PDA

View Full Version : TFO "WongWod"

Maxg
09-12-2002, 09:26 AM
I'm told, from the horses mouth that Springbrook have just released a 12'6" 9# 4 piece "Temple Fork Outfitters" rod for the true believers.
Whato the esturay fishers with that boomer. long casts no muscular effort, beat the crap out of 9 footers. Max

Andy_W
11-12-2002, 05:21 AM
Any idea of price Max?

Maxg
11-12-2002, 10:31 PM
No trying to find out. Maybe Chris can find out. But it should be very nice, all the rest are. Interested???? if so look at www.looptackle.sa they have special shooting heads for long rods.
Only place that does, that I can find anyway. Cheers Max

Chris_Dunham
13-12-2002, 06:51 AM
Andy,

These new rods from TFO are still in transit and won't land in Aus for another week or two. Have not cast one so can not offer an opinion other than to hazard a guess that the format may well suite some of our Kahawai (Aus Salmon) fishing situations. Retail price is yet to be determined but should be around $550.

Cheers,

Chris.

http://www.########.com.au

Andy_W
13-12-2002, 10:12 AM
Thx Chris,

Could you post and let us know when they come in?

I'd be interested in getting a look at one. I have the TFO 9' 10# and like it a lot.

Thx

Andy

Chris_Dunham
13-12-2002, 10:41 AM
Andy,

No problem, should have more to say about them by then. I neglected to say that they are an 8/9 but given the nature of long rods and the amount of leverage they have expect it will be more of a 9 than an 8 - more on that later.

Cheers,

Chris.