PDA

View Full Version : Beware - Thieves afoot

tangles_48
06-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Just a general warning for boaties buying bait at the
Gem Bait & Tackle Shop - make sure you have someone watching your boat while inside. I lost 2 brand new crab pots today while buying bait. The pots were definitely loaded before I left home Unfortunately didn't notice they'd gone until my mate and I got to the Cabbage Tree Point boat ramp and prepared to bait them :'(. Lesson learned the hard way.

Reef_fisher
06-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Never ceases to amaze me that these oxygen theives can sleep at night. The B#$%&ds can really stuff your day. I have been on my way to fish and stopped at the local shop to buy smokes, I crossed the road and then turned around to do a check a saw two kids eyeing off the boat and all the gear in racks etc. They bolted when they realised I was watching them. >:( >:(

Funnily enough it doesn't seem to matter where you live.

Poodroo
06-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Maybe thieves would think twice if the laws were like in the Arab countries. Get caught stealing once and you lose a finger. Do it again (totally mad if you do) and you lose a whole hand. I know I would think twice about stealing.

Poodroo

4x4frog
06-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Maybe thieves would think twice if the laws were like in the Arab countries. Get caught stealing once and you lose a finger. Do it again (totally mad if you do) and you lose a whole hand. I know I would think twice about stealing.

Poodroo
I totally agree, but can you imagine the Civil rights people and Terry O'gorman carrying on if that was ever passed. ;D
He'd be so up in arms but I wonder what he'd do if anyone nicked anything of his. I bet there is honor among the low-lifes because he defends all whenevr they do wrong, they have rights you know >:(

CHRIS_aka_GWH
07-11-2006, 06:27 AM
terry fails to smell the stench of the society he is helping create from his upper floor office.

Dirtysanchez
07-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Yep, they are all mongrels.
When I had my boat I had it parked on the spare block next to the house I was renting. The guy I shared the place with owned a Staffy bull terrier, who never barked.

One night we were watching TV and I was about to call it a night when the dog barked, 3 times.. errhh ? I says.. so we go out the side with a torch to see whats going on... there is a WB Holden ute reversing up the hill towards my boat ! >:(

We ran up the hill and let the dog out and he gave chase too. :o
I lobbed a rock at the ute, got him !! what a shot says Ritchie, bounced one off the bonnet into square leg. And they were off like a flash

I bought the dog 2 T bone steaks that night, a good lad he was !! ;D
(and 6 mtrs of 20mm Gal chain, and a good padlock too)

JEWIENEWIE
08-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Ahhhhh....... The beauty of a bull terrier. I used to have a pit bull terrier, the best anti theft device there is. They dont normally bark until they have hold of your arm or leg then it is to late. I woke one night to hear a low rumble growl coming from the shed, i investigated to find some young punk in the corner of the shed with my 6'8 surfboard under his arm and my beloved security system had him bailed up in the corner, he was going no where, called the cops and told them not to rush it is under control.
Jewie

4x4frog
09-11-2006, 07:49 AM
;DSanchez and Jewie, those 2 stories are GOLD....
As much as I dislike funniest home videos those moments of feared looks on the low-lifes faces would be ultimate winners ;)