PDA

View Full Version : starting out

budge
03-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Im looking at getting into some flyfishing, working in the estuary areas. Could someone give me some advice on a decent setup that would suit my needs.

Chris_Dunham
03-03-2002, 10:09 PM
Budge,

Thats a pretty open question but I'm happy to throw a few generalisations into the mix.

A #7 or #8 rod matched to clear intermediate line to suite your weather conditions (a bonefish taper Scientific Angler mastery series line is a good choice if your in the warmer climes of sunny Qld) Your reel need not be fancy but having a light weight item with a reliable/smooth drag is a plus.

A #9 weight outfit can be overkill in a lot of estuary situations but if it's really windy area or you also want to do some light inshore fly fishing then it's worth considering.

If you can afford items that come with a life time warrenty then your generally going to end up with good gear. #

Cheers,

Chris.

http://www.########.com.au #

Scott_Mitchell
04-03-2002, 03:58 AM
:) Budge: For eastury work on bream,flathead,mullet,tailor and a few bass etc inland a 6/7 wht will cover the job. There are quite a few good combo's available in this size range.

We have an Innovator distance 9ft 6/7 wht 2 pc rod, matched with SA concept disc reel and floating WF7 F line , rigged with backing and a leader at around $299.00 the lot - with a 5 year unconditional warrenty on the rod ;D

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance ;)

Regards Scotto

www.alpineangler.com.au