PDA

View Full Version : Lost Bream outfit.... "Cry"

BrandonH
20-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey all,

Was fishing with my dad on Saturday up the pine. was looking like a great morning untill about 9:30 we move to the other side of the river and go to pickup our rods and my old boys rod wasn't in the rod holder where he had put it :'( Was lost quite a way past the highway bridge but probablly is half way to moreton by now :(

Details:

7' Shimano TCurve tournament
Shimano Stella 2500 loaded with
10lb fireline 14lb leader and a 3inch pumpkinseed stickbait :'(

If anyone is good enough to find this and return it to us we would be very very grateful. We will also give you a carton of your choice...

Cheers
Brandon...

atlantic_salmon
21-11-2006, 05:31 AM
does'nt that make you sick, im fishing the pine on a regular basis at the moment so i will keep an eye out, nice grunter he picked up though, do you have a rough area where it went swimming...

gonegonefishin
21-11-2006, 04:43 PM
of all combo's you could loose into the water..... :S will keep an eye ou too mate.

imnotoriginal
21-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Ouch, that's got to hurt :o Good luck mate, I couldn't bring myself to own something that expensive, I'd be sick with worry...
Joel

BrandonH
22-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I know :-[ I own a similar combo witch is a rack raider and stradic. A little less painfull on the hip pocket if lost but I still don't want to think about it :'(

thanks guys for the offers of to return it. I do hope for my dads sake a kind ausfisher like yourselves find it first..

It was lost in front of Klugers rocks (just before the bend in the river where there is a green marker for the second sunken bardge). I doubt very much that it is still in that reach of the river. We initially thought it would sink stright to the bottom but thinking about it, its probablly the lightest combo you could get and probablly sunk half way to the bottom before the tide got it. (was about 30mins after hightide :(). It might be caught up in the mangroves, or up against an old crab pot or even against the bardges near the bridge.. who knows..

thanks again Ausfishers :) its good to see there are still some decent aussies out there [smiley=beer.gif]

Cheers
Brandon...

Big_unit
24-11-2006, 04:47 AM
Crikey thats got to be a proper b@st@rd. >:( >:( >:( I know steam would be pumping out of my head over it.

mikedel
25-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Chances are it would end up in the net of one of the beam trawlers that hammer the Pine. Those nets they use drag along the bottom.