PDA

View Full Version : Strudwick fly rods!!

Brett_Finger
02-09-2001, 04:08 PM
Fellas,
'had a flick today with a new "Struddy 8# TPS" simpley the nicest rod i have evey cast ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hookin, Brett "I Gotta get Me One!!" Finger

Randall
03-09-2001, 06:01 AM
Fellas,
'had a flick today with a new "Struddy 8# TPS" simpley the nicest rod i have evey cast ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hookin, Brett "I Gotta get Me One!!" Finger

Big fella, maybe you should get a job with Struddie mate!!
Arguably the best rep they could have on board.

Regards, Randall.

Touchy - R.I.P.
05-09-2001, 02:32 AM
What price range are we looking at for the #8?,Do you think I will be able to check them out at the boat show ?.T.

Fitzy
05-09-2001, 11:03 AM
What price range are we looking at for the #8?,Do you think I will be able to check them out at the boat show ?.T.

Hi Touchy,
I'm sure you be able to check out the Struddy range at the Brissy Boat Show. Probably at the Springwood Marine stand.
I don't know if there'll be any room there for you to test drive one, you may have to go outside for that this year.
Don't quote me on this though.
Cheers,

GF

Touchy - R.I.P.
06-09-2001, 02:15 AM
Fitz.Yeah I did hear there was'nt going to be the fly casting alley this year.Bummer!!. T. :-[

Fitzy
06-09-2001, 04:36 AM
Yeah unfortunately it appears than the casting alley will be plug casting only this year.
This should be no reflection on the BIAQ nor the Fishing Expo team, as it is a space restriction from the Convention Centre itself. Talking with King Billy Corten, he would have loved to have the flycasting included but just couldn't shoehorn it into the available space.

Wesley_Pang
06-09-2001, 03:09 PM
"No Happy Jan!!!!" :(

No casting for flyrods.

I was looking forward to having a go at some of the rods. I was hoping to try some of those Titanium rod.

Trying new gear is one of the attractions of a fishing show.

I'll still go though I guess.

Wes ???

harro
08-09-2001, 02:28 AM
The TPS series rate amongst the lightest, most responsive
flyrods ever made and will make looooooong casts. As fish fighting tools they're not DBT's. They're only made up to an #8wt...I have a #10 experimental if anyone wants a cast sometime....soon as my shoulder heals properly and there's a longcast comp on, it's there...Seriously though, for work
with Clousers and saltwater fish, I's go for the greater durability of the DBTs. Rod materials containing exotic compounds that push the envelope become a little vunerable when casting and fighting technique becomes accident prone.

george
09-09-2001, 07:42 AM
We had a meeting of the stocking group last wednesday night and Scott Tucker who recently attended the World fly fishing in Norway/Sweden, and came 5th out of 110, said that Strudick's had supplied the rods and they were very good,
he couldn't remember the model but said they were blue in colour, he is no mug with the wand

cheers

george

Travis
12-09-2001, 10:12 AM
l can confirm guys that Springwood Marine will have the new range of TPS fly,baitcast and spin rods at the brisbane boat show.

See ya there

Travis

Brett_Finger
12-09-2001, 03:42 PM
Travis,
Great news mate will be letting all the boys know ;D
good to see a great Aussie product takeing on the best rod manufracters in the world,head to head :D
Hookin, Brett

Christine
15-09-2001, 07:20 AM
We had a meeting of the stocking group last wednesday night and Scott Tucker who recently attended the World fly fishing in Norway/Sweden, and came 5th out of 110, said that Strudick's had supplied the rods and they were very good,
he couldn't remember the model but said they were blue in colour, he is no mug with the wand

cheers

george

The rods in question wereTPS 9' 6# and a 9'6" 7# all were 4 piece prototypes. All were built by Brisbane based rod crafter Eric Grell. He is the designer and builder of all the new spin/bait casters now on the market.

Travis
18-09-2001, 06:18 PM
The new TPS struddy fly rods wont be ready for the show :'(,Eric Grell is a tadd snowed under with a huge amount of rods due to the popular demand that strudwick have created.

But the baitcast and spin TPS's will be there in huge numbers along with the BWS rods,and lets not forget the DBT's which are still going strong.

travis

kipper
30-09-2001, 07:20 AM
hi gents,

ive just found this site and it seems pretty good. i am interested in these strudwick fly rods, are they oz only ?? im in the scottish highlands and ive never heard of them. ive got a couple of orvis rods 7wt & 4wt but im always looking out for something different and better. can some one give me an idea of what a 7wt 10 ft med/fast action 4 and 2 pc would set me back.

cheers,

peter

imported_admin
30-09-2001, 10:32 AM
Hi

You can find info, pricing, etc. on the Strudwick range at
http://www.ausfish.com.au/strudwick/

Bullwinkle
01-01-2002, 06:54 AM
New to the site and thought I would say hello. I am looking at upgrading rods and was wondering what the differance is between the DBT and BWS rods and how much differant will they feel in the hand? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Brett_Finger
02-01-2002, 07:07 AM
Bullwinkle,
since the first post re/ struddy's i have looked into this great Aussie product a bit more.

DBT - Dean Butler Taper, is a serious SWF series, thay are extreamly light and crisp to cast.
thay feature a high Modulus graphite rateing, which gives you the lightness and castability.
this series taper gives for finer diameters for eazy loading. as for the guides thay are Fuji silicon carbite stripper guides,
aluminium.
an aluminum reel seat and super hard snake guides.
the fighting capabilites are sweeeet! when locked to mediun sized tuan it's possable to boat them in reasonable time frames.useing the down and dirty tenique you can roll a good sized tuna in quick time!!

BWS - Blue Water Series, this is the mid-range saltwater fly rod series.
as with most of the Strudwick rods i have tryed, these have fantastic lifting power and you will not find a rod of similer price to compare them with as thay are in a class of there own!!
as with the DBT thay are a find taper blanc with lightness to amaze, FUJI Guides and premium grad corks!!
hope this helps,
Hookin,Brett