PDA

View Full Version : forest lake

jonesy
04-02-2002, 04:52 PM
some time back in the local rag ithink may have been "The Sattlite" APN news paper prodgeny of the queensland times,or "the south west news"Quest news paper, iremember reading something about the DPI doing an electro fish in the lake to determine the bio density of the current fish population ,in particular Tilarpia ,carp ,gold fish,and any other vermine the local population wrong fully beleive should live out there lives in the nice big dam at there back door step.I have witnessed one of these "free willy" ::)emotional moments as mom said to her child that after they come back from holidays they can come down and vist the pet gold fish.After trying to explain to the the now tear filled parent and daughter that this is not the correct way to dispose ofun wanted pets ,got my head bitten of in a torrent of abuse that would make a boiler maker blush.

This little moment pricked the memory of haveing seen something about a net being placed around the outlet pipe,
No doubt this has been placed into the to hard basket ,or no one is willing to put up there had and come to the party to pay for some kind of device to prevent the infill tration into Oxley creek and into the brisbane river ,no doubt oxley creek allready has apopulation of these fish,as forest lake has overflowed a number of times.

I would love to know what was the out come of the DPI's findings and proposals put to the local gov ,Delfin or any one demed responsable for the lake

thanks in advance for any info jonsey