PDA

View Full Version : Perfect flyfishing boat

wessel
27-02-2006, 06:01 PM
had an opertunity to go out with a crowd who run a charter business out of Fujeira on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates. This is a picture of one of their boats they custom built for fly fishing.

Recessed cleats, bow and stern lean to bars, rods are stored in the T-top (space for 4 rods), general deck lay out is absolutely clean with nothing that will snag a fly line.

I fished of the stern in some pretty rough seas and was still able to do my casting. One addition they will look at is a stripping basket in windy conditions. The line tend to be blown overboard and end up in the prop. Long and expensive story ::)

Did I mention that the boat goes like the clappers.....

Regards

Wessel

bbekk2
05-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Nice boat, but wouldn't those stainless leaning posts at the stern and bow get in the way?

wessel
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Seems like we have lost a few postings?

The answer would be stabillity

here are a few more pictures of the lay-out of the boat

wessel
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
View of the bow casting platform

wessel
07-03-2006, 06:00 PM
View of the console.

Lots of storage space with a head inside of the console

wessel
07-03-2006, 06:03 PM
The home made rod hangers.

I think it was a 2 inch PVC drain pipe that the owner worked a bit.

A great idea, simple and inexpensive also

W

PS: Not my reel on that rod. Also, I am not affiliated with any of the products shown in any of the pictures.

catchy_fishy
09-03-2006, 07:50 AM
very nice.

can you explain more about the rod hangers

wessel
09-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Apparently it was quite easy.

They took a standard 2 inch PVC drain pipe t-connection, shaped it with a stanley knife, added the bungey cord and fixed it to the targa top.

In the front they have a small cross section of pipe with a foam filler and a bungey cord that goes around that.

Hope that helps

Wessel

catchy_fishy
12-03-2006, 06:45 AM
It does help, thanks - they'll work nicely on my tarpaulin