PDA

View Full Version : crabbing the passage

Bruff1
15-10-2006, 03:20 PM
i would just like to say to the germ who stole 4 of my 60$ crab pots >:( >:( >:( >:( if anybody is thinking of crabbing the passage sit on your pots

gunna
15-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Mongrels aren't they :( >:( >:(. Was that up the top end or down south ?

Bruff1
15-10-2006, 08:38 PM
out the front of ningi i went out to red beach and left the pots in. caught 15 nice whiting and the three pots they didnt take all had legal sandies so it wasnt all doom and gloom

nuffy
16-10-2006, 09:26 PM
these thieving mongrels are getting away with this all to often. id love to hear some stories if anyone has caught these pricks to ease the pain of losing gear, i know id love to catch them and show them how a mackerel feels when it comes aboard my boat.

Shitty_Master
17-10-2006, 07:23 PM
these thieving mongrels are getting away with this all to often. id love to hear some stories if anyone has caught these pricks to ease the pain of losing gear, i know id love to catch them and show them how a mackerel feels when it comes aboard my boat.

I dont live anywhere near Qld, NSW ect and only have very limited knowledge on the nets but I think I know they kind anyway what do these pricks do once they have taken your net? Do they sell it or what?

esselte
23-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Well i asume they keep them. i haven't had any pots taken but last time i had them out i retrieved them collapsed with bait clips missing. Better then been taken i suppose.

Jayj

pedostool
10-01-2007, 01:40 PM
pricks....yes u would like to catch them an see how they crab with no fingers :-/

hungry6
11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
It's been so rampant in regads to stolen crab pot in the pumicestone passage, just about every 2nd person I talk in donnybrooks or toorbul has lost pots over the xmas break, someone must have a mountain of pots sitting somewhere. The only thing I can think of, if you've been crabbing the mouth of Ningi creek, there has been alot of weed of late and the weeds can build up and float your pots away, sometime it pays to snoop around and colour code your floats so you know it's your pots that you're lifting away from it original position.
I colour code my pots nowaday and they're no longer collapsible so if anyone scoots around I can easily spot my own.

robersl
23-01-2007, 07:54 PM
hi guys as a person who crabs the passage a lot make sure you have heaps of rope on them and big floats the tide and current takes a lot for a ride and people think the get stolen there is a lot of weed at the moment an it pulls the floast down as well. i seen a couple come floating past the other day, i have also lost a few like that but if look up stream or down depending on what way the tide is running you will probaly find them they get wasd into shallower water and pop to the top again that is why there are so many disgarded pots on the banks in pumicestone passage

shane

alby-mac
05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
seem to be a common problem, up here in mackay we call it share farming. recently read article in local paper where fishos put micro chips in crabs in pots and they didnt have to wait long. offenders got steep fines .this should become common practice. we have a lot more places to hide pots up here but it is still happening. my only advice is try and be as sneaky as the theives and keep one eye on them. good luck alby.