PDA

View Full Version : disposal crab pots

jungles
27-07-2006, 09:40 AM
After reading all the posts on crab pot loss I thought I would let you all know what we use to do in the NT. #Made our own disposal crab post out of chook wire. #Just made a cylinder out of the wire about two feet diameter and folded the ends inwards. #Then used some strong green cord and used milk bottles as floats. #Never lossed a pot except when it got snagged. #Lost a few crabs though. #But the look on a thiefs face when he saw just the netting is one of dissapointment. Over heard a couple of blokes in the Berrimah pub about lifting other blokes post and they were really pi$%ed off. # Very cheap and also very easy to stow in your boat. #Bit hard to explain to a fishing inspector what the wire was for but anything is explainable if you have a good story, (keeping the pigs out of your camp, etc) #Catch ya, #Jungles

Fiji_fish_head
02-10-2006, 11:22 AM
mate give us a photo of this great invention!!!!!!! ;D

fundi
13-10-2006, 08:26 AM
If your loosing pots or having them pulled try one float one rope a large block of concrete and half a dozen hooks tied up the rope

they lift that and jam a hook in there hand then the concrete takes over

yeeehaaaa!!!!!!

griz066
13-10-2006, 09:40 AM
If your loosing pots or having them pulled try one float one rope a large block of concrete and half a dozen hooks tied up the rope

they lift that and jam a hook in there hand then the concrete takes over

yeeehaaaa!!!!!!

[smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=smash.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]

rcfisher
22-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a good plan.

sooty66
24-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Breaqt idea, may have to try that one out....

I suppose you could call that the "Catch of the Day"

No need to remove the barb either, crab pot thieves deserve everything they get, including septuseamia!!!

Dirtysanchez
24-10-2006, 03:26 PM
No need to remove the barb either, crab pot thieves deserve everything they get, including septuseamia!!![/quote]

LoL, Septuseamia, aren't they a grunge band out of seattle ?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sooty66
24-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Don't know about the band - #I'll ask my 16 year goth son!!!

but you'd reckon that you'd definitely see the bastards coming with a nasty infection that shit causes

Like those thieves over in the middle east who have their hand cut off and head tarred. #Everyone knows what they've been doing. #

So if the bastard come down to the boat ramp with a nasty infection, give em a gob full and I dare say they might think twice about stealing your pots...

We can only dream

Geoff_Atkinson
24-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Mates,

I reckon the infection would set in quicker if you use some of those rusty old hooks you find in the bottom of your tackle box

Dirtysanchez
25-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Searaider, thats just downright mean and nasty...

Well done mate, I like it :D

Reef_fisher
06-11-2006, 06:13 PM
I think I am going to have a busy weekend. How long does concrete take to set. ;D ;D ;D

Sea-Dog
07-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Here's a link to a US site with details on how to build your own mesh pots.

They may need to be adapted a bit, but worth a look.

http://www.blue-crab.org/crabpot/

Cheers, Sea-Dog