeterT
14-02-2006, 02:26 PM
new trailer has (had) removable handle. Got into the ruitine of putting it in anchor well. Lost it trice on the ramp, but found it again. I drilled a 6mm hole through handle and nut and bolted it on with stainless bolt and nylock. If needs be I can undo with fishing pliers and leatherman and shift it to the other gears, but havn't needed to.

Be careful welding with the boat on the trailer, should be ok, but stray current can cook some expensive electrics.

pete

outsiderskip
23-04-2006, 06:13 AM
If u need boat handles
coast guards usually have plenty
everyboby leaves them behind

cheers pete

marlinqld
08-06-2006, 06:17 AM
I'll check the winch handle stock levels at Raby Bay VMR on Monday. LOL #;)

Unfortunately my crew got the roster for the Monday holiday. # :o ;) :-X :-/

iank
10-06-2006, 09:31 PM
have 1 I found last year, if anyone wants it just let me know thru this forum.
Cheers Ian