PDA

View Full Version : whats the Go!

thunnus
07-03-2003, 05:36 PM
hey boys where the heck are you all?

TBF - hows the fishing up your way - many tuna and how about them funny flats dwellers?

dave - have you been out chasing the tuna of bribie (thats if there even is any) and how about the jacks?

wes - you been to hervey bay yet - if so was it anygood?

quinny - you getting into any tarps around the traps?

come on guys if i cant go fishing i wanna hear about it!

i would even settle for a word from you max ;D :D :-*

cheers, justin

Brett_Finger
08-03-2003, 03:12 AM
TUNA! TUNA! TUNA!
some BIG TUNA here at the moment,Buuuuuuut the bloody wind has not stoped blowing for 3 months,a few days here and there but that's it.

we had good weather while the Tuna comp was on at the bay,takeing advantage of this we slipped out and nailed 8 longtail for the morning,all fish were on #10 DBT's.

some great fish where crashing but getting onto the Really Big ones proved a mission,and time wasted chaseing the 20kg plus fish should have been spent braining the 10kg ones.. :-/

i know it sounds lame,but i am almost getting boared with Tuna,and do not really target them much,but with a great window that weekend (sat) and some big fish around i had to go.

we are waiting for a break to hit them again with reports filtering in from the Big reef Boats,that there are some big schools of Bait in close and the Tuna Schools are sitting on them.
i hope so as this makes the job a lot easier as the fish seem to become a bit complacement after not being hit for a while and plenty of tucker around.

as for the flats,with the onset of cooler days, trev's and things are starting to rise onto the flats,things are shapeing up to be a real nice cooler mounth sesion.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

with a bit of luck, the bait schools will come in close and get o the flats,with the tide.
i can tell you sight fishing cruzing Longtails in 3 feet of water on white sand is the wildest fun!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

i fish schools of mixed Longtails and Mack Tuna a couple of x-mass's ago with Toddy up off Rules beach.

we where in water so skinny the prop was stuck in the sand,and the beach (wich we should have fished off) only 20 feet from the back of the boat.

the fish had schooled up the bait in the shallows and where just braining them,this was just insane fishing.
it's a shame neither of us would put down the rod to video the action. ;D

that should wet you appaite for you mate.
Hookin,Brett :D

Maxg
08-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Well I'm still here, still Wong Wodding, and getting the things set up. One day it will work. Cheers Max

thunnus
08-03-2003, 03:22 PM
nice to hear brett - will they be around till say just after easter? might come up and say g'day.

good to see your still hangin in there max ;D ;)

cheers justin

Brett_Finger
08-03-2003, 03:26 PM
keep in touch,
i'll keep ya posted. ;D
Max,
good to see you still woding away :D
take care mate,
Hookin,Brett :)

fisher
08-03-2003, 07:13 PM
Hi Thunnus just thought I'd let you know Scott Mathews 'Shaun Ryan had a good weekend at the tuna tourny with the help of there trusty driver Jason Preece taking out Champion Team and Shaun taking Champion Angler the boys scored 9 Longies and 3 Mac Tuna ;D well ahead of any other team,the lads kicked arssss,Then they came back to my place and helped me load a 20ft plus gum tree into the back of my ute to be taken to the dump,as well as helping to cut out the stump with an axe. Well done fellas and thanks for the help your welcome to stay here anytime Paul.

Maxg
08-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Well then Arm still hear, but had a birfday on Satterday, was seventy free, bin drinkin a few noggins of Chivas Regal Ski, very nyce drop.
Its bloddy hot hear, 37 plus and the humidity is bloody orful.
Right now its 12.45am and I'm sweatin like a stuck pig. Cheers see yah. Max

Brett_Finger
09-03-2003, 03:14 AM
hehehehe,
ya old Bastard!! ;D ;D
only 73 that means we still got another good 20 years of haveing you keep the Bastards Honest!!
good on ya ol' fella!!
Hookin,Brett
ps; Buy a Bloody Air-Con ;)

Jack_Lives_Here
09-03-2003, 05:50 AM
Hey Justin,

Mate work is seriuosly getting in the way of my fishing. Would you believe I drove Cairns to Mackay this week and not a bloody ounce of time for a fish. >:(I think next week I gotta go to Rocky but I'll have to make the time I reckon.
The boat is getting cobwebs on it >:(

Quinny69
09-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Thunnus, All Im doing is wishing I lived near HBF, sounds like fun mate.Ive been buzzing around Hinze and Baroumba alot latley wif Bones and getting our fair share of nice Bass, but NO Togas this season. Oh well, be heading back down for another go at 1.30am.......Should tee up a day for some "BASSIN"(said in yank accent) M Quinn

thunnus
10-03-2003, 05:34 PM
good to hear you have all been fishing!

Paul - yeah i went up to hevery bay for the comp - did crap and didnt land any tuna - got some nice squid but, yummy!

dave - you ganna be up at the tuna chase?

quinny - give us a yell or drop us a line about these bass - we will tee something up!

cheers and good fishing, justin

Jack_Lives_Here
11-03-2003, 06:06 AM
Nah mate. Gotta go to Rocky early next week. Hope to get is a fish at Awoonga for a couple of hours maybe.

Wesley_Pang
14-03-2003, 04:22 AM
Justin,

Planning to get up to Hervey Bay next weekend for the goldens. I haven't been up this year.

If the weather is OK, I'd like have a look around Bribie/Tangalooma for longtails this weekend. I'm not mucking around this year, I'm using a GLX 13 weight.

Are there any longtails out of Mooloolaba? I guess they are all off Bundy.

Wes

Jack_Lives_Here
14-03-2003, 04:24 AM
See you out there Wes - weather dependant.

thunnus
14-03-2003, 07:44 AM
that makes three of us wes and dave! there are a few longtails out of m'bah so i have been told, but that is second hand info so i wouldnt bet my life on it. You guys goin of bribie - if so are you heading out into the bay or running up the beach?

cheers, Justin

Jack_Lives_Here
14-03-2003, 09:39 AM
I'll run up the beach to start with and then head out wider - weather dependant of course.

swflyfish
14-03-2003, 09:42 AM
Sounds like the spot for a fishing report! anyone interested on the fishing on fly around Townsville? Not in the town itself but off the coast where I live.
Tuna here in good numbers- mainly macks with some longies around as well. Mackerel (spanish) moving around early this year already.

Flats-what more can I say? exceptional.

last weekend saw a stack of trevally (giant,golden,etc) all goldens were feeding in one main area and this made the fishing great. really easy to sight in skinny water when they cloud it up. Some nice giants moving around the mangroves and smashing bait which there is a heap of here at the moment.
Queenfish (my favourite) around early as well and not afraid to take a fly. These fish are a good size and the smallest went 1100mm.

This is shaping up to be a better year/season than the last three and I will be out there to make the most of it.
Flats also shaping up well for the 'speedy whiting' and 'oyster crackers'.
The only problem with all of this is finding the time to tie more flies between fishing them.

excess line burns and screaming drags-here I come.

Hukim'

By the way- anyone with spare time on the weekend of 28,29,30th of March don't forget the Townsville fishing and outdoor Expo.

Quinny69
14-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Thunnus, Nugget,Wes anyone got a spare spot on board. Im still trying to break my longtail virginaty. And I wanna bloody my new rod. Pleeeeeeeeeessse. Matt Q deceptionbayfly@mail.com