PDA

View Full Version : For the record

Maxg
22-07-2002, 09:45 AM
Just for your information, relating to knots and super glue, loctite 406 specifically. I have never suggested people use CA glue on monofilament lines or knots. But it does work.
My use of glues is restricted to GsP lines and braided monofilament. As far as salt water use is concerned, Loctite are reluctant to nominate a time frame for use in salt water, but how about months of energetic use. Last test, about 6 months of continuous use, glued connections to LC15 lead core and stuffed up running lines.
Mind you I did not invent the use of CA glues in fishing, the yanks did that. Cheers Max

Muzzy
22-07-2002, 12:16 PM
Righto

I try not to use the stuff as I stick my fingers to everything there after...

Slates
23-07-2002, 11:34 AM
While we're on CA glues...
I used to carry a tube around when bowhunting for gluing fletches (feathers) back on etc.
Anyway, one particularly hot hat I opened it up and though "Gee, it sure smells strong today!"

What had happened was that the air had expanded which pressurized the tube (a lot). When I opened the tube, a drop shot up into one of my nostrils and totally sealed it! :o

I can tell you there were a few tears as I ripped that one from the nose-hairs after it had dried!!

hehe
Cheers, Slates

PS: watch out for heated CA glue tubes! ;D