PDA

View Full Version : The Verminator 2 - Video

bidkev
06-12-2006, 06:54 AM
This was shot one spring weekend. The video doesn't do justice to the big shovellies as 2 of 'em went over 9ft :o

A total of 14 shovellies over 2 metres were caught in a 2 day period and many more between a metre and 2 metres. Unfortunately so were 5 turtles. We now no longer fish this spot in order to reduce the impact on the turtle population........they seem to be fairly populous in this area as do the large shovellies and shark.

All fish were caught on whole fresh squid and released.

Not a very glamorous prey with few fast runs but pure brute force is their weapon and when they want to take line it is very hard to stop 'em as they use the tide and hugging the sandy bottom to their advantage. Nice eating too, but as you can see from their size, it doesn't take many to feel the freezer

26_v8VQITkA

kev

Lifestyle
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Always woundered what they would be like to eat. Great fun to catch there mate. Good sport fish.

I_Like_Fish
22-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Not the best call posting the turtle catch.....just the sort of thing the greenies eat up :-/.

tunaman
27-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Kingtin. Ive just watched your vid, and you handled it well. Sometimes shit happens. The comment above was not called for.

signed tunaman

RCG008
14-01-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm with tunaman. After seeing the vid and knowing you handled all very well and taught your kids at the same time. Well done. I too have mistakinly hooked a turtle and their was no way of preventing it. As long as they are treated well and released I cant see the problem.